Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Another 2013 Soon at hand...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 2013 Soon at hand...

Just got an update from my dealer today - the car will be hitting port in Georgia on the 16th, and should be up for delivery at the end of the month! It's a couple of weeks sooner than they thought a little while ago, so I'm pretty happy about that!

Does anybody have the early July boat schedule and can figure out which boat is landing on/near the 16th in Brunswick, GA? The current schedule up on the logistics website is already updated with the earliest ship -leaving- Emden on the 16th...
Old 07-13-2012, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Nyuni - I checked the schedule I had for early July but unfortunately, it only goes to a Brunswick ship with a 7/9 arrival - too early for your ship. I guess you could call the tel numbers shown on the schedule and take a chance that Ingrid or Katrin would be willing to give you the ship info. If you can get the ship name, you can track it parts of the way online as you prob know. Allow for the time difference if you call.

FWIW, my A6 took 12 days to clear port and released to the carrier (and that was with some extra hi level pushing and shoving). I guess cars are stacked up at the ports right now. Rockwoodme from Maine is still waiting for his car and it arrived on the same ship as mine over 2 weeks ago - I've had mine for a week. (My dealer is 45 min from the port in RI which helped in transport time).

Two weeks from port arrival is certainly possible with truck/train from Brunswick back up to Baltimore but be prepared that it could take a bit longer than 2 weeks from ship arrival (not what you want to hear, I'm sure). On the other hand, Brunswick is a different port than Davisville, RI and perhaps the backup is not as bad there. Another factor as I was told was Audi placed a hold on releases as there were too many 2012's still on dealer lots. (This would prob explain why the Audi US website does not yet show 2013 A6/A7 models). This hold, as well, could have changed since last week.

I do really wish you the best of luck. I can say that so far, at least for me, it was worth the wait. Best of 4 Audis I've owned, hands down. Outside of a few unexplained MMI freeze issues requiring resets, it's been problem free so far.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Nyuni - I checked the schedule I had for early July but unfortunately, it only goes to a Brunswick ship with a 7/9 arrival - too early for your ship. I guess you could call the tel numbers shown on the schedule and take a chance that Ingrid or Katrin would be willing to give you the ship info. If you can get the ship name, you can track it parts of the way online as you prob know. Allow for the time difference if you call.

FWIW, my A6 took 12 days to clear port and released to the carrier (and that was with some extra hi level pushing and shoving). I guess cars are stacked up at the ports right now. Rockwoodme from Maine is still waiting for his car and it arrived on the same ship as mine over 2 weeks ago - I've had mine for a week. (My dealer is 45 min from the port in RI which helped in transport time).

Two weeks from port arrival is certainly possible with truck/train from Brunswick back up to Baltimore but be prepared that it could take a bit longer than 2 weeks from ship arrival (not what you want to hear, I'm sure). On the other hand, Brunswick is a different port than Davisville, RI and perhaps the backup is not as bad there. Another factor as I was told was Audi placed a hold on releases as there were too many 2012's still on dealer lots. (This would prob explain why the Audi US website does not yet show 2013 A6/A7 models). This hold, as well, could have changed since last week.

I do really wish you the best of luck. I can say that so far, at least for me, it was worth the wait. Best of 4 Audis I've owned, hands down. Outside of a few unexplained MMI freeze issues requiring resets, it's been problem free so far.
From what I've read and heard, it seems that Brunswick tends to process "sold" cars very quickly - and the dealer seemed to be pretty confident in the 'last week of July' quote. If it gets into port on the 16th, I can certainly see it cleared and onto a truck - It only takes a day from Brunswick to here and this is a fairly large market, so I can imagine a single truck would be loaded with nothing but Baltimore area orders/allocations.

Not super disappointed if there's a slip, but it seems like things are moving along fairly well at this point! Hey - you think you could snap a picture of what the 360 camera looks like?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't have the Innovation package which is required for the 360 camera. I believe it's similar to the backup camera screen but with split screen views from a photo I saw somewhere.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I don't have the Innovation package which is required for the 360 camera. I believe it's similar to the backup camera screen but with split screen views from a photo I saw somewhere.
Aw, drat. For some reason I thought you had it. I've seen 360 cameras on other cars, so I can imagine what it's like.

Guess I'll have to make sure I get some pics of it for the forum here when I take delivery!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a video on youtube showing what the 360 camera view looks like on the MMI screen. There appears to be some distortion and they show it while the car is going through the car wash.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think it looks fairly good. Multiple views, split screens, frontal and rear views.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice - thanks for posting those videos! Looks like a decent system and setup - looking forward to trying it out for myself!