Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Connect 3 year.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Audi Connect 3 year.

Hi,

I recently picked up my A6 and was offered a T-Mobile deal where for $450.00 I got 36 months of data (30 months paid, plus the 6 months included with the car). In other words, it worked out to $15 a month. I was very tempted to just go with the truphone once the 6 months expired, but for 15 a month I figured it'd be nice to keep google maps going.

Just an FYI for those of you picking up cars in the near future..... I'm not sure if people who already picked up their car can take advantage of this deal. Then again, it may be that T-Mobile makes nice offers to those about to, or who just did, let their trials expire.

Mike
Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get this through your dealer?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Did you get this through your dealer?
I did. They asked for my credit card to run it ( the charge is from T-Mobile) but the salesperson handled the activation, etc.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I just checked with T-Mobile and they said it was only offered through the dealer at time of purchase/delivery or within 7 days. Since I purchased my car three weeks ago, T-Mobile said there was nothing they could do and referred me to Audi. They also said they were receiving lots of calls from Audi buyers with the same complaint.

This is disappointing as my dealer made no mention of this whatsoever. Extended warranties, Audi Care, bras, tinting, etc but nothing about this deal. I've got a message into AOA to see what can be done. We'll see. $15 @ month unlimited data is not a bad deal.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, new to the forum. I pick up my first Audi, an A6, in a couple of hours. For those of you with Audi Connect, how much do you use it? is it worth it? I was considering it as I'm in my car a lot, but I'm usually alone, so I'm wondering how much use I'd get from it
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cut68
Hey all, new to the forum. I pick up my first Audi, an A6, in a couple of hours. For those of you with Audi Connect, how much do you use it? is it worth it? I was considering it as I'm in my car a lot, but I'm usually alone, so I'm wondering how much use I'd get from it
I've had my car for almost two weeks now, and I find that I've used it quite a few times to do voice searches for destinations, as well as finding the best gas prices in a certain area. I also dig the Google Earth maps - so it's worth it for me. When the trial is up I'll probably continue it, as the monthly cost is roughly the same as what OnStar cost me in my previous Cadillac, so I'm used to paying a monthly fee for -something- in the car.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyuni
I've had my car for almost two weeks now, and I find that I've used it quite a few times to do voice searches for destinations, as well as finding the best gas prices in a certain area. I also dig the Google Earth maps - so it's worth it for me. When the trial is up I'll probably continue it, as the monthly cost is roughly the same as what OnStar cost me in my previous Cadillac, so I'm used to paying a monthly fee for -something- in the car.
Did your dealer present you with the 50% off offer at time of delivery? Mine didn't and I'm twisting arms right now as I had stated, it was only good for up to 7 days afterward. At $30 @ month, I'd go the TruSim route but at $15 I'd go with T-mobile.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Did your dealer present you with the 50% off offer at time of delivery? Mine didn't and I'm twisting arms right now as I had stated, it was only good for up to 7 days afterward. At $30 @ month, I'd go the TruSim route but at $15 I'd go with T-mobile.
It was offered to me at the half off price when they were trying to sell me everything else (wheel guard, hood bra, etc)
Old 08-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would have done it as well at this price if I had been offered. Does it make sense to get a list of people who would buy it now frm Tmobile. If we got a bunch of owners to say they would do it, I would volunteer to call them and say, "look, here are xxx number of people who were not offered your service but want to do it......". Maybe there is power in numbers!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
My dealer did, indeed. I didn't opt to take it at that time, because I wasn't sure if it would be worth the cost at that point, I wanted to use it for a bit to decide. Really seems to me that for someone unfamiliar with the system - this kind of offer should be something they throw at you after a month or two, rather than try to hit you with it at delivery when I'm unsure of its worth.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect 3 year.