Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

After long wait, A6 finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After long wait, A6 finally here!

First off just wanna say thanks to everyone who has contributed in the forums with their experiences/inputs/reviews/tips/photos on the new A6. I gotta admit I was not that big a fan when it first came out and greatly preferred the A7's looks, but somehow after seeing a few of both my preferences changed. I actually prefer the looks of the prestige A6 with the 20"s and LEDs over a loaded A7 (Base model A7 looks better than a base A6 imo).

After comparing the A6 3.0T to the 535 rwd (I don't need awd) it was a no-brainer the A6 was the better choice. I didn't even bother testing the E350, I've had one as a rental with only 2k miles and wasn't impressed.

I based my decision with the options as such:

- Coming from two previous Audi sedans, one of which I still own, I know that the SLine body kit is a must.

- My current B7 A4 is ibis white with black/aluminum interior so I decided to change it up and go with Phantom black/velvet beige.

- Any luxury car commanding north of 50 grand should have power folding mirrors. So side assist is a must not to mention the added safety of blind spot detection and pres-sense rear, a bargain at $500

- The bixenons look great on the car but the LED are the unique factor that adds that exclusivity to the A6/A7/A8 models. I would even say the LEDs look better lit and unlit on the A6 than on the A7 and A8. The turn signal led strip looks amazing!!

- Imo the best inlay combos are either layered oak with beige, aluminum with black, walnut with titanium or ash with nougat.

So in short I wanted: Phantom black/Velvet Beige/Oak wood inlays/LED headlights/20" sport package/Side assist

So back in January I couldn't find an A6 with the exact options I wanted and went ahead with the made-to-order delivery option. It sucks that I had to wait for three long months but now that it's here I can't wait to pick it up!

So as I gather I should:
- Ask for red AMI cable
- Not expect a CD changer - but $350 credit
- Check and see if the common wind noise coming from driver window problem is present
- Hope for Pirelli tires instead of the loud Goodyears
- Upgrade bose subwoofer in the near future
- Enjoy the A6

Am I missing anything?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations!! one item to check
- Visually inspect all around car and look for any spots on windhshield, hopefully none but in my case I was excited to pick up car and same night I noticed a crack in windshield. Dealer claimed I got hit with rock but I did not hear anything. So it could have been there when I took delivery and did not notice. Beautiful color, Enjoy!!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You made some great choices with your car...I also believe Prestige or S-line is a must with this car.

I think you will be the first on the forums with the layered oak inlays.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Stuff! Can't wait to see pics

my first Audi.... Every car I've ever owned (mostly Acura) need to be fully loaded, or at least well equipped. If you don't get the high end model, you will regret it later!

i dont even like the A7... the front is pretty aggressive, but its ruined by the back of the car IMHO... Interior, and all components are identical. So aside from being $10k less, it looks better!