Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi A6 C7 2013: TPS Fault, Parking Brake Fault, Start-Stop System Fault, ESC/ABS Flt

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi A6 C7 2013: TPS Fault, Parking Brake Fault, Start-Stop System Fault, ESC/ABS Flt

Hello,

Last night I was driving and these errors came up.
As you can see in the pictures there are 4 errors.
I have had this issue exactly one month ago, but I turned off the car and they went away, no issues after that. Then, a week later, they came up again, and I did the same thing, which “solved” the issue. However I have decides to put the tester on the car and see what’s going on and these 4 errors came up and they were “intermitent” issues, which I guess it means that they don’t show up all the time in the dashboard. I have erased the errors and everything was fine until last night. I’ve done the same thing of turning off the car and start it again which made the errors go away. However this moring they showed up again so, again the same turn off and on story.
My question is what actually makes these errors to come up? Someone told me that it might be a sensor that makes the system go nuts. Considering that these are intermitent errors there must be an issue somewhere with a sensor that must be changed considering that erasing the errors didn’t really do anything.
Some other things to mention about the errors:
-The parking brake does hold the car but when I press the clutch in, go in 1st gear and lift the clutch just a little bit, the parking brake deactivates. And there are times where it doesn’t do that and it basically holds the car. It seems that it works as an auto-hold most of the time now.
-The stabilisation control really is off, I did a small launch and the wheels spinned, but after I turned off and on the car the stabilisation control was back on and when I tried to spin the wheels it didn’t allow it, which is good.
-I have no idea about the TPS and how it really works and what it actually means. I only know that it tells me if a tyre is underinflated.
-The Start-Stop system works fine after the turn off and on of the car.
Sorry for the long post but I could really use some help and opinions.
Thank you
The following 2 users liked this post by Daniels097:
garethgill (01-14-2022), Johnny close 36 (10-10-2021)
Old 10-14-2020, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 177 Posts

Is your car on its original battery? The C7 is very sensitive to battery condition and in most cases random and intermittment errors like the ones you are showing are down to the battery starting to fail. Would suggest getting the battery properly tested as a first step
Old 10-15-2020, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Is your car on its original battery? The C7 is very sensitive to battery condition and in most cases random and intermittment errors like the ones you are showing are down to the battery starting to fail. Would suggest getting the battery properly tested as a first step
I do not really know. How do I know if it is on its original battery?
The following users liked this post:
goca17 (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Daniel,

did you ever resolve this issue and what was it? I have the same issue and my dealership has no clue what is going on.
Old 10-06-2021, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had the same problem 2 years ago. An independent in the UK diagnosed speed sensor failure in the wheel bearing. If you think of all the faults listed they relate to wheel rotation. A good diagnostic tool should tell you which wheel is affected. It may be the rotating part of the bearing or the electronic speed reader..

John.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ECU water in plugs rusted pin

Originally Posted by Daniels097

Hello,

Last night I was driving and these errors came up.
As you can see in the pictures there are 4 errors.
I have had this issue exactly one month ago, but I turned off the car and they went away, no issues after that. Then, a week later, they came up again, and I did the same thing, which “solved” the issue. However I have decides to put the tester on the car and see what’s going on and these 4 errors came up and they were “intermitent” issues, which I guess it means that they don’t show up all the time in the dashboard. I have erased the errors and everything was fine until last night. I’ve done the same thing of turning off the car and start it again which made the errors go away. However this moring they showed up again so, again the same turn off and on story.
My question is what actually makes these errors to come up? Someone told me that it might be a sensor that makes the system go nuts. Considering that these are intermitent errors there must be an issue somewhere with a sensor that must be changed considering that erasing the errors didn’t really do anything.
Some other things to mention about the errors:
-The parking brake does hold the car but when I press the clutch in, go in 1st gear and lift the clutch just a little bit, the parking brake deactivates. And there are times where it doesn’t do that and it basically holds the car. It seems that it works as an auto-hold most of the time now.
-The stabilisation control really is off, I did a small launch and the wheels spinned, but after I turned off and on the car the stabilisation control was back on and when I tried to spin the wheels it didn’t allow it, which is good.
-I have no idea about the TPS and how it really works and what it actually means. I only know that it tells me if a tyre is underinflated.
-The Start-Stop system works fine after the turn off and on of the car.
Sorry for the long post but I could really use some help and opinions.
Thank you
had this issue on 2012 A6 C7, had to use a shirt point to remark connection and cover the wiring with plastic to stop the water ingress. The water ingress was caused by the rainwater hole in the centre of the windscreen leaking onto wiring loom.
Teddys55 (01-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2021, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have never had an issue since, turns out the rusted pin was the communication pin to all other ECUs in the car.
Teddys55 (01-10-2022)
Old 12-14-2021, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Happen to me also dont know what to do

Originally Posted by Johnny close 36
had this issue on 2012 A6 C7, had to use a shirt point to remark connection and cover the wiring with plastic to stop the water ingress. The water ingress was caused by the rainwater hole in the centre of the windscreen leaking onto wiring loom.

do u have any pics?
Old 01-06-2022, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This can be caused from the connector on the air mass filter when you disconnect this plug all this problems can appear if the connector wires are loose or fried can do the same check for this connector
Old 01-14-2022, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did you get to the bottom of this fault? I have the exact same error messages today.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Audi A6 C7 2013: TPS Fault, Parking Brake Fault, Start-Stop System Fault, ESC/ABS Flt