A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Maps update problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maps update problem

Hi gents. I just bought an A6 allroad (2021) and I'm trying to update maps. I downloaded the maps from the myaudi portal, uploaded a 32GB USB 2.0 key formatted to FAT32, but the update does not work for me. The car keeps saying that the update is being downloaded from the Internet, even though I disabled the download of online maps. Restarting the MMI did not help. Would it help if I reset MMI to factory settings? I did not receive a vehicle code for the car, they had to help me with the pairing to the application at the Audi dealer. If I restore the factory settings, will I have to go to Audi again to pair the car with my profile?
Old 06-29-2024, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

When you have downloaded the files from MyAudi you should have 2 directories and a file. These need to be at the top level (ie not in a directory) in your SD Card or USB stick. When you insert the device into he car you should get a message saying something to the effect of "update medium detected". Never got the "Downloading from the Internet". Maybe worth turning off and in car wifi etc to stop it trying to do the download. If you reset the car to factory settings it is fine as long as you have both keys and the tag that comes with the keys with the code on it you can then do the whole setup process as normal
Old 07-11-2024, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
When you have downloaded the files from MyAudi you should have 2 directories and a file. These need to be at the top level (ie not in a directory) in your SD Card or USB stick. When you insert the device into he car you should get a message saying something to the effect of "update medium detected". Never got the "Downloading from the Internet". Maybe worth turning off and in car wifi etc to stop it trying to do the download. If you reset the car to factory settings it is fine as long as you have both keys and the tag that comes with the keys with the code on it you can then do the whole setup process as normal
Hi: Will this work out from the USB-C ports inside the driver's arm rest compartment ( center console ) ( A6 C8 2021) ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-2024, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by peebles
Hi: Will this work out from the USB-C ports inside the driver's arm rest compartment ( center console ) ( A6 C8 2021) ?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Did it several times on my car. In the end I bought a 64gb USB drive rather than using an SD-Card with reader as I found it more reliable and faster (the SD-Card reader I had was USB-A so slower and I needed to use and adaptor)
The following users liked this post:
peebles (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 12:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks, John, will try this weekend. Seems to be new nav maps version downloadable from MyAudi.
Old 07-14-2024, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

No luck. Same problem here as @jurkodj (car keeps saying that the update is being downloaded from the Internet, even though I also disabled the download of online maps). Restarting the MMI did not help. Reset MMI to factory settings didn't help.

After restarting or resetting MMI, and within some seconds after accesing "Update Software" menu option, MMI tries again to download update from the Internet and you can't choose update from USB although a message says something like "insert your USB stick. Will try updating from Internet or USB". If I try to select from USB, a messages pops up "there's another update in progress".

Maybe there's some way to disable e-sim so the car tries to access USB stick ?

( Anyway, trying to download 25GB via cell phone connection is not the smartest move, I guess)
Old 07-15-2024, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just read in the online edition of the Manual, a third way to try:

From MyAudi phone app, download the file and try to install from the phone itself - "Connect your smartphone to the vehicle's Wifi hotspot. The MMI will detect the map material and map update will start automatically."

-- > Installed MyAudi and no Map Update found, so no "third way", pity.

Last edited by peebles; 07-15-2024 at 01:54 AM.