A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Finally, new A6 Allroad Nearly in Hand!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 04:38 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
beauty. congrats! did the audi crossbars come as a port-added option on that build? if so, what price is it listed as on the monroney sticker?

no crossbars came with mine… undecided if I should get thule or the oem ones. If anything I think I’d rather get thule since they can be had in all black which would suit black optics well.
I'm not sure if the crossbars were added at the port or by the dealer. they were in a box sitting in the cargo area of the car. I'm planning to use the Thule system I have, although I had to order longer crossbars. If you decide you want to go with the OEM ones, hit me up and we can make a deal. I will say the OEM crossbars look to have a nifty clamping mechanism that simplifies installation. If it weren't for all the Thule stuff I already have I might just use the OEM cross bars.

the window sticker lists the crossbars at $460

Old 07-02-2021, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So how long have these been out? I was going to order an etron gt as a road tripper/daily but was fighting myself because it wasn’t a hatch and I really wanted to have more room for our dogs. But I went to check out the color samples anyway and one of the employees offered to show their brown interior in their a6 allroad to get an idea. And being someone who’d considered an rs6 but discounted it due to availability i kinda loved the allroad. After looking at the options it seems to check all the boxes minus electric/hybrid and at this point I’m willing to overlook that as there’s not a ton of options now but tons in the next fee years.
Old 07-03-2021, 12:56 AM
Club AutoUnion

Originally Posted by Mysta
So how long have these been out? I was going to order an etron gt as a road tripper/daily but was fighting myself because it wasn’t a hatch and I really wanted to have more room for our dogs. But I went to check out the color samples anyway and one of the employees offered to show their brown interior in their a6 allroad to get an idea. And being someone who’d considered an rs6 but discounted it due to availability i kinda loved the allroad. After looking at the options it seems to check all the boxes minus electric/hybrid and at this point I’m willing to overlook that as there’s not a ton of options now but tons in the next fee years.
The A6 Allroad is in the second year of its US market return, first returning as a 2020 model. The third year is coming up with model year 2022. Be forewarned, if you plan to order, you are looking at long lead times (read my experience through the two links I added in my build thread). TLDR, after several delays resulting in a 9+ month wait for the car, I searched for and found the car we bought in another state.

While only approaching the third model year here, the A6 Allroad has been available in Europe non stop since its debut two decades ago. The Allroad has been around for a long time. The C8 debuted in Europe in 2019.

I assume you mean the e-tron GT when commenting on options availability…
Old 07-03-2021, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
The A6 Allroad is in the second year of its US market return, first returning as a 2020 model. The third year is coming up with model year 2022. Be forewarned, if you plan to order, you are looking at long lead times (read my experience through the two links I added in my build thread). TLDR, after several delays resulting in a 9+ month wait for the car, I searched for and found the car we bought in another state.

While only approaching the third model year here, the A6 Allroad has been available in Europe non stop since its debut two decades ago. The Allroad has been around for a long time. The C8 debuted in Europe in 2019.

I assume you mean the e-tron GT when commenting on options availability…
Yeah for sure! I’ve actually been on list for Taycan Cross Turismo for a while and that’s why I was looking at the etron gt. On a positive note the allroad doesn’t have a ton of options so I suppose it’s mostly about finding it in your color(s)? I’d probably get fully loaded in blue
The following users liked this post:
Habervision (07-21-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 08:01 AM
Club AutoUnion

Yeah for sure! I’ve actually been on list for Taycan Cross Turismo for a while and that’s why I was looking at the etron gt. On a positive note the allroad doesn’t have a ton of options so I suppose it’s mostly about finding it in your color(s)? I’d probably get fully loaded in blue
Believe it or not, it would appear that the black optic package is what caused all the delays. Or at least that is what my California sales rep thought. He’s configured a car after mine for a customer that didn’t include the black optic pkg and that person got their car in a only a few months. I can’t stand chrome on a car, so black optic is a must have. There were a handful of Allroads within driving distance of us that had everything except black optic I could’ve gotten off the lot. Nope. Not for me.

I was determined to stick to exactly the configuration I wanted when we decided to move on from our B8.5 allroad. About the only thing I was slightly open to was a different color. But only white. First choice, silver. Second, white. Third, pass. I couldn’t believe that even though we ordered January 3rd, the delivery kept getting delayed until I got fed up when it was pushed to September and the model year became 2022! W. T. F?!? Our sales rep was awesome the whole time. He advised me to contact the Colorado dealership myself. Cutting him out of the deal! What sales rep does that? If I ever buy another vehicle again I will 100% go to him first. I “found” him by accident as I was a walk in looking for a test drive. Dressed like a slob. Nobody wanted to help me until he became available. So, need a sales rep in So. Cal? Gabby at Carlsbad Audi is your guy. He won’t steer you a wrong.

Last edited by PWDRSKR; 07-04-2021 at 03:32 AM.
Mysta (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bummer, I would love to have it sooner, I did find one blue one and it had brown seats though they're second to me over the tan. But didn't have the upgraded sound system.

Sos I see you have an Allroad and RS5. I've always been a one car for all and recently got a Supra to try and split my cars into sporty and a practical but I've had trouble letting the sporty go from the 'practical' one(which is why I'd really prefer an RS6 but hard to find.) How do you like the performance in the Allroad?
Old 07-04-2021, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

Unless you have a good source of high bandwidth audio I'd skip the B&O, also will be next to impossible to find on a lot. The only way a dealer will have one is if someone ordered it and bailed. I love my blue and brown, but I do wish it was a bit brighter/saddle.

Good luck on the search! You will love it, I get a lot of compliments...
Old 07-04-2021, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turboale
Unless you have a good source of high bandwidth audio I'd skip the B&O, also will be next to impossible to find on a lot. The only way a dealer will have one is if someone ordered it and bailed. I love my blue and brown, but I do wish it was a bit brighter/saddle.

Good luck on the search! You will love it, I get a lot of compliments...
Good to know! Does anyone know if the black optics is the definite backordered part? My dealer said they had 3 ordered but didn't say what they were but did say they are all waiting on parts.

Have any pics of your firmament blue?
Old 07-04-2021, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

Have any pics of your firmament blue?
I dont know if i would trust anything anything a salesman says... Could be true but anything that would lead you to part from your wish list I would question. I nearly went with color match instead of BO and Im glad i didnt. What it would cost to add the BO after (what i would have done) would have been a pretty extensive list. Especially the roof rails.

Full Gallery

Last edited by Turboale; 07-04-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Wagoner (10-03-2023)
Old 07-04-2021, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turboale
I dont know if i would trust anything anything a salesman says... Could be true but anything that would lead you to part from your wish list I would question. I nearly went with color match instead of BO and Im glad i didnt. What it would cost to add the BO after (what i would have done) would have been a pretty extensive list. Especially the roof rails.

Full Gallery

looks clean, love that color. And yeah black optics is a hard requirement for me so wouldn’t change from that at all. Though I am considering an etron sportback still.
Turboale (07-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Finally, new A6 Allroad Nearly in Hand!