A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

A6 Allroad Wheel Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man, I just picked up a '22 A6 allroad (white w/ black optics) and I've been browsing around for aftermarket wheels. Your Vossen VFS-1 wheels look SO GOOD! If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you:

1) Are you happy with the specs you ended up going with (i.e. 21x9 +32 paired with 255/40R21 tires) or would you change something if you were to order them again? When I reached out Vossen, they suggested 21x9.5 and didn't specify an offset. I would like the wheels/tires to be vertically flush with the side of the fender. At +32, yours still look a tad recessed but it's hard to tell from the last picture.

2) According to tiresize.com, 255/40R21 is just a tad larger in diameter (29") compared to the stock 245/45R20 tires (28.7"). From your experience, does the speedometer read a little lower than the speed you're actually going according to your phone's GPS (i.e. Waze / Google Maps)?

3) What color/finish are yours? It seems like Vossen has offered different dark grey finishes over the years (e.g. Anthracite, Matte Graphite, etc.). Ideally, I'm trying to match the "Manhattan Gray" painted trim color as closely as possible.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJintrinsic
A quick trip to the 49ers team store turned into an impromptu photo shoot

Running on Vossen VFS-1 21x9 +32 on Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S. Lowered 1.5" with Ghostlinks... thinking of lowering another .5" or 1"

Hey man, I just picked up a '22 A6 allroad (white w/ black optics) and I've been browsing around for aftermarket wheels. Your Vossen VFS-1 wheels look SO GOOD! If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you:

1) Are you happy with the specs you ended up going with (i.e. 21x9 +32 paired with 255/40R21 tires) or would you change something if you were to order them again? When I reached out Vossen, they suggested 21x9.5 and didn't specify an offset. I would like the wheels/tires to be vertically flush with the side of the fender. At +32, yours still look a tad recessed but it's hard to tell from the last picture.

2) According to tiresize.com, 255/40R21 is just a tad larger in diameter (29") compared to the stock 245/45R20 tires (28.7"). From your experience, does the speedometer read a little lower than the speed you're actually going according to your phone's GPS (i.e. Waze / Google Maps)?

3) What color/finish are yours? It seems like Vossen has offered different dark grey finishes over the years (e.g. Anthracite, Matte Graphite, etc.). Ideally, I'm trying to match the "Manhattan Gray" painted trim color as closely as possible.

Old 12-12-2022, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by derekmccurry
[...] 2) According to tiresize.com, 255/40R21 is just a tad larger in diameter (29") compared to the stock 245/45R20 tires (28.7"). From your experience, does the speedometer read a little lower than the speed you're actually going according to your phone's GPS (i.e. Waze / Google Maps)? [...]
Looking at the calculated differential on TireSize.com, no way could a differential that small be detected by comparing the speedometer or odometer to a phone's readings, as that has to within the error margin of the gps.
(Unlike perhaps it was carefully logged over hundreds or even thousands of miles.)

Last edited by Jonathan S.; 12-12-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dkgreig
I only bought the oem wheels because I gave up on the sensor hunt. People would insist that I did not need the sensors or they would say that they did not have them becuase of covid / Ukraine, yada yada… Tirerack is not what they used to be since being bough by Discount Tire.[...]
Disappointing to hear that. For my prior VAG car, back in November 2019, I clicked away at TireRack.com, then the TPMS sensors were reasonably priced and came already mounted on the wheels.
But when I decided last month not to run a separate winter setup for my A6 ar, TireRack worked out well for buying Michelin CrossClimate2: shipped directly to one of their listed installers, so all I had to do was swing by there to swap out the OEM all-seasons.

Last edited by Jonathan S.; 12-12-2022 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok,you like Tirerack. So did I. They once took care of everything and all was well. Had everything, knew everything. It is not the same anymore. It changed, really, it did,

They are still fine if you drive an Equinox and want the cheapest tires… just like everybody else.

thank you.

Last edited by dkgreig; 12-12-2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-12-2022, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

^ What a loss of a great resource. I was always so impressed by them that I had recently searched out of curiosity as to who owned them, wondering how that kind of experience could survive in the cut-throat etailer market. When I saw they'd been acquired at the end of last year by Discount Tire I was wondering what would happen. I suppose we now know the answer. I suspect those detailed tire tests will be next -- those can't be cheap to run.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by derekmccurry

Hey!

1) I think I could have gone with a +28 offset to be more flush or either a 9.5 width. I have about a 5mm gap between the fender and wheel. The 9.0" width was originally quoted from Vossen back in 2021 but they could have had more test fittings to other cars to recommend a 9.5" width.
2) No change in spedometer from what I have noticed. Even passing by speed radar signs, the reading is still 1:1
3) Color is the anthrecite. I would have gone bronze but I had a hell of a deal on these.
The following users liked this post:
Turboale (12-19-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ve seen some of you using OEM wheels from other models. I’d like to do the same but I need it to be plug and play and not have to mess around with spacers. I just put winter tires on the stock 20s and would like to just leave them on and go 21s for the summer. It seems like the B9 Q5 wheels will fit as well S5 wheels. Are there any others I’m missing? Thanks
Old 12-28-2022, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

https://wheelplususa.com/collections/audi-wheels

I used them in 2017 and 2018 for alternate rims for my S5 and S6 with 0 issues.

Last edited by parkstr8; 12-31-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2023, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WausauS8

Here is the original
Hello, such a nice car!
Can you please let me know the wheels specs? R ET J? And the tire too ? Thank you very much!
The following 2 users liked this post by Alexandru Paul:
alanyc (03-03-2023), Jasafour (03-03-2023)

Quick Reply: A6 Allroad Wheel Thread