Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 A6 Availability

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A6 Availability

Placed my order for a 2014 A6 prestige on Monday....

My dealer called me today and informed that Audi is not yet accepting orders for 2014 models.....did not specify if that was specific to A6 models or all models.

I realize the 2014 order guide was just released but if anyone has information on when building will begin / orders will accepted, it would be appreciated.

Ordered/ will order a prestige in daytona grey, black interior with aluminum trim, 19 sport package ( 5 spoke split wheel ) , LED's.

Hard time with exterior color choice as I really like quartz and glacier but once the daytona became an option ( without a 2500$ price tag ) I decided to go with it. Love it's look on the A7 and some S6 pics recently published...hope it looks as great on the A6 prestige.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't know the answer, but have two points to make:
1) I love the Daytona. I got Quartz on my 2013 A6 – but you are right to get Daytona if the mega price premium is no longer an issue.
2) Make sure you spec the black headliner no-cost option. I had the grey headliner/pillar covering on my 2006, 2008 and 2010 Audi’s. I have black on my 2013 and the entire experience of being in the car is so amazingly improved I could not believe it. Why Audi waited so long to make this available I’ll never know.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for your comments. What do you like most of the black headliner? I have given it thought but never seen it in person. Thought maybe two colors on the interior might open up the feel inside... Is it a sportier look? Thanks for your feedback.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ndickins
Thanks for your comments. What do you like most of the black headliner? I have given it thought but never seen it in person. Thought maybe two colors on the interior might open up the feel inside... Is it a sportier look? Thanks for your feedback.
My ex-wife always said I was part bat (I hate bright rooms, etc. - never wanted window shades or window drapes open), so maybe you would disagree. That being said, I think the light grey always looked like a puke-ish color generally speaking. Also, I found the contrast between the black leather and dashboard materials and the light grey (especially on the pillars) distracting and somehow cheapened the feel for me. To me the black headliner and pillar coverings (if that is the correct term) says "rich" in the way of a classic RR or M-B chauffeur-driven limo. Definitely try to find one to look at though, you might disagree. I find the A6 has such a spacious interior (both actually in terms of room and in terms of design) so I do not think the dark headliner makes it feel cramped. Anyway, my 2 cents
Old 04-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Appreciate your thoughts. Black interior with black headliner...not too much black?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Audi typically will accept orders from dealers once the pricing is released. In past years, that's usually two or three weeks after the order guides are published as I recall.
Some dealers will take customer "orders" before they can submit them to Audi and will treat them as a local waiting list of sorts to get you in a queue until they can be submitted.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ndickins
What do you like most of the black headliner? I have given it thought but never seen it in person.
I think the black flows better with the dash and door panels. It also give you the black mirror which I think looks better from the outside.

Light headliner
Name:  brownnougatash27.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  123.6 KB

Black headliner
Name:  brownnougatash29.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  61.2 KB
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I think the black flows better with the dash and door panels. It also give you the black mirror which I think looks better from the outside.
Thanks for the photos, to me they make the point. As can be seen, Audi's black isn't really black but more of a darkish grey, so the OP's question about it being too much black may be answered.
I believe Lexus and Cadillac do the best job of two-color interiors in the segment. Acura and BMW, like Audi look best IMHO in one color - not sure why, though. Excellent point about the mirror.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

The white mirror and the lack of LED headlights tells me to "move on" when I'm reviewing new and used cars for sale.

Here's another shot that shows how the light and dark collide on the "B" pillar. The division should have been at the bottom of the window or a piece of trim at the junction.

Name:  brownnougat06_zps08b32066.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  42.6 KB
Old 04-18-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Others hit it on the head, but I will chime in. The flow is more "luxurious" with the black headliner. I am like Irenesbob, I like my cabin dark. I have black interior (with nuget seats) black headliner, 35% tinted windows and the rear sunshades which were alwas up this winter.

The light color interior just clashes with the flow and segments the top and bottom of the car. The black feels custom without the cost. It is free. Well you gotta buy the car first of course.

Quick Reply: 2014 A6 Availability