Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6/ C7 warranty claims

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Haha, The moment I saw that screen, I knew it was going to be trouble...wonder if they offer an "MMI Screen Only" warranty extension
Yeah, I hope Audi has several warehouses full of replacement parts as they are going to burn through them pretty quick.

I wish there was a VAG option to keep the screen closed.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine was just picked up this morning for some warranty repair. My rear passenger side seatbelt is not retracting nor tightening when someone is using it. After some one exits the rear seat, I noticed that the seat belt doesn't recoil back, it just stays loose.

Lets hope they can fix it! Until then, I was brought over a sweet A8 as my loaner car!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ndnuno
Lets hope they can fix it! Until then, I was brought over a sweet A8 as my loaner car!
I am dropping mine off for the 5k check. I would love to get an A8. I had an A7 last time. I wouldn't mind a q7 as that is the wifes next car. All my issues they will look at would cost $100 for a paid repair.

Problems I had already
Rear deck lid did not have access to the 3rd point latch for child seats. That fix would have been over $100. They broke my sunshade in the process and replaced it, that cost over $1k. HAHA.

The reality is, nothing will cost under $100 for our cars. At the stealership, they will not lift the car for under $140 I think it is now. The real question to ask is what repairs cost under $1k as my C5 had a 4th digit everytime I rolled her in there.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Tucker74

I wish there was a VAG option to keep the screen closed.
x2. Audi did not think that all the way through, there is a lot of unneccessary opening/closing of the screen that will undoubtedly shorten the service life of the unit.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Grapeking
x2. Audi did not think that all the way through, there is a lot of unneccessary opening/closing of the screen that will undoubtedly shorten the service life of the unit.
I assure you they have complete MTBF statistics. Just about everything fails at 65K miles and whatever is left fails at 105K. The moral of the story is "Be sure to get Audi Care."

Toward the end, my C6 was costing me enough every MONTH that repairs were over $3K. She had just returned from the shop a few days before I pulled the trigger on the A8, pretty much the ONLY reason why I didn't custom order a fully loaded A8 NWB or an S8.

On the drive to the dealer, she threw a headlight dipped fault, a TPMS fault, a low oil warning and an EPC. That pretty much convinced me that trading her in was a good idea after all.

I had every intention of keeping that car forever, but as sentimental as I am, there are limits.

As long as I can afford it, I will continue to drive Audi's. They're worth a little frustration. Yet, I'll never keep one over 100K or without a comprehensive warranty plan again. Total repairs and maintenance over 8 years was pretty close to the initial sticker of the car!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had issues with nav, media and google maps. After software upgrade and continued issues entire MMI module had to be replaced. All is well now at 6K....that would have been an expensive one!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wilfred2k5
The moral of the story is "Be sure to get Audi Care."
Not to be too picky, but I'm sure you meant an extended warranty. Audi Care covers scheduled maintenance only, which in any case, is usually only active during the manf. warranty period.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
2 Issues, both fixed under warranty

1) Center Console cover came off(clips broken) -> Replaced (@ 15 Miles)

2) MMI Screen was jerky while opening/closing -> Dealer replaced gears for screen, no opening/closing smoothly (@ 17000 miles)

Both of these, if not under warranty, will cost more than $100
Forgot to mention #3, which is a big one...The paint on the front right of my C7 was not applied properly at the manufacturer and resulted in a defective finish.

The visible elements of this defect were 1)what looked like some sort of particle under the paint on the front right fender over the wheel-well & 2) Huge water spot issue from the 'SuperCharged' badge to the middle of the front passenger door because of issues with the clearcoat.

This was verified by the Audi USA Regional Rep for the LA Area.

If this wasn't covered by warranty, it wouldn't have been cheap to fix.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I currently have an A6 3.0 Premium Plus Quattro...second Audi in two years. I have been very disappointed with Audi. I won't go into all of the issues I had with my A5 Cabriolet, and I was so hopeful with the A6. So far with <6000 miles:
*Clips were left off during production to hold trunk interior together
*MMI system freezes up constantly
*Front windshield has really back imperfections in the glass that causes wavy scenery
*LED Taillight has already gone out
*Steering wheel moans and groans above 70 degree temps
*Downshifting is very jerky. Even happens when I first turn on car
*Passenger seat end cap busted off (and i rarely have passengers)
*Child seat anchor caps did not fit properly

I have a few more...but thats enough...right. Some of the things they have fixed, others they say they can't replicate...so now I have videos that I shot with my iPhone with the issues. Coming from an Infiniti M35 that rarely had issues, this hasn't been a good experience.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I took my car in to have the windshield replaced, my service manager asked if I've experienced any lags with bluetooth syncing as well as the MMI issue. He mentioned that a new TSB was just released this week with a software update that should fix these issues. Just a heads up. I should hopefully have my car back by Friday and will report back.

Quick Reply: A6/ C7 warranty claims