Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by billmac
Hello all,

My very first post after months of browsing and private messaging with a few lucky '12 A6 owners around here. So thanks go to everyone who has helped me decide on my first Audi.

Well, my custom '12 A6 order has not even started assembly yet and I noticed some dealers are beginning to take custom orders on MY13. Is there any chance that some of the goodies the new model will bring, trickle down to the last batch of '12 vehicles being built?

Cheers,
Bill
It's possible that if a line is in process of being shut down and is starting to be retooled, a late order could be delayed and the next year model would be substituted. Not saying this is happening in your case but it has occurred before.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by The G Man
I dont think so, the factory has to retool in order to add those goodies to the 2013 model.
What "goodies" are you speaking of? All I read was an added option for sunshades, a rejigger of the Innovation package and no 19" Sport. Other than the new power trunk option (apparently now pulled) and the (definitely not a goodie for me) stop/start on all trims, did I miss some other new stuff? Still way short of the options offered on the Euro models.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goacom
What has been your experience with Audi Austin, specially with regards to servicing? The reviews online are terrible!
We are planning on getting a 2013 A6, but the horror stories mentioned online are tempting us to consider alternate brands.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...43152966954104
I have owned three Audis while living in Austin, two of which I got from RB Audi in Austin (the third I brought when I moved from the Midwest in 2001) . I have generally been very happy with the sales and service at that particular dealership. I will say though that I have sold several cars for them (to friends and colleagues) and that most people that have been at the dealership for a while know me - not sure if that help my level of service. All of my friends that got cars there have been mostly happy as well.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It's possible that if a line is in process of being shut down and is starting to be retooled, a late order could be delayed and the next year model would be substituted. Not saying this is happening in your case but it has occurred before.
I was simply replying to billmac by using his term "goodie", but your list of new options and features sounds about right.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

By goodies I meant anything subtle that might be added to MY13. We all know it won't be a redesign, but rather some tweaks here and there, or perhaps the current but enhanced - mature - options.

One addition that comes to mind is the new 360º top camera view, which means more than a couple cameras. With all the noise the missing backup camera made around here on the early MY12 builds, it's nice to see the new model will put the huge MMI display to even better use.

And I say this because it was really tough not to wait just a few more weeks before pulling the trigger and placing an order on a custom MY12 last month. With MY13 pricing and pre-ordering available now, I was just hoping that some of those refinements might make it to my vehicle which has not yet been built.

Peace,
Bill
Old 04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by billmac
And I say this because it was really tough not to wait just a few more weeks before pulling the trigger and placing an order on a custom MY12 last month. With MY13 pricing and pre-ordering available now, I was just hoping that some of those refinements might make it to my vehicle which has not yet been built.

Peace,
Bill
Where have you seen the pricing for the 2013 A6? I've been waiting and so far I've only seen the order guide. As of yesterday, my salesperson said he hasn't seen it yet either.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Where have you seen the pricing for the 2013 A6? I've been waiting and so far I've only seen the order guide. As of yesterday, my salesperson said he hasn't seen it yet either.
I haven't seen MY13 pricing either, but I was just making reference to post #4 in this thread. I am new to Audi, so I don't (yet) have connections like some of you. I will call my salesperson first thing tomorrow morning and will report here if I find any news on the subject.