Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 A6 P+ to Prestige Interior Dome Light Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A6 P+ to Prestige Interior Dome Light Swap

New to the forum and so far impressed with all the information and experience.

I purchased a used 2014 A6 2.0 FWD, and noticed the prestige level dome light systems (which are way better than P+). I purchased the front and rear dome light assemblies and installation was easy and all buttons function properly except when the car doors are opened (any of them) or the doors are unlocked (by touch or remote) the interior lights do not illuminate. I have checked the button on the front assembly that disables the lighting when doors are ajar trying both on/off and it has no effect on the light illumination.

I have a foxwell NT510 and have played with the longcodings with regard to roof electronics but they haven't had any effect on the above problem.

So I turn to you all scratching my head wondering if anyone can give me a hand.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-31-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher Koth

I purchased a used 2014 A6 2.0 FWD, and noticed the prestige level dome light systems (which are way better than P+). I purchased the front and rear dome light assemblies and installation was easy and all buttons function properly except when the car doors are opened (any of them) or the doors are unlocked (by touch or remote) the interior lights do not illuminate. I have checked the button on the front assembly that disables the lighting when doors are ajar trying both on/off and it has no effect on the light illumination.

I have a foxwell NT510 and have played with the longcodings with regard to roof electronics but they haven't had any effect on the above problem.

Thanks,

Chris
Just curious, why is the prestige one way better? I've never seen it so I guess I don't know what I'm missing out on.

Do you mind posting a picture?
Old 09-02-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its not just coding you need, you need to add an extra cable from the J519 iirc to the roof console. It will not work otherwise
Old 09-02-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by morski
Its not just coding you need, you need to add an extra cable from the J519 iirc to the roof console. It will not work otherwise
thank you for the reply. If you have any wire diagrams and instruction i would be keenly interested.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A6 Thread

You commented on my post requesting help and says I needed to program and a wire. Can you help me with some more information or if you have a manual or task i can follow. Thank you, Christopher.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Christopher Koth

Thanks,

Chris
As mentioned your dome lights will not function correctly, particularly the "light on" when a door is opened without a single wire. The wire is included with the kit from Kufatec or BKS tuning. It's less expensive than sourcing the parts yourself.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I really want to switch to the prestige main dome light as well, mostly because of the sunglasses holder. But $450 for the retrofit kit is too much for me, though unless you know someone who already has the coding, it's probably the only way to get the instructions.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xanmato
I really want to switch to the prestige main dome light as well, mostly because of the sunglasses holder. But $450 for the retrofit kit is too much for me, though unless you know someone who already has the coding, it's probably the only way to get the instructions.
Bro. Did yoi get solve for this? I also have a same issue.
It will be appreciate if you can share the outcome. Cheers.
The following users liked this post:
Steven Silvestri (06-26-2020)