Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 3.0T Wheels Suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow...that look super sweet. i'll definitely post pics once i got them on.

is that the Audi cap you got on your wheels?

so no wheel alignment?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thehaviet
wow...that look super sweet. i'll definitely post pics once i got them on.

is that the Audi cap you got on your wheels?

so no wheel alignment?

Thanks man.

I couldnt get an Audi cap to fit directly. I even ordered a q7 one I think (roughly 3") and it wouldnt fit. You could modify one to make it fit but I havent done that yet. Those are the TSW caps.

Make sure they send you the centering rings so you get a nice snug hubcentric fit and no vibration.

Other than that, you are good to go. They should provide the proper lug bolts. Dont use your OEM ones. They have different seats.

No alignment needed. You are just swapping on new wheels like anyone would do who has a summer and winter set. Nothing in your suspension is being disconnected that would alter your suspension geometry and necessitate redoing the alignment. If you lower the car you will want to have it checked again and probably it would need some adjustment.

BTW, here is my old car with a 19x9.5 TSW Bathurst and a 255 tire to give you an idea...

Name:  20160107_161443_zpshvox0yln.jpg
Views: 2706
Size:  315.5 KB

Last edited by bhvrdr; 05-06-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Thanks man.

I couldnt get an Audi cap to fit directly. I even ordered a q7 one I think (roughly 3") and it wouldnt fit. You could modify one to make it fit but I havent done that yet. Those are the TSW caps.

Make sure they send you the centering rings so you get a nice snug hubcentric fit and no vibration.

Other than that, you are good to go. They should provide the proper lug bolts. Dont use your OEM ones. They have different seats.

No alignment needed. You are just swapping on new wheels like anyone would do who has a summer and winter set. Nothing in your suspension is being disconnected that would alter your suspension geometry and necessitate redoing the alignment. If you lower the car you will want to have it checked again and probably it would need some adjustment.

BTW, here is my old car with a 19x9.5 TSW Bathurst and a 255 tire to give you an idea...

thanks for posting that pic. is that the S4? the fit looks great. i think i will like that 9.5" width and 255 tire.

as long as ride quality and performance does not suffer.

and i did purchase their installation kit which should include the right bolts. not sure about the centering ring. if that's included or not. i will email them to make sure. that would be one ring for each wheel? so 4 in total?

Last edited by thehaviet; 05-07-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes the s4. I was going to throw them on the a6 but they won't clear the caliper due to the concavity. Yup 4 centering rings. TSW occasionally forgets the centering rings as they have been on backorder with them in the past so just be sure u get them.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks.

I just emailed Discount Tire, as that's where I bought the wheels and tires, to make sure they come with the centering rings.

Have you had any luck trying to find Audi center caps for the TSW wheels?
Old 05-07-2016, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just noticed on my invoice from Discount Tire that they will inflate by front tires to 38 psi, and my rear tires to 41 psi.

Are these pressure level accurate? Can you tell me why the PSI are different for front versus rear?

I am used to having the same PSI for all 4 tires.

Thanks,
Old 05-07-2016, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by thehaviet
I just noticed on my invoice from Discount Tire that they will inflate by front tires to 38 psi, and my rear tires to 41 psi.

Are these pressure level accurate? Can you tell me why the PSI are different for front versus rear?

I am used to having the same PSI for all 4 tires.

Thanks,
They are going off of manufacturers specifications and the tire company ratings as well. Check you manual and door placard and you should see similar numbers.

those appear to be full load numbers. The difference front to rear is likely due to axle load in which you can load the rear of the car up more. If you look at the low load numbers on audi the front is usually higher in psi than rear due to more weight up front when not loaded with passengers.

Keep in mind they are recommendations and you can deviate from th em a few psi based on your results. You may want to Google how to use the triangle indicators on the tires as well as your driving style, load and preferences to take into account your inflation values if interested at all.

Mike

Last edited by bhvrdr; 05-07-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, but that all sounds pretty complicated to an armature car guy like me. I guess I will just as my installer to check the PSI after they bolt the tires into the car to make sure the PSI numbers match those numbers in the door. I guess that would be a safer bet to do?
Old 05-09-2016, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Make sure they send you the centering rings so you get a nice snug hubcentric fit and no vibration.....

couldn't get confirmation if my wheels will come with the "centering rings".

in case that they do not, should i wait and not have them install onto the car?

would it be really bad, if i install the wheels without the centering rings?
Old 05-10-2016, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

They most likely will come with them. Mine from TSW were orange and plastic but they can be any color and be metal too. If yours dont come with the wheels it would probably be most convenient just to wait for them to come and then do the install. You'd probably be fine and just have more vibration installing them without them but there's really no reason to unless you have your stock wheels sold or something.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 3.0T Wheels Suggestions???