Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Anyone put new wheels on their 2012 A6

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone put new wheels on their 2012 A6

Put this question into the Wheels and Tires Forum and was told I would have better luck putting into my model forum.

Question: Has anyone put custom wheels on their 2012 A6? I just picked up my Phantom Black 19" Sport Package A6 but I think the wheels are still a little conservative for how good this car really is. Am planning to put a more aggresive looking set of either black or gunmetal wheels on it in the spring. I wanted to know if anyone has already put new wheels on their car and if so...can you post pics. Given our model is so new there are not a lot of pics out there to help judge how the car will look.

Thanks to anyone who posts....
Old 11-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Poults
Put this question into the Wheels and Tires Forum and was told I would have better luck putting into my model forum.

Question: Has anyone put custom wheels on their 2012 A6? I just picked up my Phantom Black 19" Sport Package A6 but I think the wheels are still a little conservative for how good this car really is. Am planning to put a more aggresive looking set of either black or gunmetal wheels on it in the spring. I wanted to know if anyone has already put new wheels on their car and if so...can you post pics. Given our model is so new there are not a lot of pics out there to help judge how the car will look.

Lots of folks have added new wheels to their A6's. I special ordered my wheels through my dealer. Check out the pictures in the sticky above to see what I went with.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Poults

Poults...I added pics to the sticky yesterday. I had the same wheels as you and didn't like the conservativeness from the 19" Sport Wheels. I didn't want 20" wheels because of the ride so I was limited to what the dealer could do for me.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I put some 19 inch matte black Avant Garde M310's on it. IMO, it really set the car off. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
Attached Images    
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sgroger,

Sweet wheels ! Check out this on ebay. You may like the front grille emblem in a black matte finish. They make one for the rear, also. May tie the logos together with your wheel choice. I don't know anything about the vendor, so, do your research.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDi-A4-A6-F...ht_1767wt_1239
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got OZ 19" Ultraleggera cos I don't want the harsh ride of 20"
Attached Images   
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think these qualify..... These are Audi 20" Titanium 5 Arm Rotors. Not officially avail as a US option. Dealer hooked me up....

Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hippyshakes
I think these qualify..... These are Audi 20" Titanium 5 Arm Rotors. Not officially avail as a US option. Dealer hooked me up....

My favorite currently. I like oem looks, but with a twist. Changing different models wheels, etc
Old 01-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hippyshakes

Actually I like these too! but I don't want to destroy the ride quality so I opted for a smaller size. I'll be thinking about these when I change my wheels next time!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by oedipol
Actually I like these too! but I don't want to destroy the ride quality so I opted for a smaller size. I'll be thinking about these when I change my wheels next time!
The 5 arm rotor design is my top choice so far. I did a little research. They are available in 19" and are on the S4 I saw in New London Ct.

Name:  5rotor001.jpg
Views: 2282
Size:  82.4 KB

I did read a report or blog where they had the same car with the 20" and then again with the 19" wheels. The car with the 19" had better 0-60, 1/4 mile, skid pad, etc. It's not scientific and I don't remember which article it was but the general gist was that if you're into performance, go with the smaller wheel.

A 19" wheel gives a better ride, it takes more to damage one in a pot hole and the tires should be slightly cheaper. It should give a slightly better MPG too if it takes less to spin them.

I like the look of a 20" wheel on the car. That makes it a hard choice.

Quick Reply: Anyone put new wheels on their 2012 A6