Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Connect Survey

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forget about Audi Connect having a remote start feature. What about Audi Connect with remote park and pick up?? Not sure whether it will take off any time soon but incredible multiple sensor technology at work. Can't see it happen in the US as there are too many ambulance chasers attorneys in our litigious society.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2842126

http://www.youcar.tv/2013/news/audi-...g-for-parking/
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
Forget about Audi Connect having a remote start feature. What about Audi Connect with remote park and pick up?? Not sure whether it will take off any time soon but incredible multiple sensor technology at work. Can't see it happen in the US as there are too many ambulance chasers attorneys in our litigious society.
I wouldn't mind remote start with an ap for the phone to start it from anywhere. I had an aftermarket system on my C5 and it came with GPS in the event the car was stolen. Funny though that Audi really does not talk about remote start due to a the risk of a car engine being on with no passenger (also I think certain laws in German towns that make this illegal), yet they are diving into auto driving cars.....Things that make you go hmmmm.

I for one would not do auto park even if our country let it in. I love my car, but I don't trust her to avoid mini vans. Not to mention I saw Demolition Man. Self driving cars are no fun. I would have bought a Ford with the parking feature if I wanted to release control of the driving experience.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
I wouldn't mind remote start with an ap for the phone to start it from anywhere. I had an aftermarket system on my C5 and it came with GPS in the event the car was stolen. Funny though that Audi really does not talk about remote start due to a the risk of a car engine being on with no passenger (also I think certain laws in German towns that make this illegal), yet they are diving into auto driving cars.....Things that make you go hmmmm.

I for one would not do auto park even if our country let it in. I love my car, but I don't trust her to avoid mini vans. Not to mention I saw Demolition Man. Self driving cars are no fun. I would have bought a Ford with the parking feature if I wanted to release control of the driving experience.
I heard that a Lexus lady driver sued the manufacturer because she did not know (or forgot) she had to help with the braking during the self park process. Since US has not allowed fully capable self parking cars to operate, driver intervention is still required. Apparently partial self park is only legal in 2 states. Another thing ... driver needs to provide accelerator and braking input. Old article here about Ford's version.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...arking-system/

More info about the Audi technology from 2013 CES and legislation issues:

http://www.zdnet.com/audis-self-park...ds-7000009891/

I like that one comment - The third issue comes from the drivers themselves. Imagine you've invested in a premium car, including a nice, powerful engine, and then that car tells you to relax, it will take over – not all drivers would welcome ceding control of their vehicle to the vehicle itself.

Matches with your thoughts on this point.