Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 Audi A6 - Havanna Black/Nougat/Ash

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the color on an A6 at the introduction day at my local dealership. I immediately fell in love with it. It looks black when there is little light, but has fantastic depth and color nuances in the sun.

At first I doubted between the beige and brown interior, but chose the latter because I loved the combination with the black headliner. And after two car with beige interiors wanted something different.

My dealer had a combi of havanna exterior and brown interior come from the Dutch Audi headquarters so I could see the combi IRL. And my decision was swiftly made... I did however chose a slightly different tone of brown which will be installed after the factory delivery. This brown tint is slightly less red and fits the havanna even better I think.

This is it:
http://www.deletex.com/nl/popup.aspx...3949688750.jpg

And here you see a pic of it on an A5 Coupe:

The A6 does not come with standard leather interior here in The Netherlands. The optional factory leather costs about $4000... After market will take you down a little more than half that and is also financially more interesting because of the income tax you pay for company cars (which is based on the catalogue price including factory options).

Anyway, I cannot wait to have it delivered. The car is already here and currently at the leather upholsterer. It will be hamded over in the first week of 2012.

Best regards from The Netherlands
Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, wrong link for the second picture. Here's the right one:
http://www.rgsautobekleding.nl/fotoa...a_035_met_ruit
Old 12-06-2011, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LIY
I quite agree! Unfortunately, there is such a small inventory of these vehicles that it is very hard to see these colors in person. I was lucky enough to see the Havanna black on an A8, with a different interior. I liked it; and took a chance on the color combo!
I wasn't even considering the color (I wanted the dark blue or quartz) but then I saw the color in person at a dealership and wouldn't take anything else. I bought the car right off the lot (after working w/ them on price for a week or so).

Nirvana - that brown is gonna look awesome! Some time I'll get around to posting some pics of my combo (havana/beige/walnut), but I'm too busy for the time being.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

@BConly: Thanks, I think it will look great too. I'll post some pics as soon as I have my new drive. And I look forward to your photos.

@All: I've put all the photos I gathered to soothe the long waiting for my own ride in a Photobucket. Feel free to have a peek (beware, European specs):
http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/...L71/Audi%20A6/

Cheers,
Nirvana
Old 12-06-2011, 04:25 PM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The level of customization permitted by Audi in Europe and the U.K. is amazing! As you have probably read on this forum, here in the U.S.A. we are deprived of even standard equipment found on a Euro spec vehicle(e.g., my Audi A6 Prestige has the cut-outs for headlight washers, but no washers). In the U.K., your Audi dealer will attempt to match any paint sample you bring in; here in the States, we are lucky to get the stock colors.

Great color selection for your upholstery with the Havanna Black; how does that actually work, does your vehicle arrive with no upholstery? Details please! I'd like to know what we're missing here!

Best of luck in your new ride!!

LIY

Originally Posted by NirvanaNL
I saw the color on an A6 at the introduction day at my local dealership. I immediately fell in love with it. It looks black when there is little light, but has fantastic depth and color nuances in the sun.

At first I doubted between the beige and brown interior, but chose the latter because I loved the combination with the black headliner. And after two car with beige interiors wanted something different.

My dealer had a combi of havanna exterior and brown interior come from the Dutch Audi headquarters so I could see the combi IRL. And my decision was swiftly made... I did however chose a slightly different tone of brown which will be installed after the factory delivery. This brown tint is slightly less red and fits the havanna even better I think.

This is it:

And here you see a pic of it on an A5 Coupe:

The A6 does not come with standard leather interior here in The Netherlands. The optional factory leather costs about $4000... After market will take you down a little more than half that and is also financially more interesting because of the income tax you pay for company cars (which is based on the catalogue price including factory options).

Anyway, I cannot wait to have it delivered. The car is already here and currently at the leather upholsterer. It will be hamded over in the first week of 2012.

Best regards from The Netherlands
Old 12-06-2011, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Cool pics - never seen what the smaller nav looks like, never seen that stock exhaust configuration, never seen the cloth seats, and never seen the brushed aluminum w/ the brown interior (I like it!)
Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the photobucket pics...I love the black headliner. My car was supposed to be here on Mon, but the boat was delayed. booooooo!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy your new car in good health!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ordered the same color/leather/wood combo on November 18 for end of January delivery. Great minds think alike.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

@LIY
I didn't fully understand about the possibilities, but reckoned from the posts that there were some limitations in the level of customization in the US. Here in Western Europe, Audi has a wide range of options available (38 pages full in fact).

But don't be all too enthusiastic, there is a downside as well. Audi is also (in)famous for their exorbitant option prices. And the base prices here in The Netherlands are in a completely different price range.

A 3.0 TFSI in a basic trim (far more basic then your standard trims) costs the equivalent of $87,000 here. Even my 2.0 diesel with 177hp and some options costs $80,000

If you would like to have a peek at the possibilities of customization, look here:
http://configurator.audi.co.uk/contr...andant=accx-uk

It is the UK configurator, but that is probably easier for you to read than the Dutch version And this configurator does not even include the Audi Exclusive programme which has the most luxurious options.

As for the after market leather. You order the car with the regular fabric seats. In my case they are sport seats in black with black dash. The factory delivers the car to the central Dutch dealership / importer who sends the car to the desired upholsterer to have the leather installed. The company I chose works with the original Audi designs, patterns and cuts. You can choose from over a hundred colors in different qualities of leather and alcantara. And also in any color combination or combination of leather and alcantara. Great, lot's of possibilities, superior quality and for about half the price Audi asks for her factory leather.

Feel free to ask me anything you would like to know. I studied the brochures, pricelists and configurators so much over the last months that I cold easily start as an A6 salesman. Which I have no ambition to become, since i won't earn enough to afford myself an A6, LOL.

Regards,
Nirvana

Quick Reply: 2012 Audi A6 - Havanna Black/Nougat/Ash