A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

MMI Audio Clicks and Pops

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

You are not alone. My S7 has the same ticking/popping from the speakers regardless of the music source. I started a thread on the issue awhile ago too when I got the car late last year. Dealer did a hard reset on the module without success. I believe the next step would be to replace the MMI module.

If it's the interior noises, then my S7 also has tons. Getting really sick and tired of all the noises. I tried to fix some of them and some of the noises are still there. Brought my car in for the C pillar popping noise this week and the dealer managed to put a dent on my rear quarter panel.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine does this. There are two threads about this. It’s bang and olufson entry level in every 2020 up really.

They have replaced amp. No dice. Going back in January for next steps. Maybe software update first quarter of next year.

the plastic creaking and popping is wildly unacceptable. I literally bought the tech service manual and took pieces of the dash apart myself to get it to quiet down. Made a huge difference. But still not acceptable for a car of this caliber. Next is dealing with random crinkle sound in the doors. And the loose wobble sound in the front suspension.

I’ve about had it. I think I’ve met criteria for lemon law here in my state. Very tempted to do it.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Which model and year is your car?

Originally Posted by cameraguy64
Mine does this. There are two threads about this. It’s bang and olufson entry level in every 2020 up really.

They have replaced amp. No dice. Going back in January for next steps. Maybe software update first quarter of next year.

the plastic creaking and popping is wildly unacceptable. I literally bought the tech service manual and took pieces of the dash apart myself to get it to quiet down. Made a huge difference. But still not acceptable for a car of this caliber. Next is dealing with random crinkle sound in the doors. And the loose wobble sound in the front suspension.

I’ve about had it. I think I’ve met criteria for lemon law here in my state. Very tempted to do it.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
Which model and year is your car?
2021 a6 allroad prestige
Old 12-15-2021, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you diagnosed what the crinkle sound in the doors is? And the loose wobble in the front? Is it only in dynamic or all suspension setting? I have all three issues as well.

Originally Posted by cameraguy64

Old 12-15-2021, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Negatory on crinkle. I'm going to take door panels off myself and see if I can't locate it. I don't think it's the trim or the grey thing around the handle.

Suspension noise is all the time I believe. I have reason to believe it's the control arm based on this thread

Originally Posted by Dbarclaypdx
have you diagnosed what the crinkle sound in the doors is? And the loose wobble in the front? Is it only in dynamic or all suspension setting? I have all three issues as well.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had some noises in the driver's side door right next to where my elbow rests, that was taken care of by the dealer last year. They removed the panel and put some insulation god knows where.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the car back from Audi today, the Crinkle Sound in both rear doors so far has not happened. Will keep an ear out for it over the next few days.

Notes from tech: "Removed door panel and sun visor assembly from door panel. Added two part epoxy to all door panel layers and around inner door pull to help stiffen assembly and eliminate flex. Reinstalled all removed parts with addition of felt tape to all contact points."

Regarding my front suspension wobble/clunk complaint:

Notes from tech: "Found slight clunk from L/F floor board with driving. Checked for related technical bulletin and found TSB 2061672/2. Adjustment to frame rail needed. Performed frame rail adjustment as per tsb"

Definitely quieter while going slow over bumps, though the wobble noise while going slow over bumps is still there. Both hood latches were loose, and a loose hood has a wobble noise..so I tightened them. Will drive the car in the morning and pray that was it.
Old 05-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!

Just wanted to chime in here. There are a few more threads here with TONS of people having this problem (including myself on my 2021 S5). Other Thread Here with Same Issue

This issue seems to be extremely widespread and impacting not just B&O sound systems, making me think it's an MMI software issue. As you all know, this is an extremely extremely annoying thing to have to deal with every day, so if anyone has any guidance it would be greatly appreciated. Any good news is welcome!

I've had my vehicle at the dealer several times for weeks on end and they've exhausted everything they could think of that would be causing it. At this point, any further work would be coming out of my pocket since they've essentially done everything they could. I'm totally on board to contact Audi NA directly to bring this to their attention. Is there a support email that can be used? I know calling is an option but I doubt that would lead to anything fruitful.

I love this car but this issue really is killing me!
Old 05-04-2022, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I agree it could be a MMI issue. I first pointed out the problem back in the late 2020 when I first got my 2021 S7 but not many people experienced it back then. Now many Q5 owners and others are fully aware of the problem. I am not optimistic about Audi coming out with a repair on the issue though.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-...ystem-3008795/

Originally Posted by ryan71098
Hi!

Just wanted to chime in here. There are a few more threads here with TONS of people having this problem (including myself on my 2021 S5). Other Thread Here with Same Issue

This issue seems to be extremely widespread and impacting not just B&O sound systems, making me think it's an MMI software issue. As you all know, this is an extremely extremely annoying thing to have to deal with every day, so if anyone has any guidance it would be greatly appreciated. Any good news is welcome!

I've had my vehicle at the dealer several times for weeks on end and they've exhausted everything they could think of that would be causing it. At this point, any further work would be coming out of my pocket since they've essentially done everything they could. I'm totally on board to contact Audi NA directly to bring this to their attention. Is there a support email that can be used? I know calling is an option but I doubt that would lead to anything fruitful.

I love this car but this issue really is killing me!

Last edited by aquarian; 05-04-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Quick Reply: MMI Audio Clicks and Pops