Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 - Where Do You Go From Here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 - Where Do You Go From Here?

Don't get me wrong, I love the A6 after only a few months but the itch is starting to kick in, probably due to a few options I had neglected to think of on my first Audi purchase (blame in on newbie experience).

So, where do you go from the A6? A7 next? S6? A8? Newer model A6?

Like to hear some journeys of previous/current A6 owners.

Thanks,
Old 08-14-2016, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 917 Likes on 750 Posts

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. It really does pay to fully option our cars, do the sway bar upgrade and upgrade to season dedicated tires. Good luck and have fun looking for the new ride!
Old 08-14-2016, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Mine is not going anywhere in the near future. However, I do often ponder what will be next as I am now completely spoiled in my expectations as to what a car should be. I do not have an answer and find myself pondering this quite frequently. A newer A6, an S series, something else? I'd love to hear some opinions.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thehaviet
Don't get me wrong, I love the A6 after only a few months but the itch is starting to kick in, probably due to a few options I had neglected to think of on my first Audi purchase (blame in on newbie experience).

So, where do you go from the A6? A7 next? S6? A8? Newer model A6?

Like to hear some journeys of previous/current A6 owners.

Thanks,
I would say, since there isn't very much benefit in going newer than your current 2016, therefore that would put you in S6 / S8 territory as the next logical alternative

On the other hand, although those are indeed extremely nice, I will be honest with you, if you are feeling antsy already, and believe your car to be somehow inadequate, I seriously doubt any other car is likely to fill that need. Probably not an S6, maybe not even an S8. Maybe you are just overthinking it

As it stands you have one of the nicest vehicles ever created (imho )

If it doesn't feel responsive to you then I can pretty much guarantee that not much else will either.
You can test drive an S8 with its 550hp engine, but the immediate response off idle is not the equal of the 3.0T, that little engine just takes right off.

As to all the other options? meh, certainly not worth trading yours in for this early.

Your best bet is to test drive everything else from time to time, this may remind you of why you made the choice you made (if not then at least you will know what your next car is ).

p.s. Personally I recommend an Alfa Romeo 4C. I have one and it is wholly and completely impractical, in every way imaginable. But my-oh-my I never stop smiling in that thing.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

For me, S6 any day and twice on Sunday. I've had an A6 3.0 as my first Audi and it was a near perfect car (aside from some issues with it being CPO and the previous life of it). Now, in the 600 miles orso that I've had it, the S6 just takes that near perfect car and makes it godlike. The rumble and sheer power of the V8, the sport seats, the bigger brakes and the adaptive suspension just make it what I feel the A6 should be (and actually can be optioned out this way in Europe). The US spec A6 has the great 3.0 engine but lacks in seat quality (even prestige) and not being able to get air suspension is a huge miss. The S6 makes up for all of that for me and is hands down the best car I've (ever) owned. However, like I said, the A6 is a near perfect car and if you're already 'over it' just a few months in I'm afraid it will be hard to find anything that won't disappoint in one way or another.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do like everything on my A6. I think the one thing I think about is the visibility of the car. I've been tempted many times into looking at a truck or SUV that gives the same power and luxury, albeit less handling, etc.

Also, Texas roads are less than stellar, so that also affected my desire.

Range Rover Supercharged and a Limited RAM was something I looked at real closely - but then the gas mileage was a bit of a killer.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If anything probably an A8 4.0 whenever the new A8 comes out and then the previous models drop in price. But I am completely happy with our A6s.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

The new A6 competition is a nice choice. Pretty much an S6 but with the 3.0T instead. The A8 3.0T has some nice incentives on it now.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The new A6 competition is a nice choice. Pretty much an S6 but with the 3.0T instead. The A8 3.0T has some nice incentives on it now.
There will be a significant depreciation hit disposing of an A6 only a year old. For me, I'm not going anywhere. My car looks like new after 4 years, has all the toys I desire and runs great. With any luck, it will be with me for some time to come.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
There will be a significant depreciation hit disposing of an A6 only a year old. For me, I'm not going anywhere. My car looks like new after 4 years, has all the toys I desire and runs great. With any luck, it will be with me for some time to come.
I agree, but I've seen plenty of people lose 10+k, to get out of a car they don't want. You are correct that a year old A6 will have a pretty significant depreciation hit.

Quick Reply: A6 - Where Do You Go From Here?