Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6: Drove one, ordered one !

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antispam
Loved the car, liked it much better than the competition. Still deciding between Havana Black or phantom pearl black exterior, likely the beige interior. Anyone see an A6 in havana black? Live in the southwest, where it can get dusty at times but the I might sleeping alone if we get anything but a black tone!

10%of msrp sounds damn good...not getting anywhere near that.
Do you mind sharing the options and purchase pricing that you are getting?
If you do not want to put it in public and send me via DM, I would appreciate it.

I am in the boat for an A6 Prestige as well.
TIA[/QUOTE]

Only options we're adding are cold weather package (we live very close to Colorado), Phantom black paint and the 18" sport package. No way I was going for the $6000 stereo option and the innovation package wasn't interesting. I'll pm you the price
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by antispam
Loved the car, liked it much better than the competition. Still deciding between Havana Black or phantom pearl black exterior, likely the beige interior. Anyone see an A6 in havana black? Live in the southwest, where it can get dusty at times but the I might sleeping alone if we get anything but a black tone!

10%of msrp sounds damn good...not getting anywhere near that.
If you do not want to put it in public and send me via DM, I would appreciate it.

TIA[/QUOTE]

I saw the Havana Black up here. It has a greyish tint to the black in full sunlight, whereas the Phantom adds that spec of blue.

I'm getting the same options plus the Audi Side Assist. I have driven an Infinity with the Adaptive Cruise and do not like how the car speeds up and slows down by the 'idiots' driving in front of me...
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo

Only options we're adding are cold weather package (we live very close to Colorado), Phantom black paint and the 18" sport package. No way I was going for the $6000 stereo option and the innovation package wasn't interesting. I'll pm you the price
Thanks psychodo... The numbers will give me some idea on what to negotiate during purchase.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Welcome, good luck!
Jim
Old 09-06-2011, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AutobahnA6

TIA
I saw the Havana Black up here. It has a greyish tint to the black in full sunlight, whereas the Phantom adds that spec of blue.

I'm getting the same options plus the Audi Side Assist. I have driven an Infinity with the Adaptive Cruise and do not like how the car speeds up and slows down by the 'idiots' driving in front of me...[/QUOTE]

I'll be curious to see how you like the side assist. I also drove the Infiniti M, which was very nice but a just tick below the A6 imo. Had many positives, speed, interior, reliability but the A6 grabbed me more.

Thanks for the info on the colors, I was hesitant on the havana as some of the pics (and descriptions)noted a brown hue. The phantom black and velvet beige is what I went with!

Just ordered today..Very excited!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought Phantom black prem plus on lot in Des Moines for 1k over invoice three weeks ago. Like it more every day.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, it seems the target should be about $1k - $1.5K over invoice.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
Yes, it seems the target should be about $1k - $1.5K over invoice.
That's good to know, I should fall in that range easily. Their initial offer wasn't great but they came down fairly easily. I'm sure the bad economy doesn't make it easy to sell 50K+ cars.

@aerobat- which interior did you go with? Selection was limited at the dealer so I went with I could see. I live in the desert so black was out immediately.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo
Thanks for the info on the colors, I was hesitant on the havana as some of the pics (and descriptions)noted a brown hue. The phantom black and velvet beige is what I went with!
My havana def has a 'brown' hue to it, and I love it. I'd call it more of a bronze/gold/tobacco flek (hence the name 'havana'). You only see this in direct sunlight, otherwise it looks pitch black or very dark charcoal. The color combo w/ havana and velvet beige works perfectly and is the best color combo available if you ask me, but I'm biased
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BConly
My havana def has a 'brown' hue to it, and I love it. I'd call it more of a bronze/gold/tobacco flek (hence the name 'havana'). You only see this in direct sunlight, otherwise it looks pitch black or very dark charcoal. The color combo w/ havana and velvet beige works perfectly and is the best color combo available if you ask me, but I'm biased
That does sound like a great combo with the brown tones. I saw some pics today of havana black with the "nugat" interior..looked pretty good as well, but the nugat seems a bit to red for me.

Quick Reply: A6: Drove one, ordered one !