A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

List of Known 20th Anniversary Edition A6 Allroads

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2020 20th Anniversary Edition which had the BSG failure last December at around 24K miles. I was planning to visit family for Christmas 170 miles away with mainly highway driving, but it crapped out on me a week beforehand, so I ended up renting a car and using Audi Roadside Assistance to get me to the dealer at the end of December when I got back home. The dealer did a good job and got the part quickly, so I had my car back in about a week. This all ended reasonably well, but I am still annoyed at Audi who, if you believe the stories, knew of the problem for some time and could identify which cars needed the fix. However when this first started happening (to many Audi models with 48v system) it was taking forever to get replacement parts and it is hard not to believe that Audi was concealing the problem. I love this car, but I will tell you that if the BSG system had failed in holiday traffic on I95, there would be no more Audis for me - ever.

It seems this problem comes up at around the 3 year mark, but this is purely anecdotal based on things I have read on the internet.
Old 06-03-2024, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by clickster
We've ordered our next car which should arrive in March. If anyone is interested in this one, let me know. I haven't arrived at a price yet since we still have a two month wait.

Hey Clickster,

Pretty sure I just bought your car, bought it from BMW of Austin this weekend!

Small world.

The following users liked this post:
yosie16 (06-04-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad someone got it. If it sat there too much longer I was contemplating asking for an "extended test drive" over a weekend and see if the front bumper has less rock chips than mine lol. I'm over in Pflugerville if you need to borrow a vag-com or have any mod questions - just let me know.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by xaqcraw4d
Glad someone got it. If it sat there too much longer I was contemplating asking for an "extended test drive" over a weekend and see if the front bumper has less rock chips than mine lol. I'm over in Pflugerville if you need to borrow a vag-com or have any mod questions - just let me know.
I am in Wells Branch, right around the corner.

Might take you up on that, sold my Vagcom with my MK7 GTI a while ago.

I have RS6 GT Sways on order and a FitcamX dash cam inbound.

You have a CETE module on yours?
Old 06-05-2024, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX_Native
I am in Wells Branch, right around the corner.

Might take you up on that, sold my Vagcom with my MK7 GTI a while ago.

I have RS6 GT Sways on order and a FitcamX dash cam inbound.

You have a CETE module on yours?
Yeah just did the CETE module a couple of weekends ago actually. Went with the 034 sways, but either way they're very necessary. I've also done the memory module, RS6 alcantara wheel & shift cover, added auto-hold and self parking buttons, intake, recirc valve, etc, etc. I just can't leave cars alone apparently haha
The following 2 users liked this post by xaqcraw4d:
Alex@Europrice.us (06-05-2024), ATX_Native (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by xaqcraw4d
Yeah just did the CETE module a couple of weekends ago actually. Went with the 034 sways, but either way they're very necessary. I've also done the memory module, RS6 alcantara wheel & shift cover, added auto-hold and self parking buttons, intake, recirc valve, etc, etc. I just can't leave cars alone apparently haha
Nice, I’ll send you a DM.

Would love to see some of your mods sometime soon.