Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 tops again!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A6 tops again!

This month's Car & Driver pits the New Lexus GS 350 Vs The A6. Seems like Lexus certainly stepped it up a notch, but fell a little short New GS exterior is still not to my tastes but an improvement overall.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I went to the dealer invite of the 2013 GS350 last week. The new GS350 is much improved, especially interior and handling wise. The new exterior design is a step backward in my opinion. Too many angles and the lines just dont flow like the A6.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
I went to the dealer invite of the 2013 GS350 last week. The new GS350 is much improved, especially interior and handling wise. The new exterior design is a step backward in my opinion. Too many angles and the lines just dont flow like the A6.
Agree..the exterior almost looks pieced together from different designers. Interior design looks nice from the pics but it seems smaller (more snug) than our 6
Old 02-03-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodo
Agree..the exterior almost looks pieced together from different designers. Interior design looks nice from the pics but it seems smaller (more snug) than our 6
I sat inside it at the unveil last August @ the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. From what I remember, it is actually pretty roomy about the same as the A6
Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with manishaudi that it is nice and roomy. I was able to sit inside one last year at the LA Food and Wine festival and the interior was quite impressive. The materials used was very good quality. I was also loving the big 12" monitor. Still not a fan of the mouse for media interface. Have it on my RX and still don't like it after 18 months of ownership.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackz06
I agree with manishaudi that it is nice and roomy. I was able to sit inside one last year at the LA Food and Wine festival and the interior was quite impressive. The materials used was very good quality. I was also loving the big 12" monitor. Still not a fan of the mouse for media interface. Have it on my RX and still don't like it after 18 months of ownership.
I agree. Actually the 2013 GS was initially my first choice before I looked at the C7 A6. Then as I did my research, it pulled into the #1 spot, and the rest is history.

The only thing I am envious of in the new GS is the ability to use your phone's data connection for the car (talking with a dealer, it is done through bluetooth).
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

The 2013 GS definitely does look nice, but I still prefer the lighting and stance of the A6. The only possible place where I think the A6 could have been aesthetically improved is the rear lights. I feel like the A7 rear lights would have looked even better on the A6, but the current lighting is still pretty slick. Can't wait to get behind that wheel...
Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
I sat inside it at the unveil last August @ the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. From what I remember, it is actually pretty roomy about the same as the A6
Interesting. The article noted the A6 having more rear seat room (hard to believe with the AWD center hump) but the Lexus having better seats for the driver. Not opposed to Lexus, glad they are spicing up the GS a bit but the A6 lines are more attractive (to me).
Old 02-03-2012, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I spent a long time looking at Lexus IS cars before I discovered Audi's features.

Lexus makes a fine car but there are a few problem areas. One is the navigation screen. It craps out after a couple of years and cost a bundle to replace. They have the same problem with outdated GPS data.

Another problem is that they chew up the insides of the front tires. Multiple wheel alignments are necessary and one aftermarket vendor has developed new suspension pieces with additional adjust-ability.

The third thing is that they are a big name in the USA but not so much in the world market. They're trying to overcome the stigma of being a fancy Toyota instead of a stand alone company.

The GS is interesting but it does lack the high tech features found in the higher end Audi's. Is does have the big brakes, exhaust and suspension pieces available under the F-sport name.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure about the new GS, but the last gen had tons of rattle problems. My 08 GS350 spended months in the dealer's shop for rattles and in the end, both the dealer and I gave up. The rattles were not a isolated a problem, it was wide spread, especially in the colder regions.

Quick Reply: A6 tops again!