Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Another sob story of a hit A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another sob story of a hit A6

I remember reading through the forums before I picked up my car of more than a few people getting their A6's hit or broken into. Well, add my name to the list now. Car is not even 3 weeks young yet. I don't have pictures yet but it seems like someone reversed into my car from their driveway or something. My rear quarter panel and a small part of the rear door on the passenger side is scraped up. No note, no anything. Extremely pissed this morning... If anyone in the Northern VA area can recommend a body shop, please let me know. I'll post pictures when I get a chance. In the mean time, I'll be crying in the corner lol.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Taktix1
I remember reading through the forums before I picked up my car of more than a few people getting their A6's hit or broken into. Well, add my name to the list now. Car is not even 3 weeks young yet. I don't have pictures yet but it seems like someone reversed into my car from their driveway or something. My rear quarter panel and a small part of the rear door on the passenger side is scraped up. No note, no anything. Extremely pissed this morning... If anyone in the Northern VA area can recommend a body shop, please let me know. I'll post pictures when I get a chance. In the mean time, I'll be crying in the corner lol.
That sucks. My A4 got rear-ended about a month after I bought it, so I feel your pain. I used to live in NoVa and can recommend Wagonworks in Alexandria. They took care of the bumper and also replaced my driver's side mirror when it got taken off by a truck while parked on the street (btw, tuck in your mirrors if you ever park on-street in DC or Alexandria). Your insurance company may gripe that Wagonworks charges more than other body shops, but it's worth it.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

WOW, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I was reading about it and my blood started to boil! How can people be not only careless but freaking rude as to not even leave a note. Come on, it is a BRAND NEW CAR that they are hitting. Just the thought of this happening to me just pisses me off so, I feel for you. Again, very sorry to hear.

I would suggest contacting your Audi dealer and ask them which shop they use for their repairs, most likely is a very good one and a Certified Audi shop. I did that when I had my A5 and the shop they recommended was THE BEST and they were Audi Certified. Unfortunately I live in NJ so, my only suggestion is ask the dealer.

Best of luck!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It should be easy to figure out whose driveway the car came out from and look for a car with rear bumper damage.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Feel your pain i had a post from may where my car got smashed, i believe in my case people dont see black cars, i have never in my life had so many people just pull in front or try and change lanes in front of me. Its crazy, yours is just some low life scumsucker doing you dirty
Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A6fan35
That sucks. My A4 got rear-ended about a month after I bought it, so I feel your pain. I used to live in NoVa and can recommend Wagonworks in Alexandria. They took care of the bumper and also replaced my driver's side mirror when it got taken off by a truck while parked on the street (btw, tuck in your mirrors if you ever park on-street in DC or Alexandria). Your insurance company may gripe that Wagonworks charges more than other body shops, but it's worth it.
I have heard good things about WagonWorks. I'm waiting for the Geico guy to come out and estimate the damage. So pissed right now can barely work...

Originally Posted by handyovi
WOW, I am sorry to hear about your experience. I was reading about it and my blood started to boil! How can people be not only careless but freaking rude as to not even leave a note. Come on, it is a BRAND NEW CAR that they are hitting. Just the thought of this happening to me just pisses me off so, I feel for you. Again, very sorry to hear.

I would suggest contacting your Audi dealer and ask them which shop they use for their repairs, most likely is a very good one and a Certified Audi shop. I did that when I had my A5 and the shop they recommended was THE BEST and they were Audi Certified. Unfortunately I live in NJ so, my only suggestion is ask the dealer.

Best of luck!
I actually got my car from NJ (Bell Audi to be exact). They were great btw. Thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by The G Man
It should be easy to figure out whose driveway the car came out from and look for a car with rear bumper damage.
Definitely crossed my mind. I will be looking like a hawk the next few days.

Originally Posted by dougpaper
Feel your pain i had a post from may where my car got smashed, i believe in my case people dont see black cars, i have never in my life had so many people just pull in front or try and change lanes in front of me. Its crazy, yours is just some low life scumsucker doing you dirty
hope your car was good as new after repair. I'm pretty sure my damage is all cosmetic, still pisses me off.

I'll post some pictures when I get home. It was such a weird feeling, I saw the damage and I almost didn't want to look at it, hoping that it'd just disappear. I actually didn't look at it for too long, I just hopped in and went to work. Don't think I've ever felt that way about a car before, then again, this has never happened to me when the car is so new. I literally just got my plates last friday.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default pics

Alright so here are the pics:

and after I got home and used some of my detailing supplies to try to clean it up as best I could:

Going to get an estimate tomorrow, any idea on how much I should expect the damage to be?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$1500ish ..my best guess
Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ouch! I feel the pain!

My A4 was in a hit and run last year (caught the perpetrators 3 months later), damaging the driver side door and front left fender.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The door might be repairable, but the Rear fender is definitely getting replaced (dents too close to the crease in the panel)

don't know what the costs are

EDIT
as far as shops go, try calling a few luxury dealerships and seeing who they all go to. Out here in California, 1 of my goto shops is used by the local Lexus, BMW, MB, Audi, Ferrari, Porsche, etc dealerships...and the people there are pretty nice.

Last edited by manishaudi; 04-16-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Another sob story of a hit A6