Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Airbag Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag Warning Light

Has anyone had there airbag warning light come on and stay on? Mine is now on and not going off any idea's?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I experienced the exact same problem 3 weeks ago. When I picked up my car on delivery day, the airbag warning light turned on and would not pass inspection in Massachusetts due to the error code.

It took my dealer about 4 hours to repair. The airbag light comes on for the driver's seat, however, the problem was a small connection from the PASSENGER side airbag and not the driver's bag. They had to take down the headliner trim and re-connect the factory connection for the passenger bag. The wire was located behind the front edge of the trim near the area that the rear view mirror attaches.

The shop only found a generic failure code and not a code that specified the error. They believe it is a manufacturing floor issue. MIne has been good ever since the fix and headliner/trim looks great. Cannot tell they had to go into it.

Best of luck, VG :-)
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AutobahnA6
Yes, I experienced the exact same problem 3 weeks ago. When I picked up my car on delivery day, the airbag warning light turned on and would not pass inspection in Massachusetts due to the error code.

It took my dealer about 4 hours to repair. The airbag light comes on for the driver's seat, however, the problem was a small connection from the PASSENGER side airbag and not the driver's bag. They had to take down the headliner trim and re-connect the factory connection for the passenger bag. The wire was located behind the front edge of the trim near the area that the rear view mirror attaches.

The shop only found a generic failure code and not a code that specified the error. They believe it is a manufacturing floor issue. MIne has been good ever since the fix and headliner/trim looks great. Cannot tell they had to go into it.

Best of luck, VG :-)
Thanks alot.... I also was informed by my wife there was some kind of rushing water sound in the rear of the vehicle. This morning the rear passenger side floor is soaked.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry for the water issue. I have noticed that my daughter does not close her back door easily (she's 9). I've done a good job of training her to not slam the door... now I just need to get it closed (we dont' have easy close doors in the US). Could that have been an issue? Best of luck getting that sorted out.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AutobahnA6
Sorry for the water issue. I have noticed that my daughter does not close her back door easily (she's 9). I've done a good job of training her to not slam the door... now I just need to get it closed (we dont' have easy close doors in the US). Could that have been an issue? Best of luck getting that sorted out.
Well I have a US Spec Vehicle. The doors are closed pretty good. I checked the floor this evening it's almost to the point of standing there. I mean it is soaked.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by coachsnacs
Well I have a US Spec Vehicle. The doors are closed pretty good. I checked the floor this evening it's almost to the point of standing there. I mean it is soaked.
Hmm..that's odd, I don't have any water sloshing around. I assume you are taking it to the dealer, I wonder what they will do about it?

The only "issue" I have had so far is my brakes intermittenly make a minor vibration/wobble noise that is felt only when depressing the brakes firmly (I don't know how else to describe it). I hope this goes away after break in....I only have about 300 miles on the car so far.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It could be from the sunroof drain. Maybe a hose is dislodged and leaking inside. I don't know the car well enough to tell you where to look. It could also be coming in from the trunk.

They might have to remove the rugs to dry them properly. You don't want mold growing - you'll never get rid of it.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
It could be from the sunroof drain. Maybe a hose is dislodged and leaking inside. I don't know the car well enough to tell you where to look. It could also be coming in from the trunk.

They might have to remove the rugs to dry them properly. You don't want mold growing - you'll never get rid of it.

It has now moved up to the front passenger side front and rear. I am clueless on this matter. Tomorrow I am off and will be taking it into the Audi dealer and hopefully it get's resolved in a timely and painless manner.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

It has now moved up to the front passenger side front and rear. I am clueless on this matter. Tomorrow I am off and will be taking it into the Audi dealer and hopefully it get's resolved in a timely and painless manner.
Good Luck!! Keep us posted...
Old 01-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by darcivic00si
Good Luck!! Keep us posted...
Well I should have more to tell on Monday or Tuesday.
On my trip to Berlin today I must have passed about 15 A6's. I so wish I was driving my car.

Quick Reply: Airbag Warning Light