Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 A6 Problems / Requesting Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd ask for an extended warranty, especially for the transmission/drivetrain.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

[An extended warranty with no deductible).

You can ask for a set of winter wheels and tires on top of the current offer

What happened with your wipers?[/QUOTE]

Thanks A6. I may need to think of alternative to the extended warranty as I'm under a 3 year lease, so I should be covered by existing warranty.

But I do think additional coverage of wheels, etc over above the warranty, which costs the dealership nothing is a good idea. Freebie to them and to me.

Wipers...ah. I've enjoyed especially with new wiper blades on a new car, smooth, quiet function when engaged. During the 3rd day of use (after picking it up off the lot), in a light rain, the wiper would sweep up quietly, hesitate a second at the apex, and then slap hard into the A frame (LOUDLY). Jarring to say the least. I asked dealership to look into but they can't of course replicate the problem.

I just got a call from ACS; they called and "generously" offered THE OPTION of either 1 month lease payment OR Audicare, versus what dealership offered, which was both.

I will give it some thought, but thank you for the advice.

RJL
Old 09-27-2011, 02:23 PM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BConly
I'd ask for an extended warranty, especially for the transmission/drivetrain.
Thanks BConly,

Very good idea, but I'm under a lease, so the current warranty should suffice. Just wrote to Autobahn A6, who advised similarly. I think the advice can be extended however for additional coverage on things like the wheels themselves, which I don't think are covered by Audicare.

Take a look at ACS's response versus dealership (see response to A6). I didn't even bother to tell ACS that what they offered was not even on par with the dealership.

RJL
Old 09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Take the lease payment and audicare from the dealer, and then try to get another lease payment from ACS

Another idea is all-weather floor mats if you don't already have them.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So from what you are stating, ACS is offering either 1 month lease relief or free Audicare...given that your story is:
1.) You've had the car in your possession for ~5 days in the last month or so of ownership.
2.) The vehicle experienced 3 separate issues
3.) One of these issues was serious enough that the vehicle was not fit for use
4.) The part required to fix this serious issue was not available and from a logistics standpoint, they could not even estimate when the part would be available
5.) The repair was complex enough that ACS sent a mechanic from Germany
6.) The vehicle can be titled a Lemon if the repair in fact does not address the issue

Wow. Let's forget the fact that with any complex offering, the expectation is that the manufacturer should be able to support their product from the day it goes on sale - the real issue is how well does Audi support & service their owner base? Other contributors to this board have stated that Audi, not the dealer, took care of them when they ran into serious issues.

In this case, I dont see it. 1 month lease relief is simply recognition that you didnt have a car to use for the month - Audi should at least extend that offer to a 2nd month to make amends for their lack of execution and demonstrate to the forum members that they care about their customers.

BTW - Kudos to your dealer on this one....it sounds like they did the best they could.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

RJL, I am glad everything worked out good for you. Going thru a buyback is not a fun experience.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:19 PM
RJL
Audiworld Junior Member

Default POSTLUDE

Folks, for those who followed this painful story, here is a postlude. Not great to be honest.

I finally agreed to take a settlement from Audi. That was in September after 4 weeks of a 3 day old car off the road. It is now November and I have not received the check from Audi...trying to be patient, but this is ridiculous.

I hope none of you have to go through this.

RJL
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJL
Folks, for those who followed this painful story, here is a postlude. Not great to be honest.

I finally agreed to take a settlement from Audi. That was in September after 4 weeks of a 3 day old car off the road. It is now November and I have not received the check from Audi...trying to be patient, but this is ridiculous.

I hope none of you have to go through this.

RJL
RJL, did you keep the car and take a check for depreciation/time off the road or did you sell the car back to Audi ?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJL
I have a 5 year old girl and a wife whom I want to ensure are safe in the car, and must admit that for a car that was only 4 days old, to have this magnitude of a problem is pretty disappointing and concerning.
Mechatronics failure is a very common issue with Audi cars. Every time they release a new model, there seem to be problems with the mechatronic units on automatic transmissions. It's annoying but I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

By the way, what is wrong with your mechatronics unit? Usually, they are replaced to solve the 'hard shift' issue.