Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 A6 - Possible Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
Not knowing where you live you should check the lemon laws in your state first before you try to make it an issue with your dealer. I wouldn't think you would want to make the situation confrontational and not have the lemon law apply for some reason.

Also, keep in mind you may have had people disagree on your situation - whether lemon law applies or not - the people disagreeing are not representing themselves as lawyers, know your full situation or where you live. Take what you read on about this for what it is worth...

The post above with links probably would be helpful assuming you live in CA. If in another state I would expect you could find similar info.

One question - didn't they give you a loaner you could have used for the weekend while they had your car?

Good luck with your situation and I hope it works out for the best.
Sorry about the location, I thought I included it in the initial post. I live in Colorado. Looks like here it applies after the fourth attempt to repair. I'll just wait and see what they say on Thursday.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Here's my take after living in CO for 28 years and rereading the Colorado Lemon law statutes.

As you already know, among other requirements, the CO lemon law requires that there be 4 or more unsuccessful attempts at repair or 30 cumulative days out of service before a consumer would qualify.

As this is the 4th attempt, if the dealer and Audi can resolve the issue, including replacing the transmission, software update or other repair, as you know, you would not be qualified under CO statute for a replacement or refund. If, after this next attempt, they cannot resolve the issue then, following the process stated in the statute, you would have standing to proceed per the notification rules to invoke the lemon law.

Bottom line, even though you may not like it, a new transmission would close the door to the lemon law if it solved the problem as in any other repair.

As to the dents you mentioned, they would not be a factor in the lemon law as they don't impair the use of the vehicle. The issue would depend on what was agreed to with the dealer upon purchase and absent any written exclusion to a satisfactory repair, it would be actionable by you if they failed to honor a suitable repair of the dents. In other words, you could place pressure on them with Audi to make it right or take them to court.

I wish you the best and hope you can resolve your issues and finally enjoy the car. It really is a great vehicle.

Just curious, who is your dealer?

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true
Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Im also interested in who the dealer is - I live in CO as well. I live in Longmont, but purchased the car in Denver (long story). The dealer I bought from seems to have a great service reputation, and Im planning on taking the car to them for service (5K coming up in a couple of months at this rate).

Hope you come to a rapid and satisfactory resolution - its really unfortunate to not be enjoying the car to its fullest...
Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Im also interested in who the dealer is - I live in CO as well. I live in Longmont, but purchased the car in Denver (long story). The dealer I bought from seems to have a great service reputation, and Im planning on taking the car to them for service (5K coming up in a couple of months at this rate).

Hope you come to a rapid and satisfactory resolution - its really unfortunate to not be enjoying the car to its fullest...
The dealer was Stammler Audi of Boulder
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Protium19
Sorry about the location, I thought I included it in the initial post. I live in Colorado. Looks like here it applies after the fourth attempt to repair. I'll just wait and see what they say on Thursday.
Sorry missed that in your first post - read it too quickly...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Not familiar with them. When I lived in CO, I purchased two Audis from McDonald Automotive Group in Littleton. They were very good at taking care of my cars.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

A couple of more tips based on my experience, again, of having successfully had Audi replace my C6 with a C7.

The Better Business Bureau through their BBB Auto Line program offers dispute resolution through most states including Colorado with certain manufacturers including Audi. I would contact the BBB immediately. They were helpful in getting my claim resolved.

As I mentioned before, I found Audi USA very responsive and you should contact them directly if you haven't done so. Remember, it's ultimately Audi USA and not your dealer who makes the call on a buy-back or replacement.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

PM sent
Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update on this:

Dealer is ordering and shipping a brand new controller from Audi that will be ready to re-program and install tomorrow. AOA stated that this will hopefully solve the issue.

Hopefully this is the end of this and I can close this out. I guess I will find out tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Update on this:

Dealer is ordering and shipping a brand new controller from Audi that will be ready to re-program and install tomorrow. AOA stated that this will hopefully solve the issue.

Hopefully this is the end of this and I can close this out. I guess I will find out tomorrow.
Even if it does solve the problem, call AOA and ask for compensation. Escalate if necessary. It happens. Trust me. Been there, done that.

Quick Reply: 2012 A6 - Possible Lemon Law?