Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 - Where Do You Go From Here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

During my searches, I was surprised how many < 1 yr old CPOs I saw with couple thousand miles for sale around here that were NOT dealer loaners. I cannot imagine dropping that much $$$ on a car only to dispose of it that quickly but it's also not my money so...

Part of the reason is I think many folks out there impulse buy and don't do their research (or don't care to). Thanks to forums like these however, it's amazing how much info you can find before even going to the dealership. Between that and spending a good afternoon (or two) test driving all the options I think today's buyers are in a really good shape to inform themselves and make the right decision and avoid having regrets later.

Last edited by Tinbad; 08-15-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The new A6 competition is a nice choice. Pretty much an S6 but with the 3.0T instead. The A8 3.0T has some nice incentives on it now.
Yes, I am intrigued with the A6 comp!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Yes, I am intrigued with the A6 comp!
I really like it but the pricing doesn't seems very 'competitive' ha ($9k over a 'regular' 3.0, yet only $3k away from an S6) - I feel like it should be more the other way?

https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/pre...a6-competition
Old 08-15-2016, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinbad
I really like it but the pricing doesn't seems very 'competitive' ha ($9k over a 'regular' 3.0, yet only $3k away from an S6) - I feel like it should be more the other way?

The A6 comp has the sport differential standard where the S6 requires the sport package, so there is a slightly larger price gap than $3k.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
The A6 comp has the sport differential standard where the S6 requires the sport package, so there is a slightly larger price gap than $3k.
Good point, also seems that Competition is only available in Prestige trim so that brings the price difference down even more from a regular 3.0. I take my words back.

"The new 3.0T competition model (based on Prestige trim with additional sport hardware) features an eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive with a sport differential that can produce 340 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque and comes equipped with black optic package and standard sport suspension."

Old 08-15-2016, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

During my searches, I was surprised how many < 1 yr old CPOs I saw with couple thousand miles for sale around here that were NOT dealer loaners. I cannot imagine dropping that much $$$ on a car only to dispose of it that quickly but it's also not my money so...
Some of those cars are purchased by companies for corporate use and they turn them over after a year. Then they write off the depreciation and buy another.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by thehaviet
Don't get me wrong, I love the A6 after only a few months but the itch is starting to kick in, probably due to a few options I had neglected to think of on my first Audi purchase (blame in on newbie experience).

So, where do you go from the A6? A7 next? S6? A8? Newer model A6?

Like to hear some journeys of previous/current A6 owners.

Thanks,
4.0t in whichever car you like best. I just picked up a 2013 A8L. My previous car was a D3 A8L and I just couldn't deal with the smaller less comfortable interior in the small cars. I didn't need an L but couldn't find a SWB with the interior color I wanted. But the 4.0t is an absolute beast. Go drive one.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 917 Likes on 750 Posts

Part of the reason is I think many folks out there impulse buy and don't do their research (or don't care to)..
Sad but true.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

The OP (who hasn’t replied to or reacted to any of the answers to his/her initial post) asked "So, where do you go from the A6?" For me it could be a lot of different cars. Every time my 3-year lease is up I look at a wide range of alternative cars – there are so many really good cars on the road these days, some being built by brands I never knew 30 years ago. I am less than a year into my 2016 A6, but am already starting to explore. So far a few alternatives I am thinking of are: Mazda Miata, M-B C Coupe, new Buick Lacrosse, Subaru BRZ, Nissan Frontier and Ford Mustang. I live alone and have no need for hauling a lot at this point in my life so a smaller car could do, at the same time I like the feel of driving an A6-sized car. With no wife to steer me toward what makes sense I am always thinking “maybe change this time.” That being said this in my 3rd A6 since 2010 – so the smart bet would likely be on another similarly sized Audi – maybe a B9 A4 or another A6. Then again, maybe it is time for something really different like a Mustang GT or the Frontier – we’ll see.

Last edited by irenesbob; 08-15-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Competiton also, and if I were buying a new one now I think I'd have to consider it. The one downside I mentioned earlier is I don't believe you can get it with ventilated seats and the diamond stitching, although I'm not positive. But the other thing that I wish it had but I don't believe it does is the air/adjustable suspension

Quick Reply: A6 - Where Do You Go From Here?