Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6: Drove one, ordered one !

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoke with the dealer today for an update on the ETA. Turns out that my new date in JANUARY 2012 ! Unfreakingbelieveable ! End of July was missed when I first went to dealer, then I got an August posting in the system, September MRP verification of 'want' to 'order' and today, October 11, I find out I can get my car next year... and that's a MAYBE

I'm told it's the sport steering wheel and the wood interior that are holding up my order... Sales manager is on vacation. Meanwhile, I am looking hard for my A6 dream somewhere else.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AutobahnA6
Spoke with the dealer today for an update on the ETA. Turns out that my new date in JANUARY 2012 ! Unfreakingbelieveable ! End of July was missed when I first went to dealer, then I got an August posting in the system, September MRP verification of 'want' to 'order' and today, October 11, I find out I can get my car next year... and that's a MAYBE

I'm told it's the sport steering wheel and the wood interior that are holding up my order... Sales manager is on vacation. Meanwhile, I am looking hard for my A6 dream somewhere else.
WTF??? How is that possible?? Someone else ordered the car this week and was given a December delivery! Sounds like your making the right move looking somewhere else. Are there any other nearby?
JEEZ!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I feel your pain

Feel your pain.

I ordered an A6 on June 23rd and was told it would be 75 days. Then, a month went by with no update, so I called the dealer to find out what the production week was and they said it hadn't been "pulled". Then they told me about the missing backup camera. A week later I heard about the wood inlays furthering the delay, then in the last two weeks it has become apparent that they don't have the heated, 3-spoke steering wheels which was likely to push my build date into December with a January delivery date, at the earliest.

Just told the dealer to cancel my order. Figured I might as well just wait for a 2013 order at this point since they will probably start building those in June 2012.

Disappointed because the A6 is an awesome car but sounds like there have just been too many supply issues to overcome, most of which sound like they were beyond Audi's control.

Best of luck to you on your order and hope they get it to you before January.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hope my order wont get delayed or I'll get 2013 too.

btw, i dont think there is heated 3 spoke steering wheel.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GotZillaR
hope my order wont get delayed or I'll get 2013 too.

btw, i dont think there is heated 3 spoke steering wheel.

Is it heated if you order both cold weather and sport package? or do you get a 4 spoke heated with paddles? Thought it was the former by previous posts.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Unreal!

OMG, that's horrible. Are there any cars in inventory your willing to drive, if it has at most of the things that you're looking for in you A6?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by psychodo
Is it heated if you order both cold weather and sport package? or do you get a 4 spoke heated with paddles? Thought it was the former by previous posts.

Yes, they do have a heated, 3-spoke steering wheel that you get if you order both a sport package and the cold weather package. They are running low on the 3-spoke wheels with/without heat.

They will get this all figured out but it may not be until early in 2012
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I cannot believe it - whatsup with Audi? Interesting that after they placed my order, the dealer called and told me that they recently expanded production capacity and are now caught up with their previous back log issues. He then gave me an early December delivery date for a car I just ordered. It's logical that certain equipment could cause a delay but still...sorry for the hassle and hope there's a resolution in your near future.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cavman
Yes, they do have a heated, 3-spoke steering wheel that you get if you order both a sport package and the cold weather package. They are running low on the 3-spoke wheels with/without heat.

They will get this all figured out but it may not be until early in 2012
i hope you are correct. I was going to order sports and cold weather packages till my dealer told me it comes with 4 spoke steering wheel if both are ordered. I'll check with my dealer again this weekend.

Quick Reply: A6: Drove one, ordered one !