Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi 0 Turkey 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
... I suppose out in the sticks everyone has turkeys...
No, I meant that no one owns wild turkeys!

I live in a 'burb but we are overrun with deer. They were fun to look at until there was a HERD of twenty-one full-grown deer in the yard! They eat EVERYTHING that grows, starting with the most expensive plants. And they are bold - I walked up to one and almost killed it with a 2X4! (missed it by inches). I laugh when I see those hunting shows where the hunters sneak around. I can't scare them off with my .22 cal starter pistol! The deer here just stand there ten feet away and watch me mow the yard. It's a bit disconcerting, cause I look UP at them when I'm sitting on the mower! I saw a 6-point (on one antler) buck in my yard and five-points are commonplace.

At least they leave the cars alone. For now.

I have a friend who has a big chunk of land here, and once we shot four wild turkeys in about two minutes; they were in his tomato patch and we were ~100 yards away and in the widow's walk on his old farmhouse (.30-06 w/scope). It was strange because the "survivors" just stood there and kept eating while their turkey buddies exploded next to them! (yes, he kept them for food) Ahh, good times!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
...My daughter did see a bear in the side yard two weeks ago. It was in the gully a hundred feet from the house eating ripe raspberries. It wasn't bothered by the barking dog at all...

I keep a watch in that direction when I'm out mowing.
Holy crap, I'd be wearing a sidearm of great caliber while mowing if I had THAT kind of wildlife problems! I think I'll call you "Tony Soprano"! Mount an AR-15 to the hood of your mower!

I'm from Upstate NY so I believe you. People in the South think NY is all like Manhattan!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to bring this old thread up. Yes, the tom turkey invaded my audi again. This time, it was in my very own garage. Garage door was open for 10-20 minutes, I am not sure how many of them, messed my rear bumper up and sh*t around my car. This time, the damage was severe. Deep holes followed by downward scratches on the rear bumper. I can imagine his hatred towards my Audi by looking at the depth of the holes. Although, there were only 4 scratches, they are enough to make my heart break. Having that said, brought my car to a body shop and was quoted $250 to get it fixed. Not sure if the price is decent.

I am thinking after fixing it, I will have her wrapped with Xpel immediately.

One thing I do not understand is, there are a bunch of cars out there and he picked the best one to eff with.

If any of you guys want some live turkeys, let me know.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Big time bummer. Again. FYI, as much as I love Xpel Ultimate, I doubt it could prevent these determined birds from pecking through it. There must be some wild turkey repellant on the market to keep those beaks offa the car.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
There must be some wild turkey repellant on the market to keep those beaks offa the car.
I have a Crosman 2100 Classic and a box of .177 caliber pointed pellets that would do the trick...
Old 01-11-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Didnt know the plastic bumper is so much softer than the side door. I could completely buffed out the scratches on the door last time. But not this round....

Old 01-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Banned

Based on how much Whole Foods was charging for "cage free" turkeys last Thanksgiving, I think you have a way to recover some costs if you can catch the perp.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

We've got all sorts of wildlife here. Gators, wild turkeys, wild boars, wild bears, wild peacocks, and one seriously big owl. The owl likes to eat his breakfast at 5:00 AM each morning on the roof outside our bedroom window. We get awakened to the shrieks of whatever small, furry mammal is on the menu. My wife usually covers her ears and yells "Just kill it already!!!!" Ahhhhh nature.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 01-12-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:53 AM
Banned

Don't pull out the Owl-B-Gone just yet. He's working for free as the exterminator... ah nature indeed!

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
We've got all sorts of wildlife here. Gators, wild turkeys, wild boars, wild bears, wild peacocks, and one seriously big owl. The owl likes to eat his breakfast at 5:00 AM each morning on the roof outside our bedroom window. We get awakened to the shrieks of whatever small, furry mammal is on the menu. My wife usually covers her ears and yells "Just kill it already!!!!" Ahhhhh nature.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Banned

This whole thread is pretty amusing, I must say! My favorites are the "at least he had good taste" comments. Hope you find an easy solution!