Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 Tranny TSB update done..Wow !

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Since new, I have had an issue (read that minor issue) with downshifting... when easing into my garage, as I near the front wall, sometimes Ill get a "bump" that I BELIEVE is the final downshift... it feels like someone bumped the back of the car as the car lurches forward a bit. It was quite unnerving the first few times, but now I expect it and am ready at the brakes.

If I were "coasting" into the garage, and not paying attention it literally could result in hitting the workbench a the front of the garage.

Even if the TSB resolved that, I might not opt to do it if it could result in a rougher upshift.

jc

My 2-1 is always a non issue. Only issue i had was 1-2. And now I have to deal with 2-3. And I have another incident (2nd time) where D-S did nothing and the transmission was hesitating. I will try to replicate this and if successful, I will request Audi to downgrade the software (or give me a new car ) Again, this may be just isolated to me and it is better to get more feedback.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Seems like the software is not tested enough prior to release.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fEArmE
My 2-1 is always a non issue. Only issue i had was 1-2. And now I have to deal with 2-3. And I have another incident (2nd time) where D-S did nothing and the transmission was hesitating. I will try to replicate this and if successful, I will request Audi to downgrade the software (or give me a new car ) Again, this may be just isolated to me and it is better to get more feedback.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Seems like the software is not tested enough prior to release.
I had the transmission TSB done as well when my car was in last week. For me, it solved the 1-2 and 2-1 shifting issue and it didn't introduce any new issues.

It also seemed to smooth out the other shifts when using ~75% throttle. Before, all the upshifts would feel like it was slipping while trying to engage each gear.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Knowing "efficiency" mode is all about on time up shift, delayed down shift and etc. I did an experiment to counter the delayed up shift after the transmission software update by re-enabling "efficiency" mode. The result is very positive. Although 1-2 and 2-3 up shift are still around 1900-2000 RPM, the hold time between shifts have definitely shortened. Shifting is less hesitating and more decisive. I also noticed D->S in "efficiency" mode is now working properly. It used to do nothing prior to the software update. Will test more and report back.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm liking this. I'm confirming this is the closest thing compared to prior the update. It seems like efficiency mode is overwriting the software update. I will stimulate if 1-2 jerk will present under efficiency mode. If not, I'm golden.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I'm liking this. I'm confirming this is the closest thing compared to prior the update. It seems like efficiency mode is overwriting the software update. I will stimulate if 1-2 jerk will present under efficiency mode. If not, I'm golden.
After thinking about this for awhile, I wonder if you adding the "efficiency" mode created any unintended changes to the other modes' transmission gear maps resulting in your shift issues after the update.. Since, so far, I think you're the only one I've read that was experiencing issues with the transmission TSB (there may be others I haven't seen), I wonder if there is any merit to that as others seem to have had a positive result. Just a thought.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
After thinking about this for awhile, I wonder if you adding the "efficiency" mode created any unintended changes to the other modes' transmission gear maps resulting in your shift issues after the update.. Since, so far, I think you're the only one I've read that was experiencing issues with the transmission TSB (there may be others I haven't seen), I wonder if there is any merit to that as others seem to have had a positive result. Just a thought.
Could be! The D->S no effect in efficiency mode was really bothering me and that is the reason I disabled it. I have seen it happened twice after the update in D mode. At least for now, D->S is working in efficiency mode. I hope this only occurs in learning mode. I personally do not like the higher RPM and hold shift. Maybe because I get so used to driving like a grandma!! lol
Old 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by podra
I had the transmission TSB done as well when my car was in last week. For me, it solved the 1-2 and 2-1 shifting issue and it didn't introduce any new issues.

It also seemed to smooth out the other shifts when using ~75% throttle. Before, all the upshifts would feel like it was slipping while trying to engage each gear.
Reviving an old thread here. I was experiencing a similar issue that others have pointed out - a hesitation then surge at 50-75%, between 1st and 2nd in my case. I decided to bite the bullet and have the transmission adaptation update done this week. So far, so good. Shifts seem smoother and the 1>2 hesitation/surge is gone. I like the side benefit of when switching from D to S on deceleration, the transmission drops down 2 gears instead of just one (depending on speed). With 8 gears, this is more useful when wanting to decelerate using the S mode temporarily.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Although the problem (1-2 hesitation) does not occur as frequent as before the software update, it still happen under rare circumstances in which the car is going down hill in a stop and go traffic. And yes, the 2 gears down shift from D-S is very helpful in slowing down the car without heavy braking.