Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 All-season tire options

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 A6 All-season tire options

I am waiting to recieve my 2013 A6.

I got the 20 inch sports package and like to swap the tires with all-seasons.

Trying to decide between Conti DWS vs Michelin Super Sport AS vs Toyo Proxes 4 vs BF Goodrich G-force AS.

I have BF g-force on my 2005.5 Audi A4 and I like them a lot. I think they have low road noise, good grip in all seasons and overall good performace. Anybody tried them on A6?

BTW I am not interested in swapping winter tires and summer tires. I am in Seattle and it snows here about a couple of weeks max in the city.

So what do you guys think of these different tires?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same issue as I ordered 20" sport package. I sold my summer tires and has DWSs put on here in Chicago. I had the on all of my cars and can't be happier in the winter. Of course, nothing beats dedicated winter tires but I got too tired swapping wheels every winter on 3 cars and then putting them back on in the spring. In addition, having good looking 20s all year around is a nice thing to have.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2013 A6 3.0T coming with the 20" sport package. I live in NC, so I can roll summer tires all year round.

I'm just wanting to replace the the stock Pzero's that seem to be coming on all the A6's with the 20" sport package.

Man, are they some noisy *** tires. I've been looking on Tire Rack for some reviews. I'm not expecting anything super quiet as i know it's a 20" tire...but those Pzero 20" are almost unberable for tire noise.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I have a 2013 A6 3.0T coming with the 20" sport package. I live in NC, so I can roll summer tires all year round.

I'm just wanting to replace the the stock Pzero's that seem to be coming on all the A6's with the 20" sport package.

Man, are they some noisy *** tires. I've been looking on Tire Rack for some reviews. I'm not expecting anything super quiet as i know it's a 20" tire...but those Pzero 20" are almost unberable for tire noise.
I am looking at the Bridgestone Potenza S04. I loved the 17" S02s and S03s I used on my 3 Coupe.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

How are the Continentals DW and DWS for SoCal? Want more comfort and tread life.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I too live in the Seattle area and got the A6 3.0T with 20" sport package. I just put the Conti DWS tires on and went over the pass last week in snow/slush conditions. The car felt like it started to hydroplane a bit going up the pass through about an inch of snow/slush (temperature outside was 32 degrees) at about 60 mpg. I slowed down to 45ish and drove cautiously for the rest of the ride up and down the pass, and there weren't any other instances of hydroplaning or feeling any loss of traction. On wet roads they are doing fine. That's my report on the Conti DWS 20" and so far I'm happy with them.

Originally Posted by gurm

Trying to decide between Conti DWS vs Michelin Super Sport AS vs Toyo Proxes 4 vs BF Goodrich G-force AS.

I have BF g-force on my 2005.5 Audi A4 and I like them a lot. I think they have low road noise, good grip in all seasons and overall good performace. Anybody tried them on A6?

BTW I am not interested in swapping winter tires and summer tires. I am in Seattle and it snows here about a couple of weeks max in the city.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bobinwa
I too live in the Seattle area and got the A6 3.0T with 20" sport package. I just put the Conti DWS tires on and went over the pass last week in snow/slush conditions. The car felt like it started to hydroplane a bit going up the pass through about an inch of snow/slush (temperature outside was 32 degrees) at about 60 mpg. I slowed down to 45ish and drove cautiously for the rest of the ride up and down the pass, and there weren't any other instances of hydroplaning or feeling any loss of traction. On wet roads they are doing fine. That's my report on the Conti DWS 20" and so far I'm happy with them.
I think DWS are the favorites here.

I didn't find them too great when I replaced Michelins on my MDX with DWS. They were sporty but too noisy. But again may be they aren't supposed to be used in SUVs.

I think I'll give DWS a try again. I really like g-force on my S4, so that's a contender too. Cost is same for both.

Anybody using Michelins Pilot Super Sports?
Old 12-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gurm

I meant 2005.5 Audi S4.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any new update in all season tire experience?

I am about to pick up my car next week and going to order AS tires for 20 inch wheels.

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Conti DWS and the newer Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS are very popular and widely recommended ultra-high performance all-seasons.

Quick Reply: 2013 A6 All-season tire options