Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

3M clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M clear bra

I was quoted $1,000 for 12" on hood, front bumper, fender and side mirrors. Sounds a little too deep. Is it worth the money? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I was quoted $1,000 for 12" on hood, front bumper, fender and side mirrors. Sounds a little too deep. Is it worth the money? Thanks.
Not sure where you are, but I just did the full hood, full front bumper, partial quarter panel, mirrors, trunk lip (top of bumper), front wheel wells, bottom of the rear quarter panel and behind the door handles for about 1,250 before tax with XPEL Ultimate in northern NJ.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes! It's saved my S5
Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Paid $850 to do hood, bumper, side mirrors and headlights.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Sound like more than Rochester NY area shops are charging. There might be a local car forum where you can find out who's good and what's the average price.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm located in Middlesex county.. and i also heard horror story of bra turning yellow.. that really a show stopper lol
Old 09-23-2012, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The XPEL has a 10 year warranty. If it were to yellow they would replace it. My understanding is that it is very unlikely it will yellow, especially if you clean it and seal it as you do normally for the car.

The installer was telling me of someone who had him basically wrap the whole car. To me it is worth some protection as I don't want to see all the stone chips on the front of the car.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

I got a quote today from Raja here in Northern Va. for the following

The full hood, full front bumpers, full fenders, headlights, mirrors, trunk lip (top of bumper), and behind the door handles for about 1,250 before tax with XPEL Ultimate. He also will wash the car, clay it and then clean it before putting the clear bra on. Estimate will be about 10-12 hours for my car, provided there are no issues with the film. He will not let it leave his shop until it's 100% perfect. He will also go over with me on how to maintain it after I leave his shop so it will last for as long as I own the car.

you can't beat that kind of service.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

While i don't intend to hijack this thread, i have a quick question...

I am really really paranoid about door dings and fed up of people who cause it....Is there any solution on the market that helps me protect against these...

Most dings that have not cracked the paint can easily be removed using PDR as it has been on my car but what about someone dings it on top of the protection that i have...does it still crack the paint..

Of course nothing will protect it against the lunatics out there but please if someone can recommend something that helps me protect my beautiful car...
Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush2112
I got a quote today from Raja here in Northern Va. for the following

The full hood, full front bumpers, full fenders, headlights, mirrors, trunk lip (top of bumper), and behind the door handles for about 1,250 before tax with XPEL Ultimate. He also will wash the car, clay it and then clean it before putting the clear bra on. Estimate will be about 10-12 hours for my car, provided there are no issues with the film. He will not let it leave his shop until it's 100% perfect. He will also go over with me on how to maintain it after I leave his shop so it will last for as long as I own the car.

you can't beat that kind of service.
That almost sounds to good to be true. I paid $1300 for full hood and full front fenders. It took the installer about 2hrs to do the job. If you trust the guy to intall the correct material and do all the other things you mention than go for it. make sure he wraps the the Xpel around the edge of the hood and trunk lid otherwise it will not look as goos as it should.

Quick Reply: 3M clear bra