Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 tops again!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to update the Audi GPS data?

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I spent a long time looking at Lexus IS cars before I discovered Audi's features.

Lexus makes a fine car but there are a few problem areas. One is the navigation screen. It craps out after a couple of years and cost a bundle to replace. They have the same problem with outdated GPS data.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I put a deposit on new GS350 at Lexus dealer in Canada few months ago but across the street was the Audi dealer so I dropped by and saw new A62012 and fell in love.

I withdrew my deposit on GS350 and went for A6, it seems new GS have improved in many ways, mainly handling from reviews, but I do not think it will handle or has A6 power. Not to mention refined lines in A6 very classy exterior.

I still would test drive new GS350 but I can't be happier as I just got my A6 after 3 months wait. The GS-F sport seems to have good handling from reviews but what I like the most about A6 is that handling & power comes naturally no need for huge rear tires or too many tweaks in suspension. Price wise in Canada they are close, I also test drove F10 (BMW 535i) before deciding on A6, did not like its handling, so decided to keep my 2009 E60 535i as I could not trade it in for F10.

Overall I think new GS will have its success but I do not think will take a big bite from the usual top 3 (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) yet to be seen.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the GS350 vs A6 article on their website? Can't seem to find it, would love to check out what they have to say.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Taktix1
Is the GS350 vs A6 article on their website? Can't seem to find it, would love to check out what they have to say.
Don't see it..just got the magazine 2 days ago, so it might take a few days to get it up on the web
Old 02-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was a lifelong Toyota owner before buying my a7. I literally had always owned a Toyota or Lexus. My disappointment with the 2013 GS (I had a 99 GS 400) was the primary reason for going to Audi.

The telematics in the GS are much better than the last gen, but the mouse drives me crazy. I prefer touchscreens, but the touchpad works surprisingly well. And the linking between the voice recognition system and google makes voice work really well. I never search using the Audi on board database anymore.

I wish I could tether as well, at least as an option, but pooled data packages are coming, so I think that won't be as bad as it is right now, and will allow smartphone apps to talk to the car when I am not in it, which is nice for remote start, location finding and a bunch of other items.

The drivetrain in the GS is just a normally aspirated 6. The a7 supercharged 6 feels much more powerful than the v8 I had in my current GS, and gets better gas mileage too. In sport mode it feels very muscular.

The looks of the new GS are ok, but I agree the Audi looks better. Quattro is nice, but I would not have moved to Audi for it.

I am pleased with my decision, but it's nice to see Toyota taking more risks. The GS doesn't move ahead enough though. In this market, everyone is advancing pretty quickly these days, just look at the ford fusion and even some of the Korean car makers. I hope Toyota gets their act together - competition is great for consumers!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It seems like Lexus is always one step behind the leaders, but I guess thats the price to paid for reliability.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I posted this ranking in separate thread, but A6 ranks #1 overall out of 14 vehicles:
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...rucks/Audi_A6/
I agree with A6 ranking after having car for 1 week now, very refined and smooth. For other car rankings some may not agree with,but well deserved #1 for A6.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Only one negative that I can see with Audi is their decision to lock the data only to TMobile whereas GS appears to allow internet access via any smartphone. Also, they seem to have some nice apps like Pandora already in the console. Although neither will make me switch ever to Lexus from Audi, but still will hope Audi allows us to connect via our phones..in one of their software updates. I can dream, can't I?
Old 02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Only one negative that I can see with Audi is their decision to lock the data only to TMobile whereas GS appears to allow internet access via any smartphone. Also, they seem to have some nice apps like Pandora already in the console. Although neither will make me switch ever to Lexus from Audi, but still will hope Audi allows us to connect via our phones..in one of their software updates. I can dream, can't I?
Hopefully someone with a Euro-Spec A6 can confirm this...I heard that they can share the internet connection through the use of rSAP technology in Nokia phones. Since it seems like a software issue, I hope we will be able to find some way of taking advantage of this in the US
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Hopefully someone with a Euro-Spec A6 can confirm this...I heard that they can share the internet connection through the use of rSAP technology in Nokia phones. Since it seems like a software issue, I hope we will be able to find some way of taking advantage of this in the US
+1

Quick Reply: A6 tops again!