A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Finally, new A6 Allroad Nearly in Hand!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

My dealer in stl has a sand colored one...

Old 07-04-2021, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboale
My dealer in stl has a sand colored one...

i think I’d do a plasma blue in prestige trim with black optics.
The following users liked this post:
Turboale (07-04-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 05:20 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 363 Likes on 236 Posts

Something I find "odd" and didn't realize until a few days ago, for some reason black optics doesn't include black badges and emblems. Our RS5 with black optics had silver badges and our A6 Allroad with black optics had silver badges. I'm about 2/3 of the through converting the Allroad. Converting the RS5 was the first mod I did on that car back in December 2019. The most annoying part of a badge conversion is getting the residual adhesive off of the car. This time around I used some adhesive remover I originally bought to take the decals off of my mt. bike. Worked marginally better than the Goo Gone I used on the RS5. Spray the adhesive, wait a couple minutes, the carefully run a plastic razor blade under the adhesive. The worst of it being the back rings. Took well over an hour of careful, spray, scrape, spray, rub with cloth, scrape, spray.... Surprisingly, the Allroad badge not only came right off, the adhesive was easy also. Here's some "in progress" shots.. Still have the "A6" and the rear "Quattro" badges to do (delivery this weekA). Haven't found a reasonably priced front "Quattro" badge in glossy black yet so might just leave it as is. Need to see it in "normal" conditions.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looking forward to you finding a front quattro badge, if you find one with red text let ke know! Haha The one I ordered ended up being for the B9 and it was tiiiny. Honestly I'm probably going to leave the silver up front for now though. I love the black badges on the paint but the black rings kind of disappear on the black grille. The gloss definitely helps, i just wish there was a bit more contrast for me personally.

Are you going to tint your rear lower reflectors? That is on my short list.

Last edited by Turboale; 07-04-2021 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2021, 03:15 AM
Club AutoUnion

Looking forward to you finding a front quattro badge, if you find one with red text let ke know! Haha The one I ordered ended up being for the B9 and it was tiiiny. Honestly I'm probably going to leave the silver up front for now though. I love the black badges on the paint but the black rings kind of disappear on the black grille. The gloss definitely helps, i just wish there was a bit more contrast for me personally.

Are you going to tint your rear lower reflectors? That is on my short list.
The only place I've found the front badge is TAG Motorsports where you can get the entire set. It looks to me that they are using a chrome badge, prepping and repainting in the color of you're choosing. I'd get it from them but the cost is ridiculous IMO. $155 for just the front Quattro badge. The whole set can be had for $970. I've summarized my search for badges here. The sources I chose are highlighted by red text.

I seem to recall a badge with red highlights or lettering in my searches. However, I don't recall where.

Eventually I'm going to get the European tail lights. If those are just as bright then I'll consider painting them. The black line edition Euro tail lights on the RS5 have significantly less red than the "standard" light. Here's a picture of the Euro Black Line edition, followed by the OEM blackline tail lights that came on the car for comparison:

OEM US spec RS5 Tail lights for comparison:

Turboale (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, the tag set is... rich. But I suppose it could be fun way to do something custom, but there is no way I'd pay that for just black.

Euro tails would be slick!! You could probably sell the BO tails to someone doing a conversion too...
Old 07-06-2021, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
Well, surprise, surprise, Audi had delayed the car again, this time the most egregious yet, END OF SEPTEMBER! Not only that, the model year was changed from a ‘21 model year to a ‘22 model year! WTF indeed! Nine months after placing the order! The sales rep was as bewildered as I, his only explanation (conjecture as Audi provided no actual explanation) was that the choice of the Black Optics package was the root cause behind all the delays.
Glad to see you got a car you wanted! My wife and I are in a similar boat, but buying overseas through Military Auto Source. We actually put an order in last October (!!!!) before the dealer had the order guide. We stipulated the car had to have Black Optics and they let a car slip into production without it in January (and without our approval). We turned that car down and re-placed our order in January. They estimated delivery in June, but now I'm getting a very similar run around (except my rep is saying "chip shortage" every third word). I check in monthly, and in our last discussion he said there would be a "Q4 delivery" (not sure if he means Aug-Oct or Oct-Dec). Really tired of waiting, but we're holding out for the exact car we want... Specs below!

- Prestige Pack
- Avalon Green
- Pearl Beige Interior
- Fine Grain Ash Trim
- Black Optics
Old 07-06-2021, 11:59 AM
Club AutoUnion

Yeah, the tag set is... rich. But I suppose it could be fun way to do something custom, but there is no way I'd pay that for just black.

Euro tails would be slick!! You could probably sell the BO tails to someone doing a conversion too...
I ended up cobbling together a full set by getting things from different sellers. I put up a link in my build thread to the post I made about in over on Audizine. I'm started replacing badges over the weekend and am waiting for the final couple pieces. The only one I didn't find, the front Quattro grill brand (other than on TAGs website, not spending $155 for one Quattro badge!) will have to go unchanged for now.

That is essentially what I did with our RS5. Sold off the both front and rear lights to offset some of the Euro cost. My big mistake was in not going for the (more expensive) full matrix lights out of the gate. I only went for the improved beam pattern and orange market delete first. Then changed my mind and went full matrix. They are super cool to watch go on and off in traffic depending on what is going on around me. I really like have a rear fog light. This is another benefit of the Euro tail lights. I can't fathom why they don't have them on US cars. There are some cars the rear fog light is a standard even in the US. There must be some obscure law or something. You might be talking me into this sooner than later...

Originally Posted by PracTTical
Glad to see you got a car you wanted! My wife and I are in a similar boat, but buying overseas through Military Auto Source. We actually put an order in last October (!!!!) before the dealer had the order guide. We stipulated the car had to have Black Optics and they let a car slip into production without it in January (and without our approval). We turned that car down and re-placed our order in January. They estimated delivery in June, but now I'm getting a very similar run around (except my rep is saying "chip shortage" every third word). I check in monthly, and in our last discussion he said there would be a "Q4 delivery" (not sure if he means Aug-Oct or Oct-Dec). Really tired of waiting, but we're holding out for the exact car we want... Specs below!

- Prestige Pack
- Avalon Green
- Pearl Beige Interior
- Fine Grain Ash Trim
- Black Optics
Nice build. I thought I had it bad! You're approaching a year! How annoying. Have you done a national search? My sales rep was awesome and helped with the search. He even gave up the commission to be sure I got the car I wanted.
Turboale (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PWDRSKR
I ended up cobbling together a full set by getting things from different sellers. I put up a link in my build thread to the post I made about in over on Audizine. I'm started replacing badges over the weekend and am waiting for the final couple pieces. The only one I didn't find, the front Quattro grill brand (other than on TAGs website, not spending $155 for one Quattro badge!) will have to go unchanged for now.

That is essentially what I did with our RS5. Sold off the both front and rear lights to offset some of the Euro cost. My big mistake was in not going for the (more expensive) full matrix lights out of the gate. I only went for the improved beam pattern and orange market delete first. Then changed my mind and went full matrix. They are super cool to watch go on and off in traffic depending on what is going on around me. I really like have a rear fog light. This is another benefit of the Euro tail lights. I can't fathom why they don't have them on US cars. There are some cars the rear fog light is a standard even in the US. There must be some obscure law or something. You might be talking me into this sooner than later...

Nice build. I thought I had it bad! You're approaching a year! How annoying. Have you done a national search? My sales rep was awesome and helped with the search. He even gave up the commission to be sure I got the car I wanted.
How hard was it to get the full matrix behavior, just software or full on had to buy upgraded headlights?
Old 07-06-2021, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mysta
How hard was it to get the full matrix behavior, just software or full on had to buy upgraded headlights?
It depends vehicle to vehicle... For us C8s we get hello and goodbye animation but no dynamic turn signals. If you dont have the greeting animation its an option in OBDEleven. The dynamic turn signals require new hardware and a software update for the euro hardware.

Quick Reply: Finally, new A6 Allroad Nearly in Hand!