Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Anyone get their software update to show album art

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
So just got denied twice by Audi USA they said there is no available software update. I know there is no scheduled update, but why is it physically not possible. Audi tired to decried i that way. That my car is uniquely capable of it's software version. I wanted to know specifically what supposedly makes it impossible but was not told at the time
Not to play devil's advocate, but it might now be possible as there may not be an update to install? Maybe people that are getting art are doing something different than what you are doing. Maybe it only works with certain media types. Not sure, just throwing out some ideas. If there is a way to get the MMI to display some sort of "about" page that tells version you could get that, and get another person to check and see if they have a different version.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tucker74
Jose, which dealer did you go through? I bought the red cable, can't get album art to work, and assume I need a software update. About to schedule my 5,000 mile service with Pacific Audi and going to request the update.
Circle Audi.
It's not the dealer it's Audi who won't update. Good luck. I had on older thread where someone posted the version that worked.
This thread might have the versions also
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2811594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevial
Tried it, doesn't work
Someone we know has figured something out. Hmmmmm hn+r_us_au_p0467 anyone
Attached Images
*Also a version 487 works

Last edited by joseaudi; 06-14-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by directorguy7
Not to play devil's advocate, but it might now be possible as there may not be an update to install? Maybe people that are getting art are doing something different than what you are doing. Maybe it only works with certain media types. Not sure, just throwing out some ideas. If there is a way to get the MMI to display some sort of "about" page that tells version you could get that, and get another person to check and see if they have a different version.
It s a different software version. I've been inquiring about this since august of last year in these forums. It's forum knowledge that the newer versions work with the red cable and older ones don't. The media types that work for sure are iPod tracks and videos, that play through the mmi

Last edited by joseaudi; 06-14-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

01-11-2012, 06:41 AM * #104
Stevial
AudiWorld Member
Garage is empty, add now

Ok, The Red Grommet cable works, but as far as i have seen and tested the software version in your US spec (North American) vehicles has to be at least
HN+R_US_AU_PO467 or higher, (such as HN+_US_AU_PO487) for the cable to work.

It will not work on cars with Software version HN+R_US_AU_PO409, which is the software version that a lot of the early cars came with.

As you can see the later cars have a different/higher software version, so the cable works.

So everyone who got there cars early, if you want the video and album art functionality, consider yourself screwed. I have been inquiring about a software update for months, but i am beginning to think that they wont be one.

I suppose its the price paid to be the 1st kid on the block.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You should try contacting my dealer, I asked them about the MMI version and upgrade process.

They said that every time a car comes in for service, they include a check to make sure that it has the latest version.

My Dealer is Rusnak Audi Westlake
Old 06-15-2012, 12:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by manishaudi
You should try contacting my dealer, I asked them about the MMI version and upgrade process.

They said that every time a car comes in for service, they include a check to make sure that it has the latest version.

My Dealer is Rusnak Audi Westlake
Sounds good. I'll try it next time
Old 06-18-2012, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can confirm that with my software: Version HN+_US_AU_PO487

And using a third generation iTouch and the red grommet cable, that the album covers DO show up. I have NOT tested it with the videos.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I just picked up my 2013 A6 (one of the first in the US). The included cable was the one with the blue grommet and the MMI software version is PO566. I've asked my dealer to get me a red cable in order to get cover art and iPhone/iPad video working - I'm surprised that Audi is still including the blue vs red cable on the 2013's. Since PO566 is obviously higher than PO467 or PO487, I'm wondering if the features will work once I get the correct cable.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by WannaS6
I can confirm that with my software: Version HN+_US_AU_PO487

And using a third generation iTouch and the red grommet cable, that the album covers DO show up. I have NOT tested it with the videos.
Check your MMI setting in media when Ipod touch is connected and check to make sure that display track info is checked or selected. It should show album cover Art.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't understand. Can't I just use my USB MMI input cable and get it working through a USB cable connected to my device?

Quick Reply: Anyone get their software update to show album art