Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 A6 Problems / Requesting Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 AM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Audi doesnt stock too many parts, every major parts that comes off the production line is allocated for a production vehicle due to the high demand or in this case, allocated as a replacement part.
Agree G Man that having too much inventory around is not good business and also maybe reflective of higher demand. I'm told by ACS and dealership that I'm at the "Top of the Red List for Critical Parts." Dunno what the Red List is, but it does carry some gravitas, and suggests that a replacement part for me has to be plucked out first from any new parts made, then coded specific to my car and sent to dealership asap, ahead of any other production. So to even come remotely by end of September doesn't sound logically correct - which the timing guidance given to me. In total, I will need to wait 3-4 weeks for a part that may or may not work.

Thanks all - the forum helps a lot with staying patient. Hope none of you have to go through this.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Its actually pretty common to have a long wait for parts for a first year redesign model.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi

I'm a new member to the forum. I'm definitely interested in hearing how Audi resolves this issue - as a current non-Audi owner whose lease is up shortly, I am very interested in the new A6. If Audi doesnt treat their loyal customers well I may consider going back to my current brand for next lease.

Please keep updating this thread and thanks in advance!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by WeekendHacker
Hi

I'm a new member to the forum. I'm definitely interested in hearing how Audi resolves this issue - as a current non-Audi owner whose lease is up shortly, I am very interested in the new A6. If Audi doesnt treat their loyal customers well I may consider going back to my current brand for next lease.

WeekendHacker: thanks for the reply. I will definitely keep the board posted on what happens. Seems I have a couple of weeks to kill before we know the fate of my car though...
Old 09-15-2011, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WeekendHacker
Hi

I have gone through something like this with one of my Audi, I can definitely say that Audi of America was very professional and treat me fairly. Coming from a former Lexus customer, that is saying a lot.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

I can echo good experiences with Audi in situations like this. For example, after I got my 2009 A4, it was discovered that misdesigned bushings on the upper control arms caused high speed vibrations. Audi ultimately recognized this issue and I had to wait a few weeks for the new parts from Germany. Without my asking, someone at AOA unexpectedly offered me compensation for the delay which I thought was very generous.

Another instance was when I discovered I had a pressure leak in my 8 year old 2002 allroad gas tank filler tube. At first the dealer said a new tank (a repair was not advisable) would cost $3500 but after a call to AOA, Audi paid for the replacement tank and labor despite being out of warranty.

Of course, despite an inclination to be otherwise, my being pleasant, understanding and patient during these situations didn't hurt.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
I have gone through something like this with one of my Audi, I can definitely say that Audi of America was very professional and treat me fairly. Coming from a former Lexus customer, that is saying a lot.
Thanks G man. BTW, just an observation. Whereas your previous replies are well articulated with perfect English, your last reply feels like I'm talking to a totally different author; small things like grammar is a bit off. Is "G man" a group of authors? Do you happen to live in Ingolstadt?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:45 PM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I can echo good experiences with Audi in situations like this. For example, after I got my 2009 A4, it was discovered that misdesigned bushings on the upper control arms caused high speed vibrations. Audi ultimately recognized this issue and I had to wait a few weeks for the new parts from Germany. Without my asking, someone at AOA unexpectedly offered me compensation for the delay which I thought was very generous.

Another instance was when I discovered I had a pressure leak in my 8 year old 2002 allroad gas tank filler tube. At first the dealer said a new tank (a repair was not advisable) would cost $3500 but after a call to AOA, Audi paid for the replacement tank and labor despite being out of warranty.

Of course, despite an inclination to be otherwise, my being pleasant, understanding and patient during these situations didn't hurt.
Similar to my last email to G man, snagitseven, I think your English is very odd. The grammar is off and your use phrases that an American wouldn't typically use.

Do you also live in Ingolstadt?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RJL
Similar to my last email to G man, snagitseven, I think your English is very odd. The grammar is off and your use phrases that an American wouldn't typically use.

Do you also live in Ingolstadt?
Odd? Hmm.. While I will never claim to be perfect, I'm reasonably confident my English grammar and syntax is generally correct. If you check my past posts, I believe you'll conclude I'm a red blooded, born and bred American Audi owner (who, like you, also lives in MA) and not a factory shill as you seem to imply with your post. I'm a long time contributor to Audiworld (with substantially more than 15 comments).

The Audiworld forums are a place to exchange information and ask questions about our cars. Let's attempt to keep comments here to those that seek help and those that wish to contribute their experiences. Ok?

Last edited by snagitseven; 09-16-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 AM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Odd? Hmm.. While I will never claim to be perfect, I'm reasonably confident my English grammar and syntax is generally correct. If you check my past posts, I believe you'll conclude I'm a red blooded, born and bred American Audi owner (who, like you, also lives in MA) and not a factory shill as you seem to imply with your post. I'm a long time contributor to Audiworld (with substantially more than 15 comments).

The Audiworld forums are a place to exchange information and ask questions about our cars. Let's attempt to keep comments here to those that seek help and those that wish to contribute their experiences. Ok?
Snagitseven, pls accept my apologies. I think the frustration is getting the better of me.

Quick Reply: 2012 A6 Problems / Requesting Advice