A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Joining the C8 Allroad club - new to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default C8 Allroad club - hoping to be new to Audi

Hi all - this will be my first Audi. Placed an order “request” for an A6 Allroad. As you already know - it’s not an “order”. We were led to believe it shouldn’t be a problem getting an allocation, although it could easily be a 2023 model year. Whether ‘22 or ‘23 doesn’t matter. Delivery later this year or next year doesn’t matter. I had two BMW wagons that were nice but rather stiff, and lacking in some comfort features (more for my husband’s bad back). The Allroad wagon checks most of my boxes, and at the same time will be comfortable for hubby. A definite upgrade over the past 3-series wagons (which I really enjoyed).

The request is for a Prestige in Florett Silver with black leather, luxury package, full paint finish (skipping B&O, night vision, black optic pkg).

I’m not crazy about the wheels, but will probably live with them rather than replace with aftermarket. I wish the full paint in silver actually matched. I know it’ll appear as two-tone, but I believe it’ll be a subtle difference. Anyone say otherwise? My second choice is white (which appears to match) - but silver helps show the “muscular” design and is easier to live with.

I’ve had quite a few German cars and was a bit surprised by the lack of choice when building the spec. I’d probably go with red leather interior if offered, but will be happy with black. I don’t care about resale, I just want what I want.

I’ve already read quite a bit here and look forward to participating.

Last edited by NotAGarageQueen; 12-20-2022 at 10:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NotAGarageQueen:
1998993c2s (05-07-2022), DadAudi (04-10-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats! Love your spec. The Florett silver is beautiful. skipping B&O, night and BO was a good call. I did the same. I ended up with Sarder brown interior. I will say I don't love it, but I like it enough as a change since I've had black interiors as long as I can remember. And yes, the red leather found on the SQ8 is beautiful or even the Cognac on the RS6 would be a better choice. But you can never go wrong with black.
Old 04-09-2022, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 96 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on the allroad order. and yes, your husband's back will be very appreciative. In a number of reviews, the ride quality has been mentioned. And although a small sample size, everyone who has ridden in mine has commented on the very smooth ride
Old 04-09-2022, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sam Adams
Congrats! Love your spec. The Florett silver is beautiful. skipping B&O, night and BO was a good call. I did the same. I ended up with Sarder brown interior. I will say I don't love it, but I like it enough as a change since I've had black interiors as long as I can remember. And yes, the red leather found on the SQ8 is beautiful or even the Cognac on the RS6 would be a better choice. But you can never go wrong with black.
Thank you! I was very tempted by the brown but without seeing it in person I opted for black. I wish there were more choices. The configurator shows only the black, brown or pearl. I’ve had a couple red interiors in past cars and love silver or white over red. But black is practical and will be fine.

Originally Posted by dassq5
Congrats on the allroad order. and yes, your husband's back will be very appreciative. In a number of reviews, the ride quality has been mentioned. And although a small sample size, everyone who has ridden in mine has commented on the very smooth ride
. Appreciate the insight, thanks. We test drove a 2019 A6 sedan - it was the closest the dealer had. The ride was fine. Comfortable. I trust the wagon will be similar and with the adjustable air ride suspension: probably better. It would be preferable to test drive before buying, but I’ve bought several cars without driving first, and with enough research I have a good idea of what to expect. So far it has worked out.

The following users liked this post:
DadAudi (04-10-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can anyone share the number and location of 12V receptacles and USB and USB-C plugs?
Is there a 12V in the rear interior of the wagon?

TIA
Old 04-10-2022, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NotAGarageQueen
Can anyone share the number and location of 12V receptacles and USB and USB-C plugs?

TIA
For sure, there are two usb-c plugs in the center armrest console and two just below the AC controls for the rear passengers. Don't think there is any plugs in the rear interior.
Old 04-10-2022, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

For sure, there are two usb-c plugs in the center armrest console and two just below the AC controls for the rear passengers. Don't think there is any plugs in the rear interior.
Assuming it is the same as the UK spec then there is a 12v socket on the right hand side of the cargo area within the removable panel (same location as the small netted compartment on the Left Hand side). There is another 12v supply in the cupholder area in the front and in the rear below the rear AC controls (unless the rear ones are replaced by the 2 USB sockets - my car does not have rear AC controls or rear USB sockets)
1998993c2s (05-07-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi all - this will be my first Audi. Placed an order “request” for an A6 Allroad. As you already know - it’s not an “order”. We were led to believe it shouldn’t be a problem getting an allocation, although it could easily be a 2023 model year.
Congrats!! Hopefully your journey is quicker than mine. I initially submitted my order request last July, and my dealer was finally able to get an allocation this January. I'm "patiently" waiting for a build date, as I was told it should be an April build, with July delivery. I was told by my dealer that April builds were going to be rolled over to a 23 MY, so yours should be a 23.
1998993c2s (05-07-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

TIA
Silly me. yes, there is a 12v plug in back on the US spec model, along with the 4 USB-C ports up front. I had to use the 12v plug last summer for the portable air compressor and emergency spare last summer...
Old 04-12-2022, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

For sure, there are two usb-c plugs in the center armrest console and two just below the AC controls for the rear passengers….
Thank you! Very helpful

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Assuming it is the same as the UK spec then there is a 12v socket on the right hand side of the cargo area within the removable panel (same location as the small netted compartment on the Left Hand side). There is another 12v supply in the cupholder area in the front and in the rear below the rear AC controls (unless the rear ones are replaced by the 2 USB sockets - my car does not have rear AC controls or rear USB sockets)
Thanks! Appreciate the info!

Originally Posted by TropicGreenA4
Congrats!! Hopefully your journey is quicker than mine. I initially submitted my order request last July, and my dealer was finally able to get an allocation this January. I'm "patiently" waiting for a build date, as I was told it should be an April build, with July delivery. I was told by my dealer that April builds were going to be rolled over to a 23 MY, so yours should be a 23.
I look forward to reading about your delivery impressions this summer! A car I ordered in early Sept 2020 delivered June “21 so I’m very familiar with the process. I wasn’t expecting to get the allocation and was thrilled when it happened. This time around I hope they continue to build them and it’s good to know it’ll be a “23. I hope to get lucky but even if it’s next year I’ll be happy to get the exact spec I want.

Silly me. yes, there is a 12v plug in back on the US spec model, along with the 4 USB-C ports up front. I had to use the 12v plug last summer for the portable air compressor and emergency spare last summer...
Thanks for sharing the detail. We have a similarly placed 12V in the rear of our ‘21 Macan GTS. We discovered the 12V cord is only long enough to reach the rear tyres. It’s designed only to fill the spare, but we had spent the winter in a warmer climate and wanted to increase pressures before heading north into colder temps (returned mid March). We bought a 12V extension cord that we keep in the compressor compartment. Problem solved. At least we could add air to any tyre while in transit.

Quick Reply: Joining the C8 Allroad club - new to Audi