Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 Tranny TSB update done..Wow !

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the TSB apply to cars with either engine?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
Does the TSB apply to cars with either engine?
I believe this applies to both 2.0 and 3.0 as long as you have a 8-speed ZF transmission.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheNit
I was just thinking that maybe, based on problems that have occurred enough to warrant a TSB, they might be proactive and modify production to prevent the problem from having to be fixed later.
In the absence of a safety issue (again, in which case we'd be talking about a recall rather than a TSB) or something that is known to cause a problem, Audi isn't likely to want to reimburse a dealer for warranty service done to a vehicle that an owner may not even notice or may think makes matters worse. If the work can be done as part of a general software update while the dealer has already got the car wired up to the shop computer, then yes, maybe.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

No go for me

I've even printed out the TSB's and gave it to them. They said that they didn't apply to my VIN.

Mine is a 2012 built on 3/12.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

The software update did not completely eliminate the issue. I observed a big clunk either going from 2-3 or 3-2, it happened too quickly. This is the first time I'm seeing 2-3 or 3-2 jerk after driving the car for a year. I'm confident to say that the new software update is the root cause. I was going 40MPH, then slowed down until 3-2. I guess it is either I stepped on the gas pedal again before 3-2 or right after 2-3 that created the clunk. If this happens again, I will ask the dealer to restore the original software. It does not make sense to update the software that did not address the issue. Very disappointed.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

As I reported a few weeks ago, when I started my 2013 A6 with about 3200 miles on it, I got a warning in the center dash screen "Transmission malfunction"! Car would not start. When I tried to start again, I got a message "OK to drive with malfunction"! I drove straight to the dealer, who said he had never seen that error message. On my drive to the dealer, all shifts in low gears were abrupt and delayed. I got a loaner, and returned the next day. Told they called factory, and was told to reprogram transmission, but I don't know what program was used. Issue resolved, and shift points now much better and smooth. I don't know if I was the first to report the issue, but it did lead to a TSB.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
That sounds encouraging. I've had the same vagueness with some occasional wandering off center and am going in for my 15k service next week. Looking forward to seeing what Audi has managed to accomplish with the update. Also hope to have the transmission software update done as well.
Snag, if your transmission is working properly, i would not recomend the update. It did not completely eliminate the issue and you cannot revert back once updated.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
Snag, if your transmission is working properly, i would not recomend the update. It did not completely eliminate the issue and you cannot revert back once updated.
What issue did you have before and what did the TSB change? What don't you like about it?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
What issue did you have before and what did the TSB change? What don't you like about it?
Rough upshift from 1-2 under certain driving condition. i.e. 1-2 when no gas being supplied. The TSB delays the upshift and downshift. I have experienced rough 2-3 after the software update. Contacted the service manager and was told to give it some time to adapt and that the software cannot be downgraded.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fEArmE
Rough upshift from 1-2 under certain driving condition. i.e. 1-2 when no gas being supplied. The TSB delays the upshift and downshift. I have experienced rough 2-3 after the software update. Contacted the service manager and was told to give it some time to adapt and that the software cannot be downgraded.
Since new, I have had an issue (read that minor issue) with downshifting... when easing into my garage, as I near the front wall, sometimes Ill get a "bump" that I BELIEVE is the final downshift... it feels like someone bumped the back of the car as the car lurches forward a bit. It was quite unnerving the first few times, but now I expect it and am ready at the brakes.

If I were "coasting" into the garage, and not paying attention it literally could result in hitting the workbench a the front of the garage.

Even if the TSB resolved that, I might not opt to do it if it could result in a rougher upshift.

jc

Quick Reply: 2013 A6 Tranny TSB update done..Wow !