A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Joining the C8 Allroad club - new to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking Audi is nervous about committing to build them because, at least, in the US the market seems to want SUVs. It’d be nice if they had the flexibility to offer more wagons, but who knows if anyone would buy them.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by gnew18
I used one of the dealer’s allocations
Is that Hoffman of ... Connecticut?
(Internet found another one in Illinois, but I see an I-91 sign there, so must be CT.)

I had been about to place a deposit for a build order with Hoffman in East Hartford CT back in July but then suddenly a new vehicle became available on a dealer lot down in the Philadelphia area, so within striking distance.
If I end up placing a build order for my next vehicle around 2025, I plan to go with Hoffman -- was your overall experience with them pretty good?
Old 10-19-2022, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkyg
I placed a deposit here in Edmonton for an A6 Allroad in early July. The dealer was able to secure an allocation from another location in late August. I expect production to be in December with the car arriving in the new year. Its taking up to 2 months now to get cars to Canada so I guess we'll see.
Just in time for the snow! Thanks for the timeline. Fingers crossed I get allocation.

@gnew18: Great looking car! Is that Mythos Black?

The following users liked this post:
sparkyg (10-20-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FogDucker
Just in time for the snow! Thanks for the timeline. Fingers crossed I get allocation.

@gnew18: Great looking car! Is that Mythos Black?

Just found out my Allroad is week 44 production. Anyone know if that aligns with the calendar? Thx

Last edited by sparkyg; 10-23-2022 at 09:25 AM. Reason: sp
Old 10-23-2022, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkyg
Just found out my Allrod is week 44 production. Anyone know it that aligns with the calendar? Thx
Yes production weeks are calendar weeks so Week 44 will be next week
The following 2 users liked this post by John Simcox:
sparkyg (10-23-2022), Turboale (10-23-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gnew18
So I ordered virtually the same car on 30 Mar ... Mine just arrived. How did you make out? Coming from BMW535i x Drive I was a little disappointed in the fact that the seats don't adjust at the shoulder but otherwise I am liking the car
The Cayenne was delayed multiple times (into Nov) but then magically appeared at the dealer Sept 27 which was much better than we’d been led to believe. But….it was missing the Bose amp and we couldn’t pick it up until Nov. 19th! At least while it was sitting, we were able to get the PPF, window tint and ceramic coat applied. We also bought a set of winter wheels/tires which were mounted for us. When we picked it up, it was completely ready to use.

Originally Posted by Six-Pack
I feel so fortunate to have walked into the Jacksonville dealership just after they received word that their ‘23 A6 allroad Prestige, dew silver, black optics,etc spec car hit the factory floor. Put a down payment on it and ship date is January. I, too, would have preferred to pick a few things differently, but in these strange times, I’m quite happy to have a new car in three months. I’m in a black/red interior Alfa Romeo Stelvio, and will miss that Alfa chassis, but will be so much happier at sedan level, and It will be easier lifting my bulldogs into the lower platform of the Audi. They love a good ride and I’m sure will be more comfortable riding on air…

happy motoring
Congrats on your car! It sounds lovely and like one I would have enjoyed. We were very lucky that our Cayenne was built exactly as spec’d with every option. I’d been reading any accounts of cars arriving without PDLS+ headlamps, or the electrically adjustable steering column. Ours had everything which was great. I also really like the red (Bordeaux with Black) leather interior. It’s a nice change from the usual, and the leather is very nice. The seats have massage and are quite comfy.

I will still be hunting for a wagon to (hopefully) build, or buy at some point. We certainly don’t need two SUV and it’s a matter of figuring out my options, and which car to sell or trade when the time comes. I don’t have an immediate timeline but I’m hoping within two years, and I’ll be talking to my dealer about allocations to see what we might work out. But who knows. We’ve changed cars far more frequently than I ever would have imagined and I have a concern about building an A6 and having it ship but missing options (which would be a big disappointment).

The biggest disappointment on the Cayenne were the paint choices at the time we ordered, and no carbon ceramic (PCCB) brakes, and no surface coated (PSCB) brakes. We would have chosen Chalk, and probably PCCB or PSCB if PCCB weren’t an option. But neither were available and we didn’t want to wait. We’ve had PCCB on several cars and it’s been great not having brake dust. And the PSCB took a LONG time to “break in” and I’d say at about 10k miles they got a lot smoother. And just like PCCB, they generate almost no brake dust.

Thanks to all for commenting and I’ll be checking back in the forum more frequently now that I’ve got a rough game plan going forward.
Old 06-21-2024, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thought I’d update this very old thread about becoming a member of the “Audi club”. After a wild rollercoaster of a ride regarding the A6 Allroad, and then no Allroad, and then maybe a C8 RS6 Avant (that I’d been chasing for a long time…) I did get an allocation for the RS6. Today I received the VIN number after taking an allocation in March. It might deliver to the dealer between 8/21 and 9/10 of this year although I know delays can happen. It was to be produced next week and the ETA has moved up a few times so it has gotten “closer” rather than further away (which I take to be a good trend but I know it can go the other way, too).

I’m very excited about the RS6 as I love wagons and as beautiful as the Allroad is, I think the RS6 is next level (but honestly I’d be happy with either). I’ve moved my traffic to another site which has FAR more interaction than this forum, although I still check back here every so often to see if anyone has posted. The C8 RS6 subforum has very little activity (and the other forum has a LOT of active users sharing info, which is helpful).

Best of luck to everyone and keep enjoying your wagons! Every time I see an A6 Allroad (which is fairly rare) I am smitten! I’ve only seen one RS6 in person (a couple years ago) and I hope I like it as much as I expect to!

Last edited by NotAGarageQueen; Yesterday at 09:32 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NotAGarageQueen:
Britchz (06-30-2024), Jasafour (06-24-2024)