Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Anyone get their software update to show album art

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I just picked up my 2013 A6 (one of the first in the US). The included cable was the one with the blue grommet and the MMI software version is PO566. I've asked my dealer to get me a red cable in order to get cover art and iPhone/iPad video working - I'm surprised that Audi is still including the blue vs red cable on the 2013's. Since PO566 is obviously higher than PO467 or PO487, I'm wondering if the features will work once I get the correct cable.
Do you have google street view?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Metallic-Force
I don't understand. Can't I just use my USB MMI input cable and get it working through a USB cable connected to my device?
not with an ipod or iphone, but with other usb devices yes, thats the reason why the ipod connector for audi and some others are considered proprietary
Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I just picked up my 2013 A6 (one of the first in the US). The included cable was the one with the blue grommet and the MMI software version is PO566. I've asked my dealer to get me a red cable in order to get cover art and iPhone/iPad video working - I'm surprised that Audi is still including the blue vs red cable on the 2013's. Since PO566 is obviously higher than PO467 or PO487, I'm wondering if the features will work once I get the correct cable.
yes, if you get the red grommet cable, it should work perfectly.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Do you have google street view?
Alas, no. However, the manual addresses how to get to the street view so I'm guessing it's ready and waiting on Google to transmit with the Earth data?
The manual states to go to the closest view with the Google Earth map overlay and if you see a small person symbol next to the zoom level indicator on the map (maybe available as on similar streets online in Google Maps), you turn turn the control **** until you get the street view. It also says "not available in all vehicles" so who knows. I'll keep playing with it to see if that symbol pops up anywhere.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
I was an early adopter. Got car June 1 st. I've tried to ask for the updated software and dealer said they will only update if there is a problem. I should say the problem is my mmi doesn't show album art.
Not able to display album art is definitely not considered a problem. Car makers have the right to add more features to their product without absolutely any obligation to previous clients, unless of course if it is safety related. I am sure if it is a piece of hardware that is being upgraded you will not ask for it. In this case, it is a piece of software, which is no different. Even if you want to pay for it, they still have the right not to offer it to you. This is not happening to Audi only, Porsche starts to include album art display and Jukebox part way through the 2013 model year, from Nov 2012, these new features are included for free. There are thousands of early 2013 model owners who did not get these new features, I am sure it can be easily upgraded, but if Porsche starts to do it to one previous client, everyone else will ask for it. After all, lack of latest features is one major reason behind new car purchase. Don't forget they are in the business of making money.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

As this is your first post on the Audi World forums, I would point out there have been many long threads on this subject. (Note that the last post (mine) to this particular thread was from last July; a lot of new info has been uncovered and discussed since then in other threads). While some will balk, most dealers will perform the updates without any issue as evidenced by the many owners who have had it done successfully. Also, in each update, there have been several documented fixes to MMI problems which, alone, should justify it being performed.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Please see https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2844336 for a poll related to Audi MMI firmware upgrades.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TGED
Not able to display album art is definitely not considered a problem. Car makers have the right to add more features to their product without absolutely any obligation to previous clients, unless of course if it is safety related. I am sure if it is a piece of hardware that is being upgraded you will not ask for it. In this case, it is a piece of software, which is no different. Even if you want to pay for it, they still have the right not to offer it to you. This is not happening to Audi only, Porsche starts to include album art display and Jukebox part way through the 2013 model year, from Nov 2012, these new features are included for free. There are thousands of early 2013 model owners who did not get these new features, I am sure it can be easily upgraded, but if Porsche starts to do it to one previous client, everyone else will ask for it. After all, lack of latest features is one major reason behind new car purchase. Don't forget they are in the business of making money.
Yeah got my update a while ago. Got street view!