A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Just Venting Now - Nothing But Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
I have an 2020 20th Anniversary Edition A6 allroad

However, I am considering replacing the allroad, but only because I am thinking of getting into a plug-in hybrid. If anyone can comment on the Volvo S90 Recharge I would be happy to see your thoughts.
I REALLY wish Audi still made the Allroad in that beautiful color. I would have waited 6 more months to get that color. Very nice indeed!

Any reason you are not considering an Audi Plug in hybrid? When I first looked at Audi a year ago to replace my Highlander Hybrid (not plug-in), I looked at the Audi Q4 or Q5 (?) Plug-in Hybrid. I went with an allroad because it seemed like my last chance to not have to drive another SUV. Is this your reasoning for the Volvo (not sure if the S90 is an SUV)?
Old 01-16-2024, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

since you guys already mentioned it, this kick to open is driving me crazy Every time I walk to close to the rear of the car with the key on me it opens. Can it be disabled using VCDS?
Old 01-16-2024, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
I have an 2020 20th Anniversary Edition A6 allroad and everything works and works well, even the kick-to-open feature. I have had two small warranty items (wheel bearing and heads-up display) fixed without question on the first try by Chantilly Audi in Northern Virginia dispute the fact I bought the vehicle elsewhere. I have had about 10 different Audis since 1998 and warranty was never a problem on any of them, nor was there all that much warranty work necessary.

As others have indicated my A6 allroad is the smoothest, quietest, most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven and I have been driving since 1961 (my first car was a 1959 Hillman Minx).

However, I am considering replacing the allroad, but only because I am thinking of getting into a plug-in hybrid. If anyone can comment on the Volvo S90 Recharge I would be happy to see your thoughts.
I personally was about to pull the trigger on a V60 Recharge( know you were looking at the S90) but my issue was getting to test drive one. I never got to actually drive one however I did get to sit in a customers car and was really let down by the infotainment. it was extremely clunky and laggy to work and move through. Maybe its changed a bit but I do recall doing the research and that was the number one complaint was the Google system. Personally since I went with an A6 anyway that was a far better car in terms of technology but its a different size of car. I could never go back to a sedan but again thats just me.(my last 5 daily driven cars have all been wagons.)
Old 01-16-2024, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Tomaszp72,
I found out the 'kick to open' feature wasn't included in my 2023 a6 shortly after delivery. However, I wasn't all that disappointed. Our 2022
Ford Edge has this, and it's a pain in the backside! (or should I say 'head'). As we unloaded groceries from the back, it often came
crashing down on me. I found a way to disconnect it without affecting anything else, and I'm glad I did.

I don't know about the Audi, but you might look for a connector somewhere underneath the front bumper. Disconnect it, and make sure everything
else works.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Conflict Diamond
These cars suck. They are huge rolling tech problems.

Thanks for reading, I know I'm venting and I thank y'all for tolerating it. I saved my money, ordered a '23 A6 Allroad Prestige with all the options, and paid cash when it arrived. Since then it's been a huge pain with so many technology problems, including Audi's secret deletion of the (admittedly ill-functioning) kick to open tailgate feature. I was so excited, I researched a lot and was sure it'd be a decent vehicle. But I never knew how awful Audi can be when the technology doesn't work. Who cares I guess, they took my money and I'm the sucker apparently. Audi sucks. I'm taking it to dealer 2 again and if they can't fix it, it's for sale. I don't care about the loss at this point; it was supposed to make my life a bit more comfortable and plush but it's done the opposite. I'd like to get $77,000 out of it so it goes away ASAP, and paid $86,469 I believe it was.

All roads lead to MIATA! I am so glad I have my little Miata to fall back on. Audi makes over-engineered garbage that's too complicated and redundant for what one gets out of it.

My recommendation: Don't buy Audi, period. I'm pretty sure all of their stuff must be like this, it's all cut from the same cloth so to speak.

It took me 882 miles to realize: Audi -- NEVER AGAIN! Save yourself and your wallet. Stay away from Audi garbage tech and over-engineering!

Thank you.
Is it really a good idea to vent like this about a brand new car that you're wanting to sell. I think I'd wait till it's gone!
Just trade it in!

That said... before I bought mine, I researched heavily, including on message boards like this one. There seemingly were more serious complaints about Mercedes' and BMW's on message boards
than there is on the newer Audi's. All brands have their issues. It's sad that we have to spend the kind of money we spend on these cars and
have these problems. It IS frustrating. But... these are awesome cars when the issues are fixed. I love my A6, few minor problems notwithstanding. And, keep in mind, that people
don't generally come on message boards to praise.

Last edited by DopeyD; 01-16-2024 at 07:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jasafour (01-17-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I can tell you that after trading my 2022 A6 Allroad - which is well documented in this forum - and with only 2900 miles ( I had 0 issues just needed a bigger size so got a second Q7) - you will not get anywhere near 77. You are looking high 60's at best. Prestiges (all Audi models) cost more but have a lower residual. So be prepared. While the A6 Allroad is rarish - they do not hold value so early after a purchase.

I've had so many models and so many brands - and all of my Audis have actually been some of the most reliable. On my 3rd Q7 since 2018 and again...the issues were almost none. Granted...we did have a glitch on the first Q7 where the bluetooth/carplay kept dropping, and then I had one OTA update that got stuck...but in my new 23 its smooth sailing
Old 01-16-2024, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Why the change from BMW to Audi?

Parkstr8:
I noticed you were a BMW driver. What made you change from BMW to Audi?

Last edited by DopeyD; 01-16-2024 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-16-2024, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DopeyD
Parkstr8:
I used to own a BMW too, but then realized I had a BMW which had a design/parts issue in which the timing chain housing apparently tended to shatter at somewhere between 90K and 120K miles, which was a $5,000 plus fix, there was a class action lawsuit, and BMW didn't resolve the issue, so I dumped the BMW at 90K miles, decided not to go back. Also, I don't like driving SUVs but need the space of one for my dogs, and they stopped selling Wagons.

BTW, looking at your avatar, thought I'd share that I grew up in the same house in St. Paul, MN as Charles M. Schulz. I even used to sit in his old chair at the same elementary school we both attended (which was across the street, and where the actual wall is that Charlie and Linus talk).

Last edited by michaeljk1963; 01-16-2024 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I have had 72 cars...so pretty much every brand there is, and a ton of models. 100% not proud of saying that.

So I got my 18 X5 because I was moving states and have 3 Dobies and a Standard Poodle. I had a sedan at the time and 18 Q7 - just needed more room. It was fun, fantastic to drive, end of model run so really well built, and I could do my upgrade Stephen magic on it. I typically never buy 1st model year of any model of any brand, or the last model year of any model - and was not about to start with a new model 1st year X5. So i did the 18 at the end of 18 as the 19's were arriving.

I got upgrade envy after a little over a year - and moved to a 2020 X5 - pretty much fully optioned, and then I worked my magic on it. Again - kinks worked out, super well built, handled like a dream, fast and efficient (had it tuned) and it was just a really good car. But I moved from LA to Seattle area during that time and the roads here are really crap. Like REALLY REALLY BAD. And sooo noisy in some areas. Even with Michelin AS - the 22's were just too noisy and i could never get them fully balanced. The weather here makes it impossible (even tho i had the car fully PPFd) to keep clean, and enjoy the car like it should be enjoyed, etc.

Again - i got kinda bored and wanted full off-road ready vehicle for the mountains here...but could not find nor trust a Defender 110X...so I did lease a 22 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve...that only lasted 6 months. Jeep was a great car...every option there is...but from month 2 and 800 miles, it started having weird glitches. And since i'm this and other forums...i started to see a trend. Then an Audi dealer i had been communicating with called me about a 22 A6 Allroad...impulse buy and... well, I have a build thread on that.

Ended up - I just wanted something a little bigger than the X5 for my fur kids, one that was a little more posh and quiet in the ride department, and one that i knew i would have little to no issues with for the term of the lease - being that we had a 2018 and currently also have a 2021. I'm a 2Q7 household.

That's my short answer on SUVs.

When I had the S5 and S6 - I split my time between LA and Dallas...so the S6 was in LA and the S5 was my ride in Dallas. I have had multiple 5-series in the past going back to the 90s. And the first car I bought myself was a 1981 Audi Coupe GT.

Originally Posted by DopeyD
Parkstr8:

Last edited by parkstr8; 01-17-2024 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well.... I asked!
The following 2 users liked this post by DopeyD:
mikeru (01-17-2024), parkstr8 (01-16-2024)

Quick Reply: Just Venting Now - Nothing But Problems