Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 deposit in, now I need your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think the sports package is required on this car - this is my 3rd A6 in the last 6 years and everyone has had sport - it is worth it when you drive it aggresively but not harsh when you are day to day driving. My 2013 is 20' sport

Color - this is my 3rd Phantom Black - i had Brilliant before and while when Brand new or after a deep detail it looks the best, the moment it has any flaw it stands out. Phantom you get the benefit of deep black but with metallic to hid the flaws or dust etc... go Phantom IMO
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A6pdx
I personally think the sports package is required on this car - this is my 3rd A6 in the last 6 years and everyone has had sport - it is worth it when you drive it aggresively but not harsh when you are day to day driving. My 2013 is 20' sport

Color - this is my 3rd Phantom Black - i had Brilliant before and while when Brand new or after a deep detail it looks the best, the moment it has any flaw it stands out. Phantom you get the benefit of deep black but with metallic to hid the flaws or dust etc... go Phantom IMO
Another plus for Metallic paint: if it ever has to be painted for any reason, they have to paint match it to surrounding panels. With regular paint they are just required to paint match the affected area to its immediate areas. I was told this a few years ago by my insurance and a couple of the body shops I use.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Have to say I love the look of this car in black, especially with the LEDs. Its just nasty looking (in a very good kind of way). Having said that, I live in CO where there is a fair amount of dust in the air, and it would be impossible to keep looking nice. I think snagitstevens looks awesome, but there are already 3 silver Audis on my cul-de-sac.

I chose the Dakota Gray... I love how it looks on the lot, but as Im waiting for delivery Im wondering about it... most pictures of it look overly brown to me. I dont anticipate changing horses, but suffice it to say Im having heartburn today. Im supposed to pick it up on Friday.

jc

Last edited by MileHighJC; 07-09-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated earlier, I think the sport package is a must. I just love the three spoke steering wheel, and with it lowered with the prestige trim, looks awesome. I'm with manishaudi about the metallica paint. In direct sunlight the phantom black colors really stand out.

In regards to the cold weather package, the only reason I got it was for the wife. So she can have the steering wheel heated on those frigid 60° winter nights here in southern California.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very much appreciate the responses. Right now I'm feeling Phantom Black, 19" sport, no sunshade option (going to tint the thing). Black with the nougat interior is going to be sick.

I'm still debating the cold weather package. I'm in the military and I'll most likely stay in the south but there is always the possibility of getting an assignment up north.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another question:
One little annoying thing I noticed about the MMI interface is that on screens that display lists, turning the **** clockwise will move the selection up; not down as one would intuitively expect. Is there an option to reverse this? Has this been discussed before?
Old 07-19-2012, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Landstander
Another question:
One little annoying thing I noticed about the MMI interface is that on screens that display lists, turning the **** clockwise will move the selection up; not down as one would intuitively expect. Is there an option to reverse this? Has this been discussed before?
no
yes

You get used to it.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
no
yes

You get used to it.
Thank you.

Crap.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Landstander
Another question:
Originally Posted by PJRed2008
no
yes

You get used to it.
Cr@p! Havent taken delivery of my car yet.. but this is going to hurt my OCD so bad that I can almost taste it!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Color: I too was back and forth on Oolong grey, Havana Black, and Moonlight Blue. I happened to go to the lot and the dealership had all 3 of them side by side on rainy day. Unless I was 6" from them, I couldn't tell the difference. Then I saw a guy here post his car in Aviator Blue. Depending on how the light hits it, the sunlight, it can be a Dark Blue to Sea Green, to Green...THIS is what I ordered.

Sports Package: hell yeah.. I come from driving a sports car, and have to have the sporty feel to it. Don't care for the paddles though.

Cold Weather: Used to be military myself, lived all over the South.. Mississippi, Alabama, Florida and even those places get cold enough to where you'll want a nice *** warmer and a warmed steering wheel. Defrosting mirrors, probably not much. As a military person, you'll never know where your next assigment is.. you could be in Germany, and THEN, you'll be thankful you got it.

Good Luck on your decision.. either way, I think you'll love the car.

(2 weeks until mine is delivered)

Quick Reply: 2013 deposit in, now I need your thoughts