Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 2.0/CVT

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by opus360
Did the B8 A4 owners have any problems with it then is the question.
I just posted a querry on that forum to determine if anyone has had problems.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm considering the CVT too and would appreciate any responses on them.

I test drove one with the sport package so it helped to "shift the gears." I know they aren't really gears, but as far as I'm concerned once you remove the 3rd pedal you're not really shifting gears on the 3.0 either. And I know mechanically I'm wrong--just how my mind processes it.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just bought one yesterday.
Prem + with side assist / cold weather pgk / 19" sport pkg.

Couldn't be happier. Vehicle fits my needs and strikes the right balance of power, handling, and fuel economy.

I don't feel that the engine is under-powered at all. Granted, it's not a speed demon but that's not the reason I've bought a sedan to begin with.
Transmission feels just right, and with the sport pkg have Triptronic at my disposal if I want to have more control and a sportier feel.

Amazed at how technologically packed this thing is. An engineering marvel.

Neurobit
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Neurobit
I just bought one yesterday.
Prem + with side assist / cold weather pgk / 19" sport pkg.

Couldn't be happier. Vehicle fits my needs and strikes the right balance of power, handling, and fuel economy.

I don't feel that the engine is under-powered at all. Granted, it's not a speed demon but that's not the reason I've bought a sedan to begin with.
Transmission feels just right, and with the sport pkg have Triptronic at my disposal if I want to have more control and a sportier feel.

Amazed at how technologically packed this thing is. An engineering marvel.

Neurobit
You will have to keep us posted with how the car performs as you pile on the mileage. How much over list did you pay and what color did you get?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by palermo22
Hello - just wondering how your search is going in trying to find a 2.0.

Also, as we are half way through the 2012 cycle - does anyone have any idea what we can expect for 2013 Will everything remain the same - is there a chance they could add HP to the 2.0 engine or perhaps add an 8 speed transmission? When did the earliest 2012 A6 go on sale and can we expect similar timing on the 2013?

Thanks
Based on previous years, I would guess that the 2013's will be available to order around the beginning of June with first delivery likely by August.
I'm on line to trade in my B8.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW, is the suspension system of a FWD and AWD A6 the same or different? I am interested in knowing the difference in ride quality and handling characteristics. Any feedback especially on ride quality between the two is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

You will have to keep us posted with how the car performs as you pile on the mileage. How much over list did you pay and what color did you get?
Palermo,

Bought it off the lot since I believe I got a pretty good deal (they only had two 2.0Ts).

Got it for around $46,500 and change plus TTL (MSRP was around $50,500).
Color is Ice Silver with black interior and layered oak trim (which is a $500 option =O but love the look).

I also purchased Audi Care since I service at the dealer anyway.

I'll snap photos this weekend and post them here.

Thanks
Neurobit
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by opus360
BTW, is the suspension system of a FWD and AWD A6 the same or different? I am interested in knowing the difference in ride quality and handling characteristics. Any feedback especially on ride quality between the two is greatly appreciated.
I would think that the suspensions would be different due to the increased weight of the V6 engine, AWD tranny and rear differential.

Ride quality should be around the same and handling slightly better with the lesser weight and better distribution on the 2.0L FWD.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just posted a querry on that forum to determine if anyone has had problems.
I have a guy who works for me who has 2010 B8 A4 with the CVT box - failed a few weeks ago and had to have a new 'box amongst a few other bits. £4,000 of work apparently according to Audi - all under warranty. It lasted 45k miles.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I drove a 2.0T and 3.0 back to back today in some wet conditions and really noticed a difference in the ride. I like the CVT--it drives fine and meets really all of my needs, but literally in the parking lot just cruising slow I could feel a difference. Perhaps it was mental, but the 3.0 just felt tighter overall (both were in dynamic mode). On the road the power difference is pretty evident as well. If you keep the CVT in sport and use the paddles to keep the RPMs higher it is pretty responsive, but it's just not the 3.0. It's not really a fair comparison and the CVT is really not bad at all.

Quick Reply: A6 2.0/CVT