Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 Prestige - fast order to ETA delivery time

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Ok, I think I figured it out. The VW Logisitics was last updated on 5/31, over three weeks ago. It showed the Neptune Ace as the Davisville, RI run from Emden, ETA to RI on 6/25 but we know that changed to Halifax/Brunswick. We know also our orders show a ship was loaded with our cars on 6/14 but we didn't see any other ship en route to Davisville. I figured that if the load date was correct, there had to be another ship, probably one of the ones shown on the Emden VW Logisitics schedule that was substituted/swapped for the Neptune Ace, ie the Olympian Highway or the Phoenix leader.

So I just checked and lo and behold, what did I see about 100 mi from Davisville? That's right, the Phoenix Leader and it shows bound for Davisville (spelled incorrectly) due in tomorrow; it's been dawdling around in circles, prob due to arriving early and waiting for it's berth time. This would likely be our ship. Why didn't we see it until now? It was out of range of the AFIS location system for the last 5-6 days so it wasn't visible on the map.

It all makes sense now. VW swapped some ships around and our ship load date has been correct all along. Our other ETA dates are also prob still good estimates. With luck, the cars will clear Norad, the port handler, on 6/29, Audi's 2013 A6 release date and will be loaded on a truck to the dealer. I have confirmed that sold orders should take priority at port. So, for me at least, a July 3 delivery date is still possible. Yours might take an extra 2 or 3 days up to Maine.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Again.
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I think you may have figured it out, that makes a lot of sense now, especially with our load dates matching and ETA's being the same this new info falls right into place, are you in the PI business?

My fingers are crossed you are correct which I think you are, of course if you see or hear anything new I'll be all ears.

Exciting times are soon to be had!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

As of 7:00 am ET this morning, the Phoenix Leader from Emden with my car has docked. The A6 will now be unloaded, processed by Norad (the port handler) and inspected by customs, any port accessories and maroni sticker installed this week.

Hopefully, since sold cars usually take priority, it will be released to the truck carrier by Friday. If so, as my dealer is only an hour away (and with a bit of luck), it could arrive there this weekend, be prepped and ready for delivery by Tuesday.

Aside from being an **** Type A, It's been fun tracking the car from Emden to Port Davisville, RI. Now all I need is access to a real-time spy satellite...

2013 A6 3.0t Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED, Cold Weather and B&O
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It made it, well sort of. I'm sure I'll be hearing from my dealer tomorrow with an update, looks like a delivery next week at some point for me as long as all goes fine.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Hopefully, since sold cars usually take priority, it will be released to the truck carrier by Friday. If so, as my dealer is only an hour away (and with a bit of luck), it could arrive there this weekend, be prepped and ready for delivery by Tuesday.
My recommendation, pick your car up while the sun is out, better for visual inspection. I picked mine up at night, missed a paint defect from the factory. It is a small one, and the dealer did their best to correct it without going to paint, but still visible if you know where to look.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by manishaudi
My recommendation, pick your car up while the sun is out, better for visual inspection. I picked mine up at night, missed a paint defect from the factory. It is a small one, and the dealer did their best to correct it without going to paint, but still visible if you know where to look.
Good advice. After buying 25+ new cars over my far too many years, I have a whole mental checklist I use for delivery including that one. I'm way beyond that "I'm too excited with getting my shiny new car to remember to check stuff" syndrome.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys, I am new to the forum. With the 2013 A6 out very soon, what kind of discount should I get on the 2012 A6 off the invoice? Like ?5000 off or so or something less? Eager to here from some experienced people.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Eric1
Hi guys, I am new to the forum. With the 2013 A6 out very soon, what kind of discount should I get on the 2012 A6 off the invoice? Like ?5000 off or so or something less? Eager to here from some experienced people.
You might want to do a search of the forum. There are many threads on this topic.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
As of 7:00 am ET this morning, the Phoenix Leader from Emden with my car has docked. The A6 will now be unloaded, processed by Norad (the port handler) and inspected by customs, any port accessories and maroni sticker installed this week.

Aside from being an **** Type A, It's been fun tracking the car from Emden to Port Davisville, RI. Now all I need is access to a real-time spy satellite...

2013 A6 3.0t Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED, Cold Weather and B&O
Nice, we might be getting our 2013s around the same time. Mine is supposed to arrive late this week, Monday at the latest.
--
2013 A6 3.0 Prestige, Dakota Gray, Nouget Brown, Black Headliner, F&R Air bags, Driver Assist, Cold Weather.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by directorguy7
Nice, we might be getting our 2013s around the same time. Mine is supposed to arrive late this week, Monday at the latest.
Where are you located, New England maybe?

Snagitseven, did you get my PM? Wonder what today's dealer news will be, regardless the countdown continues!

Quick Reply: 2013 A6 Prestige - fast order to ETA delivery time