Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 2.0/CVT

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 2.0/CVT

I can't find the other thread I had started on this subject - so I hope most don't mind the new thread.

I am still considering this model in order to get into the A6 at a price point = to the BMW 328. However, it's not the 2.0 engine that is holding me back but the CVT. I know someone else in Europe responded last week that they have had no problems with this model; however, he is operating the TDI engine - which is different. Anyway, all I am trying to do is to determine if the CVT made for the 2012 A6 has been improved upon from prior models or whether it's the same old CVT that many Audi customers have had problems with over the years.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here are some owners of Audis who had experience problem with the CVT. I see some 2010 CVT are still having problems.

http://www.audi-forums.com/b6-forum/...roblems-2.html
Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Here are some owners of Audis who had experience problem with the CVT. I see some 2010 CVT are still having problems.

http://www.audi-forums.com/b6-forum/...roblems-2.html
Thanks for the response. Actually, only one person with a 2010 model had problems and another person indicated that what the person was experiencing was normal. I need to do more research but it would be great to hear from some 2011 or later owners who have this transmission.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CVT used is not the same as the older cars. It's a newer version and is totally redesigned. Only the B8 A4/A5 and C7 A6 use it, so you can't compare older model issues to it.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ezveedub
The CVT used is not the same as the older cars. It's a newer version and is totally redesigned. Only the B8 A4/A5 and C7 A6 use it, so you can't compare older model issues to it.
Thank you - that is what I have been trying to find out.

I don't care about doing 0-60 in 5 seconds and with the 2.0 engine it would be around 7 1/2 - which is sufficient for us. I think the car is a great buy for the mid-40s (premium plus) but I was just worried about the CVT. Now, I have to try and find one to test drive.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am also looking at purchasing a Prem+ with a 2.0T. Drove a couple demos in the last two weeks and I'm in love with that car. The problem is that there are not many to chose from here. I am going back to the dealer tomorrow to see what I can find.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Neurobit
I am also looking at purchasing a Prem+ with a 2.0T. Drove a couple demos in the last two weeks and I'm in love with that car. The problem is that there are not many to chose from here. I am going back to the dealer tomorrow to see what I can find.
Well at least you got a chance to test drive a few - where I live on the California Central Coast I only have two dealers near me - and both are 75 miles away - and their only inventory is 3.0! I will have to go down to the LA Valley next week - about 2 hours away to find one.

Out of curiosity - what did you think of the 2.0 power and what did you think of the transmission (I have driven a 3.0 so after that basically everything is the same - except quattro which I don't need).
Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by palermo22
Well at least you got a chance to test drive a few - where I live on the California Central Coast I only have two dealers near me - and both are 75 miles away - and their only inventory is 3.0! I will have to go down to the LA Valley next week - about 2 hours away to find one.

Out of curiosity - what did you think of the 2.0 power and what did you think of the transmission (I have driven a 3.0 so after that basically everything is the same - except quattro which I don't need).
Power & Transmission felt great. I, like you was a little apprehensive so I wanted to test drive one to make sure if would not be too anemic. It isn't.

Plenty of power, specially pick up when entering freeways, etc, so I hope I can find a color combination that I like and make the deal.
Also, mileage is truly epic for this type of vehicle if you consider that it gets better MPGs than a Passat.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Neurobit
Hello - just wondering how your search is going in trying to find a 2.0.

Also, as we are half way through the 2012 cycle - does anyone have any idea what we can expect for 2013 Will everything remain the same - is there a chance they could add HP to the 2.0 engine or perhaps add an 8 speed transmission? When did the earliest 2012 A6 go on sale and can we expect similar timing on the 2013?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Did the B8 A4 owners have any problems with it then is the question.

Quick Reply: A6 2.0/CVT