Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

25k service

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 25k service

car is in for the 25k service this morning and I have a a4 avant loaner. Funny thing is this was the car that I had originally gone to the dealer to buy.. Love the wagon, fun to drive around town. The 2.0 has nice pick up but certainly lack the punch of our car. Road noise seems more pronounced as well.
I'm having the leather looked at as well, seems to be pulling up a bit on the back seat. Anyone else having that? Not a huge issue but the cars only 1 year old.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well the leather was deemed to not be a warranty issue. They felt it was from my child's booster seat.

I did have them look for a check engine light that had appeared a few weeks back then disappeared. They wound up replacing the PCV valve on the car (under warranty). Couldn't say why it faulted only that it was a "software issue".

Wound up having the wife test drive a Q7 TDI while we waited..fantastic engine in that beast. Looks like that might be our on our radar.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Can I ask how much the 25K service cost? I didn't buy Audi Care when I leased my A6 because I hadn't read on here yet that it raises the residual 1% and cuts the cost of Audi Care substantially. Now I want to know what I'm in for at 25K.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyDriver
Can I ask how much the 25K service cost? I didn't buy Audi Care when I leased my A6 because I hadn't read on here yet that it raises the residual 1% and cuts the cost of Audi Care substantially. Now I want to know what I'm in for at 25K.
Sorry, I don't know. I have the Audi care and the billing slip lists everything as N/C (no cost).
Old 03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDriver
Regular maintenance service cost varies by dealer. Try calling up varies dealers around your area for a quote.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo
Well the leather was deemed to not be a warranty issue. They felt it was from my child's booster seat.

I did have them look for a check engine light that had appeared a few weeks back then disappeared. They wound up replacing the PCV valve on the car (under warranty). Couldn't say why it faulted only that it was a "software issue".

Wound up having the wife test drive a Q7 TDI while we waited..fantastic engine in that beast. Looks like that might be our on our radar.
How did they rate the overall health of your A6?

I am just coming up on 20K and that next service is right around the corner...
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
How did they rate the overall health of your A6?

I am just coming up on 20K and that next service is right around the corner...
No issues otherwise. "all systems check out good" It's funny reading the breakdown of service. Basically an oil change, check fluids, brakes etc.
they even listed the rental car as a 79.99 loaner for n/c.
do dealers charge for a loaner if you don't have audi care?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Most Audi dealers don't charge for service loaners with or without Audi Care although, they often charge for gas. Some have their own loaner cars and others use a car rental agency. At my dealer, they have a flat $10 @ day charge to cover gas, etc. (no need to return full) and provide their own fleet of Audi loaners. I've been given almost every Audi model over the years - A8, Q5, S4, etc. My dealer tries to provide a loaner equal or better to what the customer owns when available.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No issues otherwise. "all systems check out good" It's funny reading the breakdown of service. Basically an oil change, check fluids, brakes etc.
they even listed the rental car as a 79.99 loaner for n/c.
I never thought about that. Most dealers that do factory loaners don't charge because you have your car in for service. But since Audi's factory loaner program is new, I don't know. I wouldn't think so, but it's a good question to ask my dealer when I take my car in.

I think in this case though it's more for tax purposes. They have to quantify the value of "renting out" their loaners. It's like this...a company I used to work for made and sold a product...they also made software to interact with that product that they gave away for free. On the company ledgers though they have to value this software, so essentially they were charging the customer for the software and then rebating them for it.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by manishaudi
I think in this case though it's more for tax purposes. They have to quantify the value of "renting out" their loaners.
Very true. The loaners are a tax deductible cost of doing business. I would imagine some dealers cost it out this way per "customer use", others depreciate the loaners over time or they do some combination of both.