Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6: Drove one, ordered one !

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A6: Drove one, ordered one !

I have decided to jump into the world of Audi ! After driving the 535xi and the E350, I choose the A6. I checked with dealers within 200 mies to no avail... Means a custom build. I ordered:

Phantom Black
Nougat Interior
Prestige Pkg
Audi Side Assist
Cold Weather Pkg
LED headlights
18" Sport Pkg
Dark Walnut trim

Anticipated delivery is not until December 2011 (5.5 months away). Corporate pricing gave me 8% off MSRP. If I can get added to the VIP list at work, I can get a full 10% off MSRP. Gives me a few months to convince HR !
Old 08-24-2011, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If I were you, I would look further even across the country for a car that is closest to the spec you want, then have it shipped to your local dealer. I could never wait for almost half of a year for a car even if it was s super car.

If I want a car, I want to drive it now!

But hey, congrats on your order, though.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo, congrats on the jump!

I got rid of my Lexus after driving the A6. I went to drive the A7 and felt it was too big. You will love it!

I am surprised that you can't find one. My local dealers had 10 to 15 in stock. I live in Northern VA.

Here is what I love about the car.

Fast - faster than my is350 or very close for a much bigger car.
Firm - sports package with 20" wheels allows me to feel the road
Looks - I got so many complements on the aggressive look of the prestige s-line with full LED lights
Interior - I feel like I am in some high tech star ship

Con - none other than it cost $65+

Oh well, I make money to spend it right?

check out my pictures too.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutobahnA6
I have decided to jump into the world of Audi ! After driving the 535xi and the E350, I choose the A6. I checked with dealers within 200 mies to no avail... Means a custom build. I ordered:

Phantom Black
Nougat Interior
Prestige Pkg
Audi Side Assist
Cold Weather Pkg
LED headlights
18" Sport Pkg
Dark Walnut trim

Anticipated delivery is not until December 2011 (5.5 months away). Corporate pricing gave me 8% off MSRP. If I can get added to the VIP list at work, I can get a full 10% off MSRP. Gives me a few months to convince HR !
They usually add a liitle padding to the delivery dates. I ordered mine mid-July and I was told to expect it at the end of October. Yesterday I found out it has passed all factory inspections and is being sent to the departure port. I don' t know how long it will take to get here but I am hoping that it's earlier than the end of October.
In your case 5.5 months sounds excessive. You should check with other dealers who maybe still have allocation for November delivery.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on your decision! We have just passed 1100 miles and have been putting the car through its paces. Pretty impressive!

I would HIGHLY recommend looking at the adaptive cruise control. That makes driving on a moderately crowded freeway a joy instead of a pain. It's one of the innovations that we have never had and now could hardly do without.

The engineer in me has to point out that December 1st is only 3 months and one week away from August 24th. So, unless you ordered the car back in the middle of July, you are really looking at a bit more than 3 months. Considering that it takes about 7 to 9 weeks after release to production for you to be able to actually take delivery, that doesn't seem too bad to me. (But we already have ours.) ;-)

For a point of reference, we ordered ours 5/23, it was released to production on 6/10, arrived at the dealer on 8/9 and we took delivery on 8/12.

Russ
Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did order this in July, it just took a while to find out the delivery date. Not sure why my car will take so long other than the excuse of Dark Walnut trim. If I had asked for brushed chrome, the delivery was much sooner.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anticipated delivery is not until December 2011 (5.5 months away). Corporate pricing gave me 8% off MSRP. If I can get added to the VIP list at work, I can get a full 10% off MSRP. Gives me a few months to convince HR ![/QUOTE]

We're ordering an A6 tomorrow and were also told 5months total time for delivery.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by psychodo
We're ordering an A6 tomorrow and were also told 5months total time for delivery.[/QUOTE]
Loved the car, liked it much better than the competition. Still deciding between Havana Black or phantom pearl black exterior, likely the beige interior. Anyone see an A6 in havana black? Live in the southwest, where it can get dusty at times but the I might sleeping alone if we get anything but a black tone!

10%of msrp sounds damn good...not getting anywhere near that.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by r1100rider
I would HIGHLY recommend looking at the adaptive cruise control. That makes driving on a moderately crowded freeway a joy instead of a pain. It's one of the innovations that we have never had and now could hardly do without.

Russ
Russ - I am trying to decide whether or not to order my vehicle with Adaptive Cruise. I commute each day on a heavily crowded expressway with speeds ranging from stop and go to 65 miles an hour. I know that the system brings the car to a full stop. Does it allow you to maintain a relatively close distance to the car in front of you in stop and go conditions? And, how quickly does it get back up to speed when the road opens back up?

-Steve
Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo
We're ordering an A6 tomorrow and were also told 5months total time for delivery.
Loved the car, liked it much better than the competition. Still deciding between Havana Black or phantom pearl black exterior, likely the beige interior. Anyone see an A6 in havana black? Live in the southwest, where it can get dusty at times but the I might sleeping alone if we get anything but a black tone!

10%of msrp sounds damn good...not getting anywhere near that.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind sharing the options and purchase pricing that you are getting?
If you do not want to put it in public and send me via DM, I would appreciate it.

I am in the boat for an A6 Prestige as well.
TIA

Quick Reply: A6: Drove one, ordered one !