Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2015 headlight style for 2016 model?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 headlight style for 2016 model?

Hi, I really like the headlight style (LED dots) of the 2015 Audi A6. However, I want to buy the 2016 model of A6. I think most people probably agree that the 2015 style has more bling than the 2016 style.

Therefore, I'm guessing that 2016 a6 owners have generated some demand for the 2015-style headlights. Has a different thread already been started about this?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No, because everyone likes the new headlights better.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
No, because everyone likes the new headlights better.
And there ain't no way Audi is going to change it back.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

can someone please post a pic of their 2016 a6 with the headlights fully on?are the a6 headlights full led on all models or only with certain packages/models?

The daylight running lights look pretty plain but if the lights are full led then I might just always leave on full lights all the time if they look cool.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

In the U.S., Prestige models get the LED standard, P+ have the xenons. I agree that the old non-LED strips had more character, I believe the new non-LEDs are similar to the A3 in shape. But yeah would be nice if someone could post pics of both.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The older 2011-2015 All LED lights were nice enough, but not nearly as slick and streamlined as the 2016 in real life in my view and it seems every review I have yet read of the new A6 A7 headlights which nearly universally ( for what ever weight a reviewers opinion holds which in this case I just happen to agree with) have extolled the new headlights as a positive design improvement that integrates very well with the wider front grill and more agressive bumper and air intakes on the 2016 car especially with the S-line Sports package of design refinements.

The slightly greater slant to the slightly narrower and very clean lay out of the new headlights with its horizontal hockey stick-like day time running lights at that angle creates a very angular dynamic not unlike an Eagles face from the front with the grill and lower bumper also with the dynamic direction turn signals on format and tail lights is a very nice visual touch. While the all LED lights are standard on the Prsstige model I ordered and leeaves Emden in Saturday on the Grand Neptune for San Diego port unload, you can order the All LED lights on any model if the car.. Certainly with the premium plus for sure fir a grand extra I believe, maybe a bit more.

It's not unlike how my 2012 A4 prestige looked great when it was new ... And still does ... Nevertheless the small Incremental but important subtle headlight treatment in my wife's 2015 prestige A4 I got her last August is far nicer now that the multi-dot LEDs has been dropped in place of contiguous day time running LED rope lights replacing what not long ago at all was state of the art... The older style still looks nice, but definitely are looking a bit dated as cars are wont to do a few years down the line.

Nevertheless, yours is the first comment I've read or heard asking for a return to the 2015 LEDs as the bulk of the comments in the press have been quite positive about the face lift design and headlights in particular...the new lights look subtly beautiful close up as well .
It's late here but will try to post a few close ups of the new full LEDS tomorrow for you to get a look at Random512.

It keeps life interesting in any event and keeps all of us coming back for more.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Full LED headlight on 2016 A6 Prestige without S-line Sports Pack lower and rear bumper and side sills bolder treatment.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 198 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by random512
Hi, I really like the headlight style (LED dots) of the 2015 Audi A6. However, I want to buy the 2016 model of A6. I think most people probably agree that the 2015 style has more bling than the 2016 style.

Therefore, I'm guessing that 2016 a6 owners have generated some demand for the 2015-style headlights. Has a different thread already been started about this?
The headlights between the pre and post facelift models are not directly interchangeable as they (and the shape of bumper/fender to accommodate them) are a slightly different shape
Old 05-07-2015, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I feel the original design of the LED headlights is more distinctive, especially when on at night, but like many subjective things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Everybody talks about the LEDs but there are still peeps out there without them! Strange isn't it?? so how about some pics of the non LEDs when one, again I believe the strips are on top of the headlight just like the A3s..

One thing I don't like about new LEDs is that 'empty' space in the housing below the strip, reminds me of those fake air intakes so many cars have today.

Quick Reply: 2015 headlight style for 2016 model?