Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Another sob story of a hit A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my opinion, but I would make sure to use a certified Audi repair shop.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chucktown
Just my opinion, but I would make sure to use a certified Audi repair shop.
I have already contacted WagonWork in Alexandria and they say that they are a certified Audi repair shop. Waiting at the estimator right now to hear the $$$ damage. For people who have used/heard of WagonWork in NoVA, others have said Pohanka bought them out and they are no longer that great. Any thoughts?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taktix1
I have already contacted WagonWork in Alexandria and they say that they are a certified Audi repair shop. Waiting at the estimator right now to hear the $$$ damage. For people who have used/heard of WagonWork in NoVA, others have said Pohanka bought them out and they are no longer that great. Any thoughts?
They are owned by Pohanka. I don't know what they were like before, but they did a great job on my bumper damage. If you want a certified Audi Repair Shop that can work on Aluminum Space Frame, there isn't a whole lot of choices in the VA/MD/DC area. I had a bad experience at HBL Tyson's Corner with my last MB repair, so I take my car to WagonWorks even though HBL is only ~ 1 mile from my house.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear and see this!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xradman
They are owned by Pohanka. I don't know what they were like before, but they did a great job on my bumper damage. If you want a certified Audi Repair Shop that can work on Aluminum Space Frame, there isn't a whole lot of choices in the VA/MD/DC area. I had a bad experience at HBL Tyson's Corner with my last MB repair, so I take my car to WagonWorks even though HBL is only ~ 1 mile from my house.
Thanks for the vote of confidence for WagonWorks. I'm here now, they explained everything in great detail and seem great. My insurance quoted me $900 to fix and they seem to think it wouldn't be much more than that.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence for WagonWorks. I'm here now, they explained everything in great detail and seem great. My insurance quoted me $900 to fix and they seem to think it wouldn't be much more than that.
I decided to pull up my detailed estimate. Total was $3554. The paint was $558 including parts and labor. I imagine you may be able to get away with less since your whole door won't have to be replaced, which will allow them to blend the color on the rear door.

I hope you find the person that hit you. What a worthless individual.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to read of your damage Taktix1. Not sure where you're located but I've had good experience with Chantilly Auto Body as well. I've used Wagonworks a while back and they were good as well.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chucktown
I decided to pull up my detailed estimate. Total was $3554. The paint was $558 including parts and labor. I imagine you may be able to get away with less since your whole door won't have to be replaced, which will allow them to blend the color on the rear door.

I hope you find the person that hit you. What a worthless individual.
I hope so too. I leave for work pretty early in the morning so whoever it is def hit me late at night or early in the morning. Looking at my quote, it breaks down as follows:
Paint Supplies/Labor: $400
Body Labor: $450

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Sorry to read of your damage Taktix1. Not sure where you're located but I've had good experience with Chantilly Auto Body as well. I've used Wagonworks a while back and they were good as well.
I've had a few people recommend Chantilly Auto Body in person but I ended up taking it to WagonWorks as they were a certified Audi repair facility. Thanks for the info though!