Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 CPO and no 4 yr Sirius traffic

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Slant83
Agreed..but if you were to sell your vehicle and it was not CPO'd, how would Sirius know if you don't subscribe to Sirius music ? Nickels and dimes I know but once it is paid for by original owner (whether private or dealer) for the term of 4 years ... end of story wouldn't you think?
The issue is with Sirius - they don't transfer subscriptions. If an owner who has paid for Sirius radio sells or trades his car, he will likely cancel and get a credit towards a new subscription. (That's exactly what I did when I traded my A4 for the A6; I had a 4 month credit that I used on my new subscription for the A6). Cancelling the radio subscription would alert Sirius to the traffic subscription being cancelled as well (although It's not clear if there's a credit from unused traffic in this situation but I doubt it).

One could argue that Sirius, not Audi, is the one with the customer service issue for not allowing transfers. One could also argue that Audi has some skin in the game here as well. I'm guessing that Audi's hands are tied with regard to Sirius' policies and may have no way contractually to even pay Sirius for the remaining time left on the 4 year subscription for a CPO. The only solution I can see would be for Audi to offer a CPO customer a check or discount off the price of the car for the $3.99 per month times months remaining. Of course, if they were to make this standard policy, it would add up to significant costs over thousands of CPOs over the four years, not to mention the additional execution overhead.

Again, not arguing here. If I were you, I'd be peeved as well. But probably at Sirius, more than Audi, for their transfer policies. Though, I'd still reserve some irritation at Audi for not disclaiming it prominently somewhere.

Last edited by snagitseven; 06-05-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

One more reason for Audi to switch to Google traffic or at least offer it as option for those using Audi Connect.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The issue is with Sirius - they don't transfer subscriptions. If an owner who has paid for Sirius radio sells or trades his car, he will likely cancel and get a credit towards a new subscription. (That's exactly what I did when I traded my A4 for the A6; I had a 4 month credit that I used on my new subscription for the A6). Cancelling the radio subscription would alert Sirius to the traffic subscription being cancelled as well (although It's not clear if there's a credit from unused traffic in this situation but I doubt it).

One could argue that Sirius, not Audi, is the one with the customer service issue for not allowing transfers. One could also argue that Audi has some skin in the game here as well. I'm guessing that Audi's hands are tied with regard to Sirius' policies and may have no way contractually to even pay Sirius for the remaining time left on the 4 year subscription for a CPO. The only solution I can see would be for Audi to offer a CPO customer a check or discount off the price of the car for the $3.99 per month times months remaining. Of course, if they were to make this standard policy, it would add up to significant costs over thousands of CPOs over the four years, not to mention the additional execution overhead.

Again, not arguing here. If I were you, I'd be peeved as well. But probably at Sirius, more than Audi, for their transfer policies. Though, I'd still reserve some irritation at Audi for not disclaiming it prominently somewhere.

True..if one doesn't subscribe to Sirius radio, one would still get the traffic. In the radio cancellation you are correct as Sirius is now alerted and I'm sure Audi will get the fallout. I can't complain. Perhaps Audi of America (or strong armed the dealer) into paying the 4 yr for me quietly on a case by case basis to avoid the potential press fiasco. I'm sure there will be and amended contract and press update if they continue this into 2014.

I still prefer Google traffic on my iPhone since it shows the side roads as well. Perhaps it will spur Audi into switching to Google in the future
Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Perhaps Audi of America (or strong armed the dealer) into paying the 4 yr for me quietly on a case by case basis to avoid the potential press fiasco.
I believe AOA did it as a good will accommodation for you as a customer, something they do frequently for owners (been there, done that). I seriously doubt they were very concerned about a bad press fiasco. On a scale of 1 to 10, this would barely be a "1" and wouldn't attract much interest, if any, from the media as say, 50 people dying in Jeep Cherokees exploding into fiery deathtraps from rear end collisions.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The issue is with Sirius ... One could argue that Sirius, not Audi, is the one with the customer service issue for not allowing transfers. One could also argue that Audi has some skin in the game here as well.

I spoke to Audi yesterday after I didn't renew my Sirius and the traffic went as well. Audi said I should have traffic. We'll see what transpires though. I'm supposed to get a call today.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
CPO officially comes with 3 months Sirius/XM & Traffic plus 1 month of Google Audi Connect.

Information varies with who you talk with and where.

They really should offer more here on CPO's. I've even had several staff at my dealer comment on numerous things, "what do you expect it's a cpo, you bought a used car, not a new one". I told my car guy to MAKE SURE he doesn't let me buy anything but a new car next time.

It's not right, esp on $50-100k used (cpo) cars. What can you do.
When you say officially, where are you getting that from? Does it vary by dealer. My dealer is telling me no trial on either for CPO.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I checked with Audi of America and they say no trial on Connect or Sirius.

"HI can you tell me if CPO vehicles come with any trial periods for Sirius or Audi Connect?

Joey N. says:
Thank you for your inquiry. This would be between you and the dealership. From the manufacturer's standpoint, thids would not be offered through CPO."
Old 06-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

True...not thru CPO...my issue was that my car is a 2013 model which should have had it activated for the 4 yrs before I took possession (5 month old dealer demo).

AOA and the dealer made it right and gave me the traffic but not the Audi Connect
Old 06-16-2013, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

True...not thru CPO...my issue was that my car is a 2013 model which should have had it activated for the 4 yrs before I took possession (5 month old dealer demo).

AOA and the dealer made it right and gave me the traffic but not the Audi Connect
So the car you bought was a demo, not a loaner? It had never been titled?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, it was a 2013 loaner and was titled to the dealer.. Still was given the 4 yrs SiriusXM traffic for 2013 model after elevating the case to Audi of America since it never went to a retail" John Doe" customer and the dealer used the new car dealer license version of SiriusXM

Also got the 3 month trial of Sirius XM radio upon delivery.

UPDATE..I convinced T Mobile to give me the 6 month trial as well for Audi Connect

Last edited by Slant83; 06-18-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: 2013 A6 CPO and no 4 yr Sirius traffic