Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 A6 Mud Guard question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 A6 Mud Guard question

Hello

Anyone know if I can add mud guards on a 2012 A6 Prestige with 18 inch sports package. I didn't add intially because i thought the car was a bit low.

Also on the MMI system is it possible to add a wifi SD card and be able to transfer music wirelessly from computer to car?

thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2012, 10:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconX
Hello

Anyone know if I can add mud guards on a 2012 A6 Prestige with 18 inch sports package. I didn't add intially because i thought the car was a bit low.

Also on the MMI system is it possible to add a wifi SD card and be able to transfer music wirelessly from computer to car?

thanks in advance
If I remember correctly some people were getting Audi mud guards that you can add to the A6 and their local service center going to install and then realizing they wont fit on the side kits that the Prestige model has. Not sure if Audi has fixed this, or if it was who ever ordered the guards got the wrong ones. Either way if you buy them, make sure they are correct.

Good question about the wifi SDs. I have never used one, but I believe they are used mostly for cameras (correct me if I'm wrong) and I think they mostly transmit data? (like to a PC after pics are taken.) So not sure if you can send data to it unless it's connected physically to the device. Would be a cool idea. In theory if you can save things to the card wireless, the Audi should pick that new data up on the card at next startup.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello

thanks in advance
I remember reading in a previous post that the Mud Guards that Audi offers for the A6 are not compatible with the Prestige Package's S-Line bumpers. I will see if I can find that post.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That was me. I tried to have the dealer install just after delivery. 2 attempts each time with different part #'s and I was told the Prestige S-line trim was not compatibile with the splash guards - not sure why. I haven't pursued it since.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Mud guards?
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by directorguy7
Good question about the wifi SDs. I have never used one, but I believe they are used mostly for cameras (correct me if I'm wrong) and I think they mostly transmit data? (like to a PC after pics are taken.) So not sure if you can send data to it unless it's connected physically to the device. Would be a cool idea. In theory if you can save things to the card wireless, the Audi should pick that new data up on the card at next startup.
If this the wifi as card is able to receive files as a "push" from the computer that would make
a great add on to have.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SSA6
That was me. I tried to have the dealer install just after delivery. 2 attempts each time with different part #'s and I was told the Prestige S-line trim was not compatibile with the splash guards - not sure why. I haven't pursued it since.
I too went this route with the dealer (they use so much sand on the roads in the winter up here). 2 different part numbers, neither of which fit the S-line trim.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Notorious Tech
I too went this route with the dealer (they use so much sand on the roads in the winter up here). 2 different part numbers, neither of which fit the S-line trim.
I wonder if there is a work around or maybe an aftermarket that would fit. When i look at my car it just seems odd without it. can you tell me what aspect of the mudguard didn't fit? can it be modified? Was it too low?

Anyone out there that has researched and can bring more insight on the matter?

Any euro models have it that can be fitted for usa models?

thanks
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I wonder if there is a work around or maybe an aftermarket that would fit. When i look at my car it just seems odd without it. can you tell me what aspect of the mudguard didn't fit? can it be modified? Was it too low?
There's plenty of universal mud flaps that can be trimmed to fit. The other option is to have some of that paint shield media installed behind the wheels.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone out there that has researched and can bring more insight on the matter?

Any euro models have it that can be fitted for usa models?

thanks
They're molded to fit the area below the door (for the front ones) and the forward most part of the rear bumper. That area is shaped differently in the s-line, so they just won't fit. Any modification would have rendered them useless because it would entail removing the section of the molded area that is necessary or attach it to the car. ONLY way, IMO, to get them to fit would be to modify the trim below the doors and the rear bumper (not a chance on a $63k car). I was offerd some universal black rubber flaps, like the ones used in WRC, but they were pretty tacky.

Like tenspeed said, the paint shield media installed behind the wheels is an option, but it would mean removing the small sections placed there by the factory.

I would hope that Audi would see some interest in them for our s-line models, and make ones that'll fit.

Quick Reply: 2012 A6 Mud Guard question