Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 Comfort Window Up/Down

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, I thought I answered your question re the windows menu having to be set in the C7 A6 after the Vag mod. Like my former B8 A4, I made the mod as shown above, went into the MMI windows menu, made the settings in the MMI and my windows and sunroof open (actually, sunroof only tilts open) and all close from the key fob. Sorry, I don't know what else I can add other than using the VCDS cable to ensure the comfort setting is actually changed as above. Perhaps someone else can shed further light on answering your questions.

Last edited by snagitseven; 06-16-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Well, I thought I answered your question re the windows menu having to be set in the C7 A6 after the Vag mod. Like my former B8 A4, I made the mod as shown above, went into the MMI windows menu, made the settings in the MMI and my windows and sunroof open (actually, sunroof only tilts open) and all close from the key fob. Sorry, I don't know what else I can add other than using the VCDS cable to ensure the comfort setting is actually changed as above. Perhaps someone else can shed further light on answering your questions.
thanks for trying to help but unless you have the MY2016 and have comfort enabled straight from the factory, you can't relate to what I'm going through. I guess my efforts to try to be as clear as possible in my explanation wasn't helpful.

i'm hoping that as more and more forum members upgrade eventually to the 2016 model, more people will know what I'm experiencing and someone with a bit more knowledge of VCDS than myself can figure out a workaround so that we can close the windows, not just open them with the keyfob.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2016, and I assumed I could roll them back up until this weekend. While sitting on my deck All the sudden I looked at my car and all the windows were down, my key got long pressed in my pocket some how. Well I thought I could just long press it again to roll them back up. No good. So I'm in the same situation, and I too could not find anything in vcds. It is not like previous audis where it would enable both up and down via remote. For the time being I just set it to vent the sunroof as I don't need that happening without me knowing again. Hopefully someone will find some info for us.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kj71109
I have a 2016, and I assumed I could roll them back up until this weekend. While sitting on my deck All the sudden I looked at my car and all the windows were down, my key got long pressed in my pocket some how. Well I thought I could just long press it again to roll them back up. No good. So I'm in the same situation, and I too could not find anything in vcds. It is not like previous audis where it would enable both up and down via remote. For the time being I just set it to vent the sunroof as I don't need that happening without me knowing again. Hopefully someone will find some info for us.
finally good to hear from someone else having the same issue. I thought i was losing my mind especially with everyone just telling me to VCDS the option on. Let me know if you have a solution as this feature would be very helpful especially in the summer when I like to have my windows cracked open to keep the car cool but with rolling thunderstorms that pop up, I'd like to be able to close them without having to get into the car and doing it manually.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It sounds like maybe something has changed in the coding for MY2016. Question: do you have a VCDS and have you actually gone in and checked the module to see what option has been selected or are you just assuming the correct coding is done since they can be rolled up? As I recall there is a long coding helper with check box options available in the Vag-Com software. Also, and forgive me if you've already answered this, is there a convenience/windows menu available in the MMI?
Old 06-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It sounds like maybe something has changed in the coding for MY2016. Question: do you have a VCDS and have you actually gone in and checked the module to see what option has been selected or are you just assuming the correct coding is done since they can be rolled up? As I recall there is a long coding helper with check box options available in the Vag-Com software. Also, and forgive me if you've already answered this, is there a convenience/windows menu available in the MMI?
yes i have VCDS and yes I've gone in and checked. the windows currently can be rolled down via fob not up. and yes, there is a menu available in MMI.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by booreux
yes i have VCDS and yes I've gone in and checked. the windows currently can be rolled down via fob not up. and yes, there is a menu available in MMI.
Well, that would confirm something has likely changed for MY2016. If no one else comes up with a coding solution, you might want to contact Ross-Tech and see if they are addressing VCDS modifications for the new model year C7 including the window/key fob issue.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Figured it out after hours of research and tinkering...so for those of you who have post facelift C7 A6's and your comfort window function doesn't work for closing the windows, do the following...

46 - Cent. Conv.
Adaptation - 10
Channel 62
Change value from 8738 to 48059
Test
Save

Voila!!

Happy Happy Happy
The following 2 users liked this post by booreux:
DFogA6 (05-02-2020), MarinellI (02-26-2020)
Old 06-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Figured it out after hours of research and tinkering...so for those of you who have post facelift C7 A6's and your comfort window function doesn't work for closing the windows, do the following...

46 - Cent. Conv.
Adaptation - 10
Channel 62
Test
Save

Voila!!

Happy Happy Happy
Very nice work!!! Thank you
The following users liked this post:
MarinellI (02-26-2020)
Old 06-21-2015, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

46 - Cent. Conv.
Adaptation - 10
Channel 62
Test
Save

Voila!!

Happy Happy Happy
Excellent! Where did you find this?

Also, since you also have a 2016, have you found a VCDS workaround to "disable NAV and Phone warning messages while entering data at speed"? The usual "Adaptation / Set Channel 2 & 3 to 250" doesn't work on the 2016.
The following users liked this post:
MarinellI (02-26-2020)

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 Comfort Window Up/Down